Mike Gale to find Another Home..

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Mike Gale to find Another Home..

Post by Thunder1 » July 31st 2020, 7:16pm

When the Spurs acquired Mike Gale from the ABA’s New York Nets for cash in June 1975, some of his new teammates weren’t sure the Philadelphia native would fit in San Antonio.
“He was an East Coast guy,” Spurs great James Silas said.
Within no time, though, Gale became a true San Antonian.
He liked it so much, he never left,” Silas said of Gale settling in the Alamo City after his 11-year pro career ended following the 1981-82 season.
Gale, who played five-plus seasons with the Spurs from 1975-81 as a popular defensive-minded guard and backup to future Hall of Famer George Gervin, died this week. He was 70.
“The Spurs family mourns the passing of Mike “Sugar” Gale,” read a tweet the club issued Friday. “Our deepest condolences go out to this family during this difficult time.”

Teammates remembered Gale as a positive person who seemingly never had a bad day.
“He was my friend and brother, one of the best teammates you could have,” Silas said.\
day.

“He was my friend and brother, one of the best teammates you could have,” Silas said.

Said Coby Dietrick: “There haven’t been that many men I know who could walk around with the nickname ‘Sugar,’ but that fit him so well. He was a super nice guy, enjoyable and great to be around. And he was like that all his life.”
Wayne Witt, the Spurs director of media relations from 1974-94, called Gale “one of the nicest guys to ever come along.”
He was pleasant, fun to be around, cooperative, always happy,” Witt said. “I don’t think I ever saw a negative side to him.”
On the court, the 6-foot-4 Gale was a heady defender skilled at jumping into passing lanes to swipe the ball with his quick hands and trigger the Spurs’ vaunted transition offense featuring the high-scoring Gervin.
“He was a Bruce Bowen-type of player,” former Spurs coach and general manager Bob Bass said of Gale in a 2015 interview with the Express-News. “He had the size and strength to guard just about anybody except a 7-footer.”

A two-time All-Defensive First-Team honoree in the ABA, Gale typically guarded the opponent’s top threat.
https://www.expressnews.com/sports/spur ... 450216.php
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”