Cirque du Soleil Bankrupt

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
koimaster
Founder

Cirque du Soleil Bankrupt

Post by koimaster » June 29th 2020, 10:50pm

Cirque du Soleil, the producer of a number of Las Vegas acrobatic shows, has filed for bankruptcy.

In an announcement Monday, the Montreal-based company blamed its bankruptcy on the "immense disruption and forced show closures as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic" and is aiming to restructure its debt with assistance from the Canadian government and private equity firms.
The filing comes three months after it temporarily suspended production of its shows, including six in Las Vegas. It also has about 10 shows on tour across the world, including "O," "Michael Jackson One," and "The Beatles LOVE."
Cirque entered a "stalking horse" bid from its largest backers, including a mix of multinational private equity firms from the United States, China and Canada for $420 million. That offer is intended to be a starting point in an auction to draw other bidders.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/business ... index.html

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Cirque du Soleil Bankrupt

Post by conjurer » June 29th 2020, 11:33pm

Tough shit. I hate circuses.

In order of the things I hate the most:

1. The so-called Great Apes.

2. Walt Disney, who named names and gave up his friends to HUAC.

3. Circuses.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MAX » June 30th 2020, 5:04am

We have seen quite a few Cirque shows and while pricey they were pretty fantastic. Even saw a private performance of a few acts for our sales group. I believe they are more plays with exhibitions woven in than circus. I have also seen real circuses, even a few while still under canvas and they were also fantastic. The problem was circuses evolved into production type numbers and away from pure circus and I feel that led to their demise. Well, that and the fucking bleeding hearts sticking their noses in and ruining everything as usual.

Broadway shows being closed down doesnt bother me as I have never cared for them but this is sad. Bottom line rules all.

I hope some way Cirque is in the future.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bbattle » June 30th 2020, 3:32pm

They just filed to gain breathing space for buyout and/or debt reorganization. All their talent is sitting at home collecting unemployment at this point.

Might be next year before I get to go back to work which is very frustrating since even before covid-19 I worked pretty much by myself in mostly empty buildings or test cells.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 30th 2020, 3:36pm

Been to several shows. Carol loved them. And also still working from home. Went into my office yesterday for the second time since mid march.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”