They're Just Rubbing Our Noses In It Now

Watches marketed & sold by Invicta Watch Group
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

They're Just Rubbing Our Noses In It Now

Post by TemerityB » December 5th 2021, 7:43pm

This is not a rib. On TV tonight and the Slop website:

Invicta Reserve Men's 60mm Gladiator Spartacus Swiss Quartz 1.63ctw Diamond Watch

$ 687.20
+ S&H: $14.99
or 6 ValuePay® of $114.53

Watch Details
Movement Type: Ronda Z60 Quartz Chronograph
Movement Country of Origin: Switzerland
Case Size: 60mm.
Case Thickness: 19mm.
Case Material: Stainless Steel
Bezel Type: Uni-directional
Crystal Type: Flame Fusion
Dial Material Metal
Pave
Crown Type: Screw Down
Band Type: Bracelet
Band Material: Stainless Steel
Band Length: 8.25in.
Band Width: 36mm.
Band Clasp: Foldover
Water Resistant: 20atm - 200m - 660ft
Country of Origin: China

Powerful in functionality and style, the Invicta Reserve Gladiator Spartacus is an invaluable partner for the battles ahead! Arm your wrist with a sturdy stainless steel bracelet lined with chain links that flow up and around the bezel. While your enemies are blinded by the radiant diamond pave dial, a trio of subdials and a date window, all powered by a Swiss quartz movement, give you the perfect opportunity to strike! With this Invicta at your side, victory is assured!
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Re: They're Just Rubbing Our Noses In It Now

Post by jason_recliner » December 6th 2021, 12:46am

Haha! Love the mockery!

Controversial, but I'm glad there are people who think this is a good thing to put on one's wrist.
Last edited by jason_recliner on December 6th 2021, 7:39am, edited 1 time in total.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » December 6th 2021, 8:48am

DocKlock wrote:
December 6th 2021, 8:01am
I don't know how the people hawking this monstrosity could keep a straight face.
With a 2.4" case size and a 1.4" wide band AND proudly made in Communist China this has to be "the gotta have wartch" of the year.
There’s a black one for nearly three thousand dollars. Made in China, quartz movement. The only way it could be better is if they replaced the rope with razor wire so you could commit seppuko when the buyer’s remorse hits.
On a serious note, I find it inspiring that they no longer say Swiss Made and that they openly admit they’re Made In China. I do not believe that would have happened without this forum.
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 6th 2021, 9:04am

DoctorIvey wrote:
December 6th 2021, 8:48am
DocKlock wrote:
December 6th 2021, 8:01am
I don't know how the people hawking this monstrosity could keep a straight face.
With a 2.4" case size and a 1.4" wide band AND proudly made in Communist China this has to be "the gotta have wartch" of the year.
There’s a black one for nearly three thousand dollars. Made in China, quartz movement. The only way it could be better is if they replaced the rope with razor wire so you could commit seppuko when the buyer’s remorse hits.
On a serious note, I find it inspiring that they no longer say Swiss Made and that they openly admit they’re Made In China. I do not believe that would have happened without this forum.
True

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » December 6th 2021, 3:53pm

^^^^ True that.

No question about it. This joint did more to warn consumers about scams, schemes, and ripoffs - not to mention the callous cretins behind them - than every other form of watch media combined. While watch magazines and other forums oohed and ahhed at stuff, we were in the trenches, calling out TV hucksters, crappy products, and even some sordid stuff the "bigger" brands were up to. No to mention companies that claimed Swiss heritage that had no basis to.

Just dig into the archives. It's amazing what this place accomplished. Not that anyone thanks us for it, but the very watch consumers we ried to help and inform were too fucking dim to realize what we were up to was in their own best interests, so fuck 'em in the ear.
"Funny how things that start spontaneously end that way. Eat a peach." - Neil Young

Return to “Invicta”