And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Watches marketed & sold by Invicta Watch Group
Post Reply
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15127
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by biglove » January 28th 2021, 7:47pm

That's fucking magnificent. I think I'll buy two, one to wear and one to keep in the safe.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17910
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by TemerityB » January 28th 2021, 8:20pm

JAS1125 wrote:
January 28th 2021, 7:54pm
biglove wrote:
January 28th 2021, 7:47pm
That's fucking magnificent. I think I'll buy two, one to wear and one to keep in the safe.
Post it in the Budget group on Facebook and start another shit-show :mrgreen:
But it's Invicta - everyone know you need to buy three in case two crap out.

I love documented facts.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15127
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by biglove » January 28th 2021, 9:48pm

Another Aragon ad thread on FB. The fanbois come out to whine about a new 42mm release being small and bragging on their hoard.

Evidently FB thinks I am going to buy from Wing. At least I am not getting Inshita adds.


C0BCF5D5-E8CF-49FB-ACAC-FFE0B5C63699.jpeg
A5AC2E8D-29EC-464D-ABF9-C46ECEA951B3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by biglove on February 8th 2021, 6:33pm, edited 1 time in total.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15127
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by biglove » February 7th 2021, 3:41pm

Aragon banned me from commenting on their FB posts. 😂
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17910
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by TemerityB » February 7th 2021, 3:44pm

JAS1125 wrote:
February 7th 2021, 3:26pm
One more, aptly named

https://invictastores.com/invicta-reser ... odel-32102
They are still doing that MRSP bullshit, aren't they.

Image

It's one thing for a segment of this hobby to be duped, it's another to pull this kind of nonsense for 14 years. And I'd wager that even at $209, it's 75 percent overpriced.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1581
Joined: July 11th 2019, 2:51pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by bbattle » February 7th 2021, 3:47pm

JAS1125 wrote:
February 7th 2021, 3:26pm
One more, aptly named

https://invictastores.com/invicta-reser ... odel-32102

Did somebody throw up on that watch? Who the hell is going to pay $209 for that?

Gross!!!

Looks like something maintenance would scrape from underneath the bleacher seats in the high school gym.
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 8456
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by jason_recliner » February 7th 2021, 4:38pm

The exceptional taste and distinguished palette of the connoisseur will discover timeless pleasure within the Invicta Reserve collection. Specially developed for those in the know, Reserve is a reinvention of the superb to create the ultimate in horological finery. These timepieces represent a pinnacle in superiority for the discerning aficionado.

Yeah. Nah.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8566
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by Mark1 » February 7th 2021, 8:51pm

jason_recliner wrote:
February 7th 2021, 4:38pm
The exceptional taste and distinguished palette of the connoisseur will discover timeless pleasure within the Invicta Reserve collection. Specially developed for those in the know, Reserve is a reinvention of the superb to create the ultimate in horological finery. These timepieces represent a pinnacle in superiority for the discerning aficionado.

Yeah. Nah.
I'm almost certain that the copywriter of the above fluff piece, really meant to say palate in the first sentence. I'll leave it at that, correcting the rest would require a whole lot of typing. Different words can sound similar but mean something else entirely. Never confuse your neurologist with a urologist, they're working a different game.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17910
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by TemerityB » February 8th 2021, 2:22pm

So inspired am I after reading biglove’s screen caps, here is the first song I’ve written in quite some time: “The Ballad of Aragon.” Think of it as a blues honorarium to quite the unique individual. Sort of like a cross between Willie Dixon and Peter Paul and Mary's "Where Have All The Flowers Gone."

The Ballad Of Aragon

Here comes that weird guy again
He ain’t that much to lose
In fact, I think these days he takes the bus
Gotta pay for 35 Parma 2s

Chorus:
270 prized possessions
He thinks that he’s the cock of the walk
Here comes Henry the hoarder
You should hear all his ex co-workers talk

Sixteen M50s, he said he has
Value Payments set the pace
He don’t have a set of wheels
Except for a honking big dive case

Chorus:
270 strange watches
Not one with real-world value it seems
Here comes Henry, addicted
To those Parmas and those Gauges that gleam

He saw the man on his TV
All he talks about is some “Master Wing”
Caprice Pilots and Super Jets
Concept S and Antigravity
Henry had a woman some time ago
She left him when it got to be too much
He said, “Outta here woman, I’m busy”
Now he shows off his Enforcers at lunch

Chorus
270 cheap watches
Henry, can you give it a rest
Here comes Howard the addicted
I think he likes “Divemasters” the best

I heard he’s been kicked from his little flat
He missed too many rent days, it seems
But even though he lives with his mother now
He’s fine, he's got 50 Hercules
He lost his job now because of some wrist thing
Carpal tunnel it seems
He’s fine with the wrist splits and braces
Helps to keep the 65mms up, see?

Chorus:
270 … what the fuck
Holy shit, now he’s ordered some more
Here comes Henry the cheap watch guy
You can’t make value payments at the store

Yeah, 270 huge watches
Henry, can you give it a rest
Here comes Henry the addicted
I think he likes “Divemasters” the best
I know he likes “Divemasters” the best
Cripes, Henry, can you give it a rest
Henry's heading for the coocoo’s nest
Henry, Aragon’s not nearly the best
Henry, no, you haven’t been “blessed”
Henry, you need counseling and rest…

(fade)


The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 15127
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Louisiana
Contact:

Re: And some wonder why Invicta is not taken seriously

Post by biglove » February 8th 2021, 6:35pm

TemerityB wrote:
February 8th 2021, 2:22pm
So inspired am I after reading biglove’s screen caps, here is the first song I’ve written in quite some time: “The Ballad of Aragon.” Think of it as a blues honorarium to quite the unique individual. Sort of like a cross between Willie Dixon and Peter Paul and Mary's "Where Have All The Flowers Gone."

The Ballad Of Aragon

Here comes that weird guy again
He ain’t that much to lose
In fact, I think these days he takes the bus
Gotta pay for 35 Parma 2s

Chorus:
270 prized possessions
He thinks that he’s the cock of the walk
Here comes Henry the hoarder
You should hear all his ex co-workers talk

Sixteen M50s, he said he has
Value Payments set the pace
He don’t have a set of wheels
Except for a honking big dive case

Chorus:
270 strange watches
Not one with real-world value it seems
Here comes Henry, addicted
To those Parmas and those Gauges that gleam

He saw the man on his TV
All he talks about is some “Master Wing”
Caprice Pilots and Super Jets
Concept S and Antigravity
Henry had a woman some time ago
She left him when it got to be too much
He said, “Outta here woman, I’m busy”
Now he shows off his Enforcers at lunch

Chorus
270 cheap watches
Henry, can you give it a rest
Here comes Howard the addicted
I think he likes “Divemasters” the best

I heard he’s been kicked from his little flat
He missed too many rent days, it seems
But even though he lives with his mother now
He’s fine, he's got 50 Hercules
He lost his job now because of some wrist thing
Carpal tunnel it seems
He’s fine with the wrist splits and braces
Helps to keep the 65mms up, see?

Chorus:
270 … what the fuck
Holy shit, now he’s ordered some more
Here comes Henry the cheap watch guy
You can’t make value payments at the store

Yeah, 270 huge watches
Henry, can you give it a rest
Here comes Henry the addicted
I think he likes “Divemasters” the best
I know he likes “Divemasters” the best
Cripes, Henry, can you give it a rest
Henry's heading for the coocoo’s nest
Henry, Aragon’s not nearly the best
Henry, no, you haven’t been “blessed”
Henry, you need counseling and rest…

(fade)


Bravo, Sir. Bravo!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest