macOS Big Sur Review

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

macOS Big Sur Review

Post by koimaster » August 19th 2020, 10:00am

Apple’s 31st WWDC has brought many amazing updates and gave us a sneak peek at macOS Big Sur. Many users have predicted that the new operating system will be traditionally named after another beautiful spot in California. Apple didn’t disappoint us; the company even exceeded our expectations introducing considerable improvements to the OS.

As a Mac user, you probably want to know the new macOS Big Sur release date and what massive updates it brings along. So let’s discuss the new OS in more detail.

https://macpaw.com/how-to/macos-big-sur-review

https://www.apple.com/macos/big-sur-preview/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: macOS Big Sur Review

Post by biglove » August 19th 2020, 10:07am

Left Macs behind years ago. Plenty of iPad/iPhones but Apples laptops were just ridiculously overpriced for specs.

A shame because I owned the first Power PC MAC, first and 2nd gen iMacs, multiple versions of Powerbooks and sew fourth and sew On.

Have used Toshiba laptops for Windows for years and now they quit making them. ☹️
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » August 19th 2020, 10:22am

biglove wrote:
August 19th 2020, 10:07am
Left Macs behind years ago. Plenty of iPad/iPhones but Apples laptops were just ridiculously overpriced for specs.

A shame because I owned the first Power PC MAC, first and 2nd gen iMacs, multiple versions of Powerbooks and sew fourth and sew On.

Have used Toshiba laptops for Windows for years and now they quit making them. ☹️
try lenovo laptops or chrome. I have the macbook my late brother had just purchased before his death 4 years ago today in fact (his death at 60). Never used it, in fact it is on the floor at the office at the house.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » August 19th 2020, 10:54am

I'll wait on Big Sur for a while. Using my 2017 iMac with High Sierra at the moment. It will be the last Mac with an Intel chip that we will buy. Wife has a 6 year old Air laptop, an iPad, iPhone 11. Our last iMac lasted over 6 years.

Next year, probably late, Apple will release computers with their own chips. The chip sent out in developer kits was reviewed on Ars Technica and it looks very promising. https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/06 ... ition-kit/

NASA issues laptops to everyone now; desktop/towers only for instruments. I have a Dell that weighs several pounds; a desktop replacement that doesn't run too long without the cord. They give us a backpack to haul the thing around in. Office people get lighter laptops. Macs are an option if people want them.

If you have an intel mac, you can install Windows on it just like it was a pc.
biglove (Online)
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 19th 2020, 11:04am

^^^I have run Linux, MacOS and Windows all in the same laptop. Used to really enjoy playing with old OS and experimental OS. Used to. Too old for that now and just want stuff to work.

Was part of Windows 7 beta and just flipped over to Windows 10, reluctantly, but has actually been pretty smooth.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”