9/11-where were you on the morning

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Slopo

Re: So where were you on the morning of 9/11?

Post by Slopo » September 11th 2011, 4:40pm

Actually i was In a cheap motel with a prostitute in Porto Alegre Brazil.

I travel alot, everytime im in the airport and I see someone that look too muslim with big beard and the qua-ran in one hand, I always call from the house phone and report suspicious activities. You guys probably think I'm kidding but I'm not. If that makes me a bigot well fuck it
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » September 13th 2011, 10:19am

Slowpo wrote:Actually i was In a cheap motel with a prostitute in Porto Alegre Brazil.

I travel alot, everytime im in the airport and I see someone that look too muslim with big beard and the qua-ran in one hand, I always call from the house phone and report suspicious activities. You guys probably think I'm kidding but I'm not. If that makes me a bigot well fuck it

I don't know if that makes you a bigot or not. I will say that when I get on a plane, I'm not keeping my eye on the 70 year old lady or 5 year old kid. If the dude in the turbine is taking too long in the shitter, I have no problem dragging him out by his ears.
Drifter on Watchlords
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by WatchDorks.Net » September 13th 2011, 1:52pm

Watch Noob wrote:If the dude in the turbine is taking too long in the shitter, I have no problem dragging him out by his ears.

Ok, I had to read this one a few times to figure out what the fuck you were saying. I kept thinking "Why the hell would someone be defacating in the engine?"

I think you meant "turban" rather than "turbine".

Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

sixer

Post by sixer » September 11th 2018, 12:36pm

In my office, the office manager came in and said that a light aircraft had accidently hit WTC, I remember thinking that it couldn't possibly be an accident.
Went to the conference room and watched it unfolding almost live.
Still can't believe someone would do that.
Cheers
Chris.

Never eat more than you can lift.
SaoGage
Senior Member & WIS

Post by SaoGage » September 11th 2018, 3:39pm

Hard to believe, but I was only 14 and in eigth grade. I remember the teachers and administrators had decided not to say anything to us kids, but school was cancelled and everyone was sent home. Because I grew up in an NYC suburb where a lot of parents worked in Manhattan, they were only letting kids off the bus if a parent was home.

I was greeted by my sobbing mother and the earth shattering news of what had occurred. Was almost tough to process at that age, I remember the surreal feeling I had the rest of the day and wondering if it meant a full scale war in my young lifetime.

Found out later at least five people from my town perished in the attacks, several children left without their mother or father. Truly an awful time in our history, as is everything that came after and all the mistakes that came as a result.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 11th 2018, 4:47pm

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgat ... ?pid=93650

One of the names on the Pentagon memorial. His father was one of the first black pilots of the A-7 Corsair, flying the early B versions. Most do not know that there are two versions of the A-7. The Navy flew the A-7 a/b/c/e versions and the Air Force flew the A-7D which has a few improvements over the older versions. The Navy decided to have a new version, the A-7e which were ordered by Dod a navy version which incorporated the Air Force D version improvements.

SLUF which stands for short little ugly fucker. On the other hand the B-52 we called BUFF, short for big ugly fat fucker or fat fellow for snowflakes who are PC.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
relaxer7

Post by relaxer7 » September 12th 2018, 5:42am

I was in my office on the phone when the guy on the other end of said "Holy Shit" and told me what was unfolding on the TV in front of him.

My Dad on the other hand (a Sea Captain) was docked on the Hudson River as his ship was offloading cargo and watched the carnage unfold through his telescope.
Rusty
Master of Time

Post by Rusty » September 12th 2018, 5:35pm

I was in my office when my secretary came to say that there was a plane crash in NYC. I rushed over to our office tv to see that it was not an accident. I started to panic since my wife was in Manhattan that morning on business. I immediately called her and she said that from the building she was in, she saw the second plane go in. She couldn't return home for several days and ended up taking the train from NYC to Rochester.

I rolled the tv into the hallway so anyone going by could watch. By noon, my college announced that it was closing until further notice. One of my sons came home for the weekend from college and the other was told that his place of employment was closing for the rest of the day. I have to admit, I was scared as to what it all meant. I think we all were.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » September 11th 2020, 11:43am

koimaster wrote:
September 11th 2018, 4:47pm
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sfgat ... ?pid=93650

One of the names on the Pentagon memorial. His father was one of the first black pilots of the A-7 Corsair, flying the early B versions. Most do not know that there are two versions of the A-7. The Navy flew the A-7 a/b/c/e versions and the Air Force flew the A-7D which has a few improvements over the older versions. The Navy decided to have a new version, the A-7e which were ordered by Dod a navy version which incorporated the Air Force D version improvements.

SLUF which stands for short little ugly fucker. On the other hand the B-52 we called BUFF, short for big ugly fat fucker or fat fellow for snowflakes who are PC.

A real aviator who really flew the SLUF.

And Carol was stuck an extra two weeks in Ireland because of the flight ban.

I was still stuck in Whistler until they opened the border again.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: 9/11-where were you on the morning

Post by biglove » September 11th 2020, 4:29pm

Nineteen years and still brings tears to my eyes. And so many have died since due to exposures to chemicals/irritants/inhalants that day.

We must never forget, our children must never forget, their children must be taught.
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » September 11th 2020, 9:34pm

biglove wrote:
September 11th 2020, 4:29pm
Nineteen years and still brings tears to my eyes. And so many have died since due to exposures to chemicals/irritants/inhalants that day.

We must never forget, our children must never forget, their children must be taught.
It makes me want to tip my hat towards John Stewart for putting a light on how so many of these guys had been abandoned in a time of healthcare need.
bobbee
Master of Time

Post by bobbee » September 12th 2020, 4:59am

Nuvolari wrote:
September 11th 2020, 9:34pm
biglove wrote:
September 11th 2020, 4:29pm

It makes me want to tip my hat towards John Stewart for putting a light on how so many of these guys had been abandoned in a time of healthcare need.
And the current government admin have been siphoning millions in funds for those first responders' healthcare.

I was fitting a new telephone line into someone's home, when the customer invited me in to see the reports on tv.
I was sickened, and still am every time I think of this tragedy.
gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » September 13th 2020, 1:28am

I had just quit the Airforce after 13 years and was in my 3rd month of a trainee program at a major German Software Company. We were sitting in a classroom, I think it was some "softskill training of a sort". One of my colleagues said, a plan had just "landed" in one of the WTC towers. I told him, planes don't "land" in skyscrapers, but these were the words he used. We went outside to the lobby and watched the second one hit. It took me quite a while to understand he simply lacked the words at that time. Fucking shit, even worse what it has helped to turn the world into, since.
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Post by Ofcmark » September 13th 2020, 6:19am

I was sitting In my squad car at a traffic light at a major intersection in town. When the radio station I was listening to started describing what was going on. At first I thought it was a joke but as I listen more I realize it was legit. I drove to the station where in the conference room the chief and records, and city hall members were watching it unfold on TV. The chief looked at me and said “Kid the world is about to change” He told me go and check the schools and daycare centers, then make myself highly visible to try to make people feel safe as I could. I saw people crying in the cars and gripped with real fear. I had no answers for them, but did my best to comfort them.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”