ShopNBC caller has 450 Invicta's

ShopNBC caller has 450 Invicta's

Post by Guest » November 7th 2010, 9:12am

Caller Darlene from Arizona
Husband (Jerry) has 450 Invicta Watches.
Last edited by Guest on November 7th 2010, 10:16am, edited 1 time in total.
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: ShopNBC caller has 450 Invicta's

Post by Horse Feathers » November 7th 2010, 10:14am

Can absolutely believe it. Sounds like he has an enabling wife, buys probably two watches a week on average (more so when they have "specials" which is usually once a week- LOL). In four years he's there.

Now, the magic questions. Does he ever step back and think that he could spend the same money or less and get a Hamilton or equivalent once a month or an Oris every 2-3 months maybe. He has been convinced that his watches are of equal quality, just better value and likes getting and showing off his new toys each week. So his collection will grow because he cant sell watches that he no longer wears (little or no interest or value).

The question I would ask is, how many of that 450 have you worn in the last 3 months and if you had to pick 2-3 watches that represent why you love collecting what would you choose. The answer to those questions I think differentiates a compulsive shopper (with a niche compulsion) versus a collector.

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 7th 2010, 10:57am

You know....

If the caller has 450 IWG products, God bless him. It's a short life, and if collecting stuff like that floats his boat, let him have his fun. A hobby is a hobby.

And if someone like me walks by him and snickers at his watch, that's the cross he has to bear.

In all seriousness, we all can question the caller's husband's wisdom, it's a no-brainer - but on such a lovely Sunday, I guess I'm just not in the mood to rank out on any American citizen who lives a life of peace.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » November 7th 2010, 12:26pm

TemerityB wrote:You know....

If the caller has 450 IWG products, God bless him. It's a short life, and if collecting stuff like that floats his boat, let him have his fun. A hobby is a hobby.

And if someone like me walks by him and snickers at his watch, that's the cross he has to bear.

In all seriousness, we all can question the caller's husband's wisdom, it's a no-brainer - but on such a lovely Sunday, I guess I'm just not in the mood to rank out on any American citizen who lives a life of peace.

Temerity... is that really you? :D
Ditchdoc

Post by Ditchdoc » November 7th 2010, 2:14pm

450 Invictas? Wow!! If he were to want to sell them he would have 10's of dollars.

Just think of the really solid, nice watches he could have bought.

Post by Guest » November 7th 2010, 2:28pm

Damn, that's 450 daily reminders of how much of a jack ass he is.

I can hear them at the dinner table, "Hon doesn't this watch look better then the other" "Wife" Shut the fuck up and pass the salt for my Top Romen, I wouldn't be eating this shit if wasn't for that wrist crap your wearing".
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » November 7th 2010, 9:03pm

David Z-

jimbo, well just picked up two of the sub dragon specialty's silvertone and combat !! gonna pick up few more watches renato moonphase,ocean ghost iii,gold ocean reef !! this will make it 203 watches buddy..IM CATCH'IN YA !!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Jim Skelton Love it!!

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
JtN©
Senior Member & WIS

Post by JtN© » November 8th 2010, 2:57am

You forget that this is the typical ShopNBC type of customer. They have found what they perceive to be a fantastic deal because they are told that by the hosts at ShopNBC. They feel a connection, a bond, a form of trust because the people on the hosts and guests on the television at ShopNBC are so nice and trustworthy that whatever they say they must believe. They are the exact customer base that the infomercial and home shopping network thrives upon.

I truly feel sorry for not only her but for her husband. She has a mental illness and either because he suffers himself or he is to blind not to see her illness he goes along with it all. Getting threw on the phone to speak to Eyal will be the highlight of the month or the year for them both.

I hope they enjoy the 450 watches, they need something in there life to grasp upon since they lack a true connection to reality in there diminished mental condition.

Post by Guest » November 8th 2010, 3:41am

Another dope called in during TT's time with Eyal. Said he bought all dial colors of the Dragon mop. Said when they arrive he will have 203 Invictas and that he had only been collecting a year. Said his buddy got him in to it and that his buddy had around 1000 watches altogether.

I would rather have
Sinn-U1
Omega Planet Ocean
Breitling Super Avenger or Chrono Superocean
Chopard Mille Miglia
Panarai Submersible

than 1000 $300 crap tv watches.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » April 16th 2019, 8:30am

eddiea wrote:
TemerityB wrote:You know....

Temerity... is that really you? :D

I'd missed that the first time through. A most excellent bump.
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee

Return to “Invicta”