October 13th, 1307 - a Friday

From movies to your mother-in-law, put it here and try not to hurt each other
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

October 13th, 1307 - a Friday

Post by Falstaff » October 13th 2021, 9:30am

On Friday, October 13th, 1307, King Philip IV of France with the sanction of pope Clement V in Avignon declared the Knights Templar heretics and outlawed. Hundred of Templars were arrested including the Grand Master Jacques DeMolay. The arrest warrant declared - "Dieu n'est pas content. Nous avons des enemis de la foi dans le Royaume!" ("God is not pleased. We have enemies of the Faith within the Kingdom!") Under intense torture the Templars were made to confess to (among other charges) spitting on the cross, homosexual practices, worshipping an idol called Baphomet and the head of John the Baptist. Nearly all were condemned to death. Since the Templars wielded enormous power and influence throughout Europe, news of their fall reverberated throughout the continent. Thereafter Friday the 13th became known as a day of particularly ill omen.

Interestingly, when Grandmaster DeMolay was executed (burned at the stake) on March 11, 1314, he placed a curse on both king and pope saying that within a year and a day they would answer for their crimes in God's presence. Philip and Clement both died within the year. When, centuries later, king Louis 16th was executed by guillotine on January 21st, 1793 during the French Revolution, as Louis' head tumbled into the basket, a shout was heard from the crowd - "Jacques DeMolay, thou art Avenged!"
"Open the pod bay door HAL."
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
koimaster
Founder

Re: October 13th, 1307 - a Friday

Post by koimaster » October 13th 2021, 3:43pm

Meet the Americans Following in the Footsteps of the Knights Templar

Disbanded 700 years ago, the most famous of the medieval Christian orders is undergoing a 21st century revival

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/ ... 180969344/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: October 13th, 1307 - a Friday

Post by Falstaff » October 14th 2021, 8:50am

conjurer wrote:
October 13th 2021, 10:37pm
Baphomet makes my dick hard.
I'm not surprised, he is an attractive fellow...

https://bloximages.newyork1.vip.townnew ... 1200%2C800

...although as to your near-constant priapism, I am reminded of the proclivities of a former avatar of yours - Frank Booth - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N755jvOUCNI

I suppose you'd have to describe Ben as an "enabler".
Last edited by Falstaff on October 14th 2021, 8:58am, edited 1 time in total.
"Open the pod bay door HAL."
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."

Return to “Anything and Everything Else”