What to do with an non working watch

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

What to do with an non working watch

Post by Ofcmark » September 18th 2022, 7:30am

Greetings fellow lords

About 10 years ago my family and I went to Alaska and I forgot my watch at home. So I picked up an Quartz Invicta just to have something on my wrist and actually other than having to change the battery a couple times it’s been problem free. So the other day went to set the time / date And found that the hands would not move but was stranger the date would still change. I had taken my father-in-law‘s friends watch to have it serviced so, I took the Invicta with me when I went to pick it up and told The service guy what it happened he thought it was odd that the hands wouldn’t move but the date still would but he also told me because it was an Invicta he wouldn’t touch it. I don’t remember what I paid for the watch but I know it was under 100 bucks. So probably sending it to be repaired would not be worth it which leads me to my question what does everybody do with a watch that they can’t repair do you simply just throw it out or maybe does somebody have any idea I could try to get it working. I know other watches are worth something for the parts but I don’t think Invicta falls in that category
Ofcmark
Watchlord WIS

Re: What to do with an non working watch

Post by Ofcmark » September 18th 2022, 7:20pm

The guy at the repair shop did say that maybe when they change the battery they did something to move the hands too close to the Crystal and maybe that’s why it’s sticking but I haven’t got a clue on how to get it apart to even try , I just feel weird throwing a watch in the garbage

I did an eBay search and found the one for those that are interested to see what the watch looks like
The eBay # 185577560194
smellody (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: What to do with an non working watch

Post by smellody » September 19th 2022, 8:12pm

Ofcmark wrote:
September 18th 2022, 7:20pm
The guy at the repair shop did say that maybe when they change the battery they did something to move the hands too close to the Crystal and maybe that’s why it’s sticking but I haven’t got a clue on how to get it apart to even try , I just feel weird throwing a watch in the garbage

I did an eBay search and found the one for those that are interested to see what the watch looks like
The eBay # 185577560194
If you really like the watch, at $50 buy the replacement.

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”