An Elitist Pompous Jackass Votes Early

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

An Elitist Pompous Jackass Votes Early

Post by Nuvolari » October 31st 2020, 9:13am

Yesterday, I decided to dress up for a Zoom meeting. Really, I could have worn a dirty wife-beater T-shirt, but I had an errand to run in public and, through my business, I’m fairly well-known in our local community. So, instead, I elected to dawn a light blue button-down shirt, a dark blue sport coat with a white pocket square, a good pair of Italian shoes, and an American flag facemask of matching blue stars & stripes.

Plus, I also had my small but awesome dog on a leash obediently by my side.

F9FFCF34-0051-408F-AEC8-4276738F91FD.jpeg

We parked in the very back of the lot - away from the masses, as I prefer. And, quite frankly, I was surprised at how massive the presence of the masses ended up being.

October 30th at 11:00 am, on the first day of Early Voting, and there was already a long LONG line of people strewn about several of the buildings in the area wrapping around various edifices.

For some reason, it was to the discernible dismay and consternation of many that we had the nerve to casually - and mostly in shade, while they stood in the sun - walk up to the very front of the line and await the attention of a gentleman wrapping up his round of 20 Questions with a “lady” pop coulture would certainly label a “Karen”. “Why wasn’t the line moving? Couldn’t they let more people in - because [she] had been waiting a long time... “

E49D7E4E-1C91-4327-A83C-5F515F08BC88.jpeg

The volunteer gentleman nodded in empathy for some time but eventually put his hand up - as if to say, “Jesus, give me five damn seconds to answer just ONE of your gawd damn stupid questions!”. The “lady” stopped talking, and he turned his head to his right to ask me, “Sir, is there something I can help you with? Because the line begins way over THERE...” he said gesticulating with his other hand toward the long line of people so far away from us, they looked tiny.

“Yes, Kind Sir, can you please point me in the direction of the ‘Secure Drop Off’ location?”

He looked genuinely relieved that I didn’t have an idiotic question and wasn’t going to be a pain in his ass. He said, rather gleefully, “Oh! Sure thing - that’s right here...” and pointed to a secure bin by right his side.

I slipped my envelope into the box and turned away.

The dog sniffed around a bit on the way back to the car and I took a few pictures of a startling number or people seeking patience.

We got in, fired up the be-headered V8, and rolled down all the windows. My car has no B-pillars leaving a “wide open” feel, that - along with music from the great Freddie King - proved to be a great way to savor the remainder of a fabulous 70 degree day as I drove away.

Waiting - standing around in the sun - is no way to live your life.

Nuvolari doesn’t wait in lines, gawddamn it.

NO Lord should.

/end PSA
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: An Elitist Pompous Jackass Votes Early

Post by MAX » October 31st 2020, 10:48am

Excellent! I voted in person early last week. There was a light, drizzling rain going on and there was only one person in line ahead of me, a Palm Beach Sherrif. We were treated like royalty or maybe the MILF taking care of us was intimidated by the fact I was with an armed police officer.
Took longer to invalidate my mail in ballot so I could vote in person than to actually vote.
Also took longer to ogle another MILF voting herself.
No lines for this Lord either.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » October 31st 2020, 3:00pm

Looking Sharp, Nuvo.

We mailed in our ballots weeks ago. A couple of months back we requested mail in ballots from our Parish Registrar. Never again will we vote in person because, I will tetify, we will always be out of town on voting days. Always.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 31st 2020, 3:34pm

Just a tremendous thread here. Nice job. Tremendous. The photos are great, too.

My vote's in, you can track it here in NY, and I know it's been received. Barring some sort of dirty tricks, it might even be counted, too.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » October 31st 2020, 4:07pm

^^^That

Dropped off October 12th; had to wait in line forever behind two cars, but it was worth it. Fortunately I had a couple'a granola bars and a thermos of coffee just in case.

Checked in with the Clerk and she got my ballot on the 13th.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » November 1st 2020, 6:58am

conjurer wrote:
October 31st 2020, 8:01pm
biglove wrote:
October 31st 2020, 7:45pm
^^^Lost me on that one, John? Plants?
Sorry, Mr. Loaf. A long day at work. I meant "lumpen."
Well that makes more sense. I was scrambling my brain , trying to figure out what I was missing. 😂
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » November 1st 2020, 6:34pm

Nuvolari wrote:
October 31st 2020, 9:13am
Yesterday, I decided to dress up for a Zoom meeting. Really, I could have worn a dirty wife-beater T-shirt, but I had an errand to run in public and, through my business, I’m fairly well-known in our local community. So, instead, I elected to dawn a light blue button-down shirt, a dark blue sport coat with a white pocket square, a good pair of Italian shoes, and an American flag facemask of matching blue stars & stripes.

Plus, I also had my small but awesome dog on a leash obediently by my side.

F9FFCF34-0051-408F-AEC8-4276738F91FD.jpeg

We parked in the very back of the lot - away from the masses, as I prefer. And, quite frankly, I was surprised at how massive the presence of the masses ended up being.

October 30th at 11:00 am, on the first day of Early Voting, and there was already a long LONG line of people strewn about several of the buildings in the area wrapping around various edifices.

For some reason, it was to the discernible dismay and consternation of many that we had the nerve to casually - and mostly in shade, while they stood in the sun - walk up to the very front of the line and await the attention of a gentleman wrapping up his round of 20 Questions with a “lady” pop coulture would certainly label a “Karen”. “Why wasn’t the line moving? Couldn’t they let more people in - because [she] had been waiting a long time... “

E49D7E4E-1C91-4327-A83C-5F515F08BC88.jpeg

The volunteer gentleman nodded in empathy for some time but eventually put his hand up - as if to say, “Jesus, give me five damn seconds to answer just ONE of your gawd damn stupid questions!”. The “lady” stopped talking, and he turned his head to his right to ask me, “Sir, is there something I can help you with? Because the line begins way over THERE...” he said gesticulating with his other hand toward the long line of people so far away from us, they looked tiny.

“Yes, Kind Sir, can you please point me in the direction of the ‘Secure Drop Off’ location?”

He looked genuinely relieved that I didn’t have an idiotic question and wasn’t going to be a pain in his ass. He said, rather gleefully, “Oh! Sure thing - that’s right here...” and pointed to a secure bin by right his side.

I slipped my envelope into the box and turned away.

The dog sniffed around a bit on the way back to the car and I took a few pictures of a startling number or people seeking patience.

We got in, fired up the be-headered V8, and rolled down all the windows. My car has no B-pillars leaving a “wide open” feel, that - along with music from the great Freddie King - proved to be a great way to savor the remainder of a fabulous 70 degree day as I drove away.

Waiting - standing around in the sun - is no way to live your life.

Nuvolari doesn’t wait in lines, gawddamn it.

NO Lord should.

/end PSA
Okay, that's all fine and good but what we really want to know is: what watch were you wearing?
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » November 1st 2020, 9:58pm

biglove wrote:
November 1st 2020, 6:56pm
^^^ I do believe that's an 18K Rolex Day-Date Nuvo has on?
The gentlemen with the keen eyes is correct!

(From later in the day for confirmation purposes:)
AACF690D-57F7-42E7-9142-3667B7240CA8.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » November 1st 2020, 9:59pm

nimbleboy wrote:
November 1st 2020, 5:34pm
I had last week off work, so I got in line. It was a bit chilly, but the sun was shining. Bad pic- my hands were full of tacos and sesame chicken that restaurants brought for us...

Tacos & sesame chicken pretty much make everything okay!

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”