Isaias go home you’re drunk!

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
ocean
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Isaias go home you’re drunk!

Post by ocean » August 3rd 2020, 4:06am

Well that was about what I thought no big deal. Some waves and rain.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Isaias go home you’re drunk!

Post by MAX » August 3rd 2020, 5:01am

Didnt have much rain here and very little wind. Hope the northern states are as lucky.

Of course the fucking media cried wolf again and panic ensued. This is why people pay less and less attention to them and ignore when they really need to listen.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » August 3rd 2020, 5:57am

MAX wrote:
August 3rd 2020, 5:01am
Didnt have much rain here and very little wind. Hope the northern states are as lucky.

Of course the fucking media cried wolf again and panic ensued. This is why people pay less and less attention to them and ignore when they really need to listen.
As a native Floridian (Tampa area) our standard hurricane precautions were 1. Bring in the lawn chairs and trash cans. 2. Check the flashlight batteries and find the candles. 3. Gas up the car. 4. Buy beer and invite the neighbors. I'd venture to say that we weathered at least 20 this way. The first I can remember clearly was Donna in 1960.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 3rd 2020, 6:32am

Looks like my list except for #4. Those cheap bastards can buy their own beer.

My sole extra prep for this one was to put the braces on the garage door so they didnt rattle and bang all night in the wind. Didnt need to bother.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » August 3rd 2020, 7:14am

Falstaff wrote:
August 3rd 2020, 5:57am
MAX wrote:

As a native Floridian (Tampa area) our standard hurricane precautions were 1. Bring in the lawn chairs and trash cans. 2. Check the flashlight batteries and find the candles. 3. Gas up the car. 4. Buy beer and invite the neighbors. I'd venture to say that we weathered at least 20 this way. The first I can remember clearly was Donna in 1960.
In New Orleans, it was buy alcohol, park car in highest spot you could find, and invite friends over for crawfish and jambalaya. Grocery stores would always run out of water, bread, milk, eggs (gotta have french toast) but there was always plenty of beer and potato chips.

Because of the weather, the Space X capsule landed just off the coast of Pensacola. Water looked very calm.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » August 3rd 2020, 7:32am

bbattle wrote:
August 3rd 2020, 7:14am
Falstaff wrote:
August 3rd 2020, 5:57am
MAX wrote:

In New Orleans, it was buy alcohol, park car in highest spot you could find, and invite friends over for crawfish and jambalaya. Grocery stores would always run out of water, bread, milk, eggs (gotta have french toast) but there was always plenty of beer and potato chips.

Because of the weather, the Space X capsule landed just off the coast of Pensacola. Water looked very calm.

Although our house was only 5 blocks from the Gulf (St. Joseph Sound), we were located atop the "mid- Pinellas ridge" - a lofty 50 ft. above sea level. Though the air was a little thin at that altitude, we didn't have to worry about flooding.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » August 3rd 2020, 8:25am

This was a weird storm. It had no teeth it might in the coming days and hopefully it is just a rain maker for those in the path. Information leading up wasn’t the normal and made it hard for me to decide on anything till yesterday morning. I told my crew basically to just secure the pool deck and take a wait and see attitude. Hell truth be told Saturday afternoon I didn’t care unless it got washed away or something. I’m on vacation for the first time in two years
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”