The Universe is trying to screw me...

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

The Universe is trying to screw me...

Post by biglove » October 15th 2020, 3:41pm

Just need to rant...

So I have this Vario watch I bought from Singapore. Unique, wasn't too much at $260. But just ain't jiving with it. Guy that designs and manufacturers them is nice fellow and has 30 day return policy, regardless of reason. Agreed to refund. Nice.

So I go to UPS Store to ship back. Box weighs about 14oz and is small.

Took me 20" of explaining to the guy that Singapore is an island/city/nation/state and that there are no cities IN Singapore because it is, again, an island/city/nation/state. Finally it clicks. Finally.

He still struggles with the concept as he works to enter the address. Tries to sell me shipping insurance, can't be done as package goes to a PO box. Finally I think he has it down and the assclown tells me it is $87.03.

I lost my shit. Told him "I will smash that watch with a hammer for giggles before I pay $87 to ship it back."

Then I pick up an Rx for the wife. MD called in 30 day instead of our usual 90 day supply. Unpack the Rx to find he called in the wrong drug that she cannot take. Fuck!

Then I get home, find my "clean" t-shirt is funky. And I have to do a full 8 tomorrow because I left 30" early today.

A fine end to a week that started with a patient's spouse calling twice Tuesday AM to tell me he hoped me and my family suffer and die. All because Monday I had tried to talk to him about hospice for his wife who was dying in ICU with COVID. She died Monday night, alone in ICU, instead of at home with her family by her side.

I am about to have a glass of Scotch and wish I could roll a blunt.

One of those days. One of those weeks. Well, fuck, it is 2020.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Re: The Universe is trying to screw me...

Post by Thunder1 » October 15th 2020, 6:31pm

Falstaff wrote:
October 15th 2020, 6:04pm
You know what they say - "Some days you eat the bear...." Fuck that day. Think about the day your boy got to sing the national anthem for the Orioles.
+1...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Hawk
ASSHAT

Re: The Universe is trying to screw me...

Post by Hawk » October 16th 2020, 6:49am

biglove wrote:
October 15th 2020, 3:41pm
Just need to rant...
Took me 20" of explaining to the guy that Singapore is an island/city/nation/state and that there are no cities IN Singapore because it is, again, an island/city/nation/state. Finally it clicks. Finally.
A couple of years back I get a call from UPS telling me a shipment from Saigon was in impound and they needed money and a declaration of contents. I told them I really doubted they had any such thing - I had ordered some stuff from a guy in HCM City but already had it and there wasn't any such thing as a Saigon. I did have some batteries due in from Singapore.

And round and round it went until they verified it was lithium batteries with missing paperwork. Ah. Singapore - expected and what do you need? Still they insist it's Saigon. WTF ever says I, how much and when can I get it. And it wasn't even 2020 yet. Maybe they hired SloPo - that guy was convinced Singapore was a city in China too.

Thanks for the deja vu. Figures it was UPS both times - never had that issue with DHL.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”