Got Pine Sol?

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Got Pine Sol?

Post by koimaster » September 24th 2020, 10:48am

Pine-Sol Added to EPA’s List of 32 Cleaning Products Proven to Kill the Coronavirus

Lysol, Clorox wipes and other household cleaners also kill virus that causes COVID

he multipurpose cleaner Pine-Sol Original has been added to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) growing list of products that have proven effective in killing the new coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) on hard surfaces, based on results from laboratory testing. The cleaner, with the active ingredient glycolic acid, has been shown to kill the virus that causes COVID-19 after about 10 minutes of contact time on a surface.

The latest update brings the total number of products approved by the EPA for use against SARS-CoV-2 to 32; Lysol Disinfectant Spray and Lysol Disinfectant Max Cover Mist were the first to receive agency approval in early July. (See the full list below.)

https://www.aarp.org/health/conditions- ... 3738454526

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Got Pine Sol?

Post by biglove » September 24th 2020, 5:40pm

We still have Lysol spray despite both of us spraying our work shoes and surfaces down every day. Have kept quite a lot on hand and rotated it since the whole Y2K thing. Still using bottled water I bought back in January, seeing what happened in China. Hell, I keep pretty much 6-12 months of personal care and non-perishables on hand as a standard. My kids call our indoor storage the “Y2K closet.”

It also served us well when my wife took a two month break from working two years ago. Didn’t have to buy a lot of the usual stuff, just used our stash.

Serves us well and when my granddaughter got sick the other night, Pop and JJ showed up with a stack of Pedialyte and kid meds. Comes in handy.

Anyway, a far better smelling alternative to Pine-Sol is a product called Odoban. Is an effective virucidal/bactericidal and smells great. We use it on our dog beds, house shoes, dog blankets and more. Can buy 4 gallons of concentrate from Sams online for half what two gallons costs from Amazon. We don’t dilute it but each gallon can be diluted to make 32 gallons
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 24th 2020, 7:23pm

Gin still tastes better, but I get it...
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 24th 2020, 7:45pm

Nuvolari wrote:
September 24th 2020, 7:23pm
Gin still tastes better, but I get it...
Gin, a longtime favorite, will never cross my lips again. An Aerosmith concert back 15 years ago, a LOT of gin+OJ and pizza consumed quickly with a vomiting episode on the side of the Interstate that is still talked about and a hangover that took four days to get over. Never again.
gerdson (Online)
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » September 24th 2020, 10:08pm

That must have been the pizza.
Wife and I used Lysterine mouthwash 3 times a day back in march when we felt strange and were sick " with something". No clue if that had any impact, anyways we both were tested negative on antibodies (but so do appr. 40% after a couple of weeks again), so what do we know.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » September 25th 2020, 8:02am

gerdson wrote:
September 24th 2020, 10:08pm
That must have been the pizza.
Wife and I used Lysterine mouthwash 3 times a day back in march when we felt strange and were sick " with something". No clue if that had any impact, anyways we both were tested negative on antibodies (but so do appr. 40% after a couple of weeks again), so what do we know.
Antibodies peek about 3 weeks after infection. The current antibody tests have a nasty rate of false negative and an even nastier tendency to show false positive. The latter sucks because then folks think they have some level of immunity when they do not.
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » September 25th 2020, 12:04pm

nothing against the product but Ive stayed in too many Holiday Inns, Ho-Jos and other cheap motels to be able to be able to stand the odor of lysol. Pine Sol is even worse.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”