The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Post Reply
User avatar
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 6835
Joined: June 22nd 2015, 4:55am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Texas Hill Country near Austin
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by Thunder1 » September 4th 2018, 8:15am

Let's try this one...


Hello?... Uh... Hello D- uh hello Dmitri? Listen uh uh I can't hear too well. Do you suppose you could turn the music down just a little?... Oh-ho, that's much better... yeah... huh... yes... Fine, I can hear you now, Dmitri... Clear and plain and coming through fine... I'm coming through fine, too, eh?... Good, then... well, then, as you say, we're both coming through fine... Good... Well, it's good that you're fine and... and I'm fine... I agree with you, it's great to be fine... a-ha-ha-ha-ha... Now then, Dmitri, you know how we've always talked about the possibility of something going wrong with the Bomb... The *Bomb*, Dmitri... The *hydrogen* bomb!... Well now, what happened is... ahm... one of our base commanders, he had a sort of... well, he went a little funny in the head... you know... just a little... funny. And, ah... he went and did a silly thing... Well, I'll tell you what he did. He ordered his planes... to attack your country... Ah... Well, let me finish, Dmitri... Let me finish, Dmitri... Well listen, how do you think I feel about it?... Can you *imagine* how I feel about it, Dmitri?... Why do you think I'm calling you? Just to say hello?... *Of course* I like to speak to you!... *Of course* I like to say hello!... Not now, but anytime, Dmitri. I'm just calling up to tell you something terrible has happened... It's a *friendly* call. Of course it's a friendly call... Listen, if it wasn't friendly... you probably wouldn't have even got it... They will *not* reach their targets for at least another hour... I am... I am positive, Dmitri... Listen, I've been all over this with your ambassador. It is not a trick... Well, I'll tell you. We'd like to give your air staff a complete run-down on the targets, the flight plans, and the defensive systems of the planes... Yes! I mean i-i-i-if we're unable to recall the planes, then... I'd say that, ah... well, ah... we're just gonna have to help you destroy them, Dmitri... I know they're our boys... All right, well listen now. Who should we call?... *Who* should we call, Dmitri? The... wha-whe, the People... you, sorry, you faded away there... The People's Central Air Defense Headquarters... Where is that, Dmitri?... In Omsk... Right... Yes... Oh, you'll call them first, will you?... Uh-huh... Listen, do you happen to have the phone number on you, Dmitri?... Whe-ah, what? I see, just ask for Omsk information... Ah-ah-eh-uhm-hm... I'm sorry, too, Dmitri... I'm very sorry... *All right*, you're sorrier than I am, but I am as sorry as well... I am as sorry as you are, Dmitri! Don't say that you're more sorry than I am, because I'm capable of being just as sorry as you are... So we're both sorry, all right?... All right.
Image
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31791
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by conjurer » September 4th 2018, 9:54am

You treat what l tried to do for you like shit. You don't wanna work for me? What's wrong with you? And then you carry a piece in my house. You one of those burned-out, demolished wackos in the joint? You're scary because you don't give a fuck. But don't come on to me now with your jailhouse bullshit. You are not that guy.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31791
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by conjurer » September 6th 2018, 7:31am

Thunder1 wrote:^^ How about a hint or 2, sir...


Why, soitenly!

1) Important director's first movie

2) Starring James Caan.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 3513
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 11th 2018, 8:56am

conjurer wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:^^ How about a hint or 2, sir...


Why, soitenly!

1) Important director's first movie

2) Starring James Caan.

Hmmm... Thief, maybe?
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31791
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by conjurer » September 11th 2018, 8:57am

MKTheVintageBloke wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:^^ How about a hint or 2, sir...


Why, soitenly!

1) Important director's first movie

2) Starring James Caan.

Hmmm... Thief, maybe?


Yup! You're up, Mr. Bloke!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 3513
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 11th 2018, 9:03am

"I've selected you to lead us, not only because of your extraordinary fighting ability, but also because, in the unlikely event the Germans ever get you, they will assume from your attire that they've captured a wretched peasant and immediately send you on your way."
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
User avatar
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Posts: 3513
Joined: December 7th 2016, 2:47pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: The Movie Quotes & life quotes thread

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » September 11th 2018, 9:28am

Thunder1 wrote:^^Has to be 'A Bridge too far'...

That was quick! Indeed A Bridge Too Far - Edward Fox as General Brian Horrocks. Your turn, Thunder.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
Post Reply

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest