Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post Reply
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16905
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by TemerityB » July 7th 2020, 2:39pm

This is all true:

A while back, Invicter - you've heard of 'em, they sell Captain America watches at TJ Maxx - started a new program called its "Invincible Guarantee." Well, it's not really a guarantee (given their track record, fans are lucky when the shiny metal-like things don't disintegrate upon lifting them out of their piss-yellow boxes), it's this: From what I can gather, if you buy a shiny, new, say, Popeye Pro Diver (hey, look, a guy pretending to be a sky king!) and anytime within 5 years you can trade the watch back to them and receive a watch of the same value, or trade up for a more expensive one. You're apparently doing this straight through IWG, whichmean I bet you're trading up to full MSRP ... but hey, heirlooms are heirlooms, right?

Here's the scoop:
https://invincibleguarantee.com/#/

One thing I noticed: There's a video that "explains" the process on the website, and guess who's the narrator?

You guessed it: Wiley Lowe. No kidding. Nothing like a watch expert non-expert to describe a non-guarantee. Just click the link on the webpage.

And remember - the guarantee is extra - here's how much extra:

Image
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31783
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by conjurer » July 7th 2020, 3:06pm

So, for a fee, when the hands on your Invicter fall off, you can trade it in on another Invicter, whose hands are going to fall off??

Right about now Daniel Mink is slapping himself in the middle of his forehead.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
DocKlock
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 534
Joined: December 25th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: CNY
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by DocKlock » July 8th 2020, 5:32am

So for a wartch selling for $50 - $149.99; that actually costs $6, I would pay $38 (only good for 5 years) to trade in my piece of crap for another piece of crap worth $6 OR use it as a trade up for one that actually costs $8.
I guess some Cheeto-stained, t-shirt wearing, knuckle dragger, mouth breather that has at least 50 Invicter wartches would deem that a fantastic value.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16905
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by TemerityB » July 8th 2020, 11:06am

3Flushes wrote:
July 8th 2020, 10:41am
Watches for thinkers.
Yeah, you guys see all this for what it is. And to add Wiley Lowe's dulcet tone to the sales pitch only brings home this "deal" for exactly the South Florida con is all truly appears to be.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Scorpion 1031
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: July 6th 2020, 11:38am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by Scorpion 1031 » July 8th 2020, 12:04pm

Interesting, I realize the dislike (hate) for Invicta here. Nevertheless, other than watches way more expensive, who guarantees their watches over a one or two year time frame? Rolex gives a 5 year warranty but it doesn't include normal wear and tear among other things. Plus, look how much you're spending.

Timex only gives a year. So if you spent $500 or up on a Invicta watch, I don't know who would do such a thing. However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. If these watches are such pieces of crap as many say. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.

Furthermore, with these so-called premium watch warranties you better read the fine print because everything isn't covered. Here is a list of WIS favorites and their warranty length. Remember, read what's covered and not.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/pages/warranty-policy
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41421
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by koimaster » July 8th 2020, 12:14pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:04pm
Interesting, I realize the dislike (hate) for Invicta here. Nevertheless, other than watches way more expensive, who guarantees their watches over a one or two year time frame? Rolex gives a 5 year warranty but it doesn't include normal wear and tear among other things. Plus, look how much you're spending.

Timex only gives a year. So if you spent $500 or up on a Invicta watch, I don't know who would do such a thing. However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. If these watches are such pieces of crap as many say. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.

Furthermore, with these so-called premium watch warranties you better read the fine print because everything isn't covered. Here is a list of WIS favorites and their warranty length. Remember, read what's covered and not.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/pages/warranty-policy
You do realize that many here have invicta watches right? Invicta is disliked because of their continued lies and deceptions. A invicta friendly forum had one of their ardent invicta fans open a watch up which was supposed to have a Valjoux 7750 only to be surprised that it was an SW500, not the same movement despite the lies told by the ownership of Invicta watch group (which is a marketing company). The original Invicta watch company is in no way related to the current rendition. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=4344

If you like the watches you purchase then enjoy them. Not everyone agrees with certain brands. The folks here will troll you as long as you keep pushing any brand too hard. We have a long time member here who is in the diplomatic corp who wears nothing but Invicta. No one cares unless of course it is a 63mm saucer plate. :mrgreen:
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16905
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by TemerityB » July 8th 2020, 12:50pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:04pm
Interesting, I realize the dislike (hate) for Invicta here. Nevertheless, other than watches way more expensive, who guarantees their watches over a one or two year time frame? Rolex gives a 5 year warranty but it doesn't include normal wear and tear among other things. Plus, look how much you're spending.

Timex only gives a year. So if you spent $500 or up on a Invicta watch, I don't know who would do such a thing. However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. If these watches are such pieces of crap as many say. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.

Furthermore, with these so-called premium watch warranties you better read the fine print because everything isn't covered. Here is a list of WIS favorites and their warranty length. Remember, read what's covered and not.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/pages/warranty-policy
Scorp, what koi has listed here is just the fingernail of the retail malfeasance that Invicta has been proven guilty of during the past decade or so. Cripes, here's what I can think of right off the top of my head:

- Watches with "Grade A Mother Of Pearl" (there's no such thing) that weren't MOP
- Watches sold on ShopNBC hyped as "diamonds! diamonds! diamonds!" that turned out to be crystals
- Watches heavily hyped on TV as having Dubois-Depraz chrono modules crapped out by the score; TV shills on another forum claim it was DD's fault. DD, in fact, had never heard of Invicta; whoppers and tall tales ensued - more than a few watch buyers were left with unworking $1,000 hunks of junk
- Sold watches with MOP that on TV were claimed to have been harvested in some magical lake in China
- Sold watches with meteor dials claiming to be the only brand other than Rolex that did it, when it reality they were as common as Timex, sold by at least three dozen brands
- Sold watches on TV claiming to be packed with Valoux 7750 chronos - but were packed with Sellita SW500s - nice movement, but not what they were paying for, not in the least
- And on and on. Yet, here's the biggest thing about IWG, at least to me:

- Sold SCORES of watches that Invicta simply could not fix, would not fix, or took forever to be returned to customers - many times with flaws that weren't on the watches before they were shipped by the duped, ripped-off consumers. Particularlly galling are their integrated rubber straps, which tear even when not being worn and either can't be replaced or cost more than the actual watches do when they are ordered.

I realize that Invicta makes some Pro Divers (which I still think are cased by Seiko to begin with) that actually run and aren't sized like hubcaps for Mack Trucks, which is fine. I still have a couple of 'em collecting dust in my sock drawer (wanna buy 'em?). That factor doesn't make up or the fact that most of their product line, IMHO, looks like they are designed either for gorillas or wrestling fans - these are the most tasteless, garish watches on this mortal coil.

I'll give you the benfit of the doubt that you might not have known of Invicta's truly seedy CS and QC past. However, if you come to these parts expect standing ovations for your SAN III, you moseyed into the wrong saloon, pardner. I'll take it a step further: I think Invicta is a borderline criminal enterprise and the worst thing to ever happen to the watch hobby - I think of the people who bought their shit, got ripped off, and then either never bought another watch or switched to an iWatch. Proof's in the pudding: Invicta actually manufactures NOTHING - all their watches are farmed out to be assembled by other companies. They are to watches what the 1960s TV Popeye cartoons are to the Max Fleisher classics: They're just commerce, man.

Heck, go to Amazon, read the reviews from person after person who ordered what they thought was prime steak and ended up with Boca Burgers. There's no excuse for Invicta. None. Ask any of us here, we'll be happy to recant ripoff after lie after false claim after goofy clown watch.

One last thing: The subject at hand here is Invicta; it doesn't matter what other companies do. Nice attempt at a deflection. I just dropped some coin on an actual, new Rolex, but I'm pretty damn sure it won't disintegrate as it sits in its watch box.
Last edited by TemerityB on July 11th 2020, 12:05pm, edited 2 times in total.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Scorpion 1031
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: July 6th 2020, 11:38am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by Scorpion 1031 » July 8th 2020, 12:57pm

TemerityB wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:50pm
Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:04pm
Interesting, I realize the dislike (hate) for Invicta here. Nevertheless, other than watches way more expensive, who guarantees their watches over a one or two year time frame? Rolex gives a 5 year warranty but it doesn't include normal wear and tear among other things. Plus, look how much you're spending.

Timex only gives a year. So if you spent $500 or up on a Invicta watch, I don't know who would do such a thing. However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. If these watches are such pieces of crap as many say. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.

Furthermore, with these so-called premium watch warranties you better read the fine print because everything isn't covered. Here is a list of WIS favorites and their warranty length. Remember, read what's covered and not.

https://www.gnomonwatches.com/pages/warranty-policy
Scorp, what koi has listed here is just the fingernail of the retail malfeasance that Invicta has been proven guilty of during the past decade or so. Cripes, here's what I can think of right off the top of my head:

- Watches with "Grade A Mother Of Pearl" (there's no such thing) that weren't MOP
- Watches sold on ShopNBC hyped as "diamonds! diamonds! diamonds!" that turned out to be crystals
- Watches heavily hyped on TV as having Dubois-Depraz chrono modules crapped out by the score; TV shills on another forum claim it was DD's fault. DD, in fact, had never heard of Invicta; whoppers and tall tales ensued - more than a few watch buyers were left with unworking $1,000 hunks of junk
- Sold watches with MOP that on TV were claimed to have been harvested in some magical lake in China
- Sold watches with meteor dials claiming to be the only brand other than Rolex that did it, when it reality they were as common as Timex, sold by at least three dozen brands
- Sold watches on TV claiming to be packed with Valoux 7750 chronos - but were packed with Sellita SW500s - nice movement, but not what they were paying for, not in the least
- And on and on. Yet, here's the biggest thing about IWG, at least to me:

- Sold SCORES of watches that Invicta simply could not fix, would not fix, or took forever to be returns to customers - many times with flaws that weren't on the watches before they were shipped by the duped, ripped-off consumers. Particularlly galling are their integrated rubber straps, which tear even when not being worn and either can't be replaced or cost more than the actual watches do when they are ordered.

I realize that Invicta makes some Pro Divers (which I still think are cased by Seiko to begin with) that actually run and aren't sized like hubcaps for Mack Trucks, which is fine. I still have a couple of 'em collecting dust in my sock drawer (wanna buy 'em?). That factor doesn't make up or the fact that most of their product line, IMHO, looks like they designed either for gorillas or wrestling fans - these are the most tasteless, garish watches on this mortal coil.

I'll give you the benfit of the doubt that you might not have known of Invicta's truly seedy CS and QC past. However, if you come to these parts expect standing ovations for your SAN III, you moseyed into the wrong saloon, pardner. I'll take it a step further: I think Invicta is a borderline criminal enterprise and the worst thing to ever happen to the watch hobby - I think of the people who bought their shit, got ripped off, and then either never bought another watch or switched to an iWatch.

Heck, go to Amazon, read the reviews from person after person who ordered what they thought was steak and ended up with Boca Burgers. There's no excuse for Invicta. None. Ask any of us here, we'll be happy to recant ripoff after lie after false claim after goofy clown watch.
Again, I'm not suggesting you're wrong. Just that if you bought said watch and found those problems. Plus, didn't have a warranty when things went wrong. Well you know what the sentiment would be! I was adding my two cents that the warranty is probably a good idea.

Especially, with the problems you guys are mentioning.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16905
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by TemerityB » July 8th 2020, 1:02pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:57pm
Again, I'm not suggesting you're wrong. Just that if you bought said watch and found those problems. Plus, didn't have a warranty when things went wrong. Well you know what the sentiment would be! I was adding my two cents that the warranty is probably a good idea.

Especially, with the problems you guys are mentioning.
Well, first off, no watch company warranties straps, crystals, wear and tear, etc, so that argument is moot. It's the watch itself in most cases.

Secondly - did you see the prices of those warranties that aren't really warranties? That's being a sucker right there. Nothing like running back and forth to the Post Office four times. And you will if you drink from this well too often. Hey - each to their own. All we can do is present stone cold facts; if you chose to ignore 'em, well, enjoy your watches that have no actual real world value. As koi, said, it's everyone's choice.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Scorpion 1031
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: July 6th 2020, 11:38am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by Scorpion 1031 » July 8th 2020, 2:38pm

I appreciate the information! True, it's everyone's choice. I've never purchased a warranty for any of mine.
Besides, I don't buy Invicta's over $200 so maybe that's why I haven't ran into the problems. All mine have a NH35A so it's easy enough to fix or change the movement if need be.

Again, I just think if they're going to replace or repair the watch it may beneficial to buy the "warranty". The price is subjective IMO, if you know you're hard on watches why not. If you feel the watch is crap from the beginning, why even bother purchasing it. JMHO and we all know what opinions are like.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 8383
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by 3Flushes » July 8th 2020, 2:47pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 2:38pm
I appreciate the information! True, it's everyone's choice. I've never purchased a warranty for any of mine.
Besides, I don't buy Invicta's over $200 so maybe that's why I haven't ran into the problems. All mine have a NH35A so it's easy enough to fix or change the movement if need be.

Again, I just think if they're going to replace or repair the watch it may beneficial to buy the "warranty". The price is subjective IMO, if you know you're hard on watches why not. If you feel the watch is crap from the beginning, why even bother purchasing it. JMHO and we all know what opinions are like.
:slap:
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
User avatar
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 2258
Joined: August 7th 2014, 5:53pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by Nuvolari » July 8th 2020, 3:11pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:04pm
However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. If these watches are such pieces of crap as many say. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.

Furthermore, with these so-called premium watch warranties you better read the fine print because everything isn't covered.
You’re missing the fundamental point: educated consumers understand there is ZERO chance of Invicta honoring ANY kind of warranty claim.

I’ve never heard of hands falling off a Rolex - or even a Seiko for that matter. Invicta? Yeah, shit happens... but the real atrocity is how they jack around the consumer before dumping their QC issue back onto their gullible laps.

Seiko? As a manufacturer has no credibility issues. Rolex is obviously one of several gold standards. They don’t offer such a ridiculous option - because they stand behind their product. Invicta does not. They make watches of varying quality. They are not all garbage but with them, more than any other, it is a coin toss... see what shows up. If you have a problem? Take it to your damn watch maker for repairs... Send it to Invicta and you will more keenly understand why Frank Zappa wrote a song about the death of service culture...
Last edited by Nuvolari on July 8th 2020, 3:19pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Image
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41421
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by koimaster » July 8th 2020, 3:11pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 2:55pm
biglove wrote:
July 8th 2020, 2:50pm
Excellent summation, T-B.

As far as this scorpio assclown, just a little troll running about. Not worth our time.
So I'm a troll because I have my own opinion? Talk about hyperbole! What an idiotic statement.
No, everyone is entitled to their opinion here. Some may not agree with it but stick to your guns. Many members here came from the now dead forum called watchgeeks aka shill city. Many of those same members owned invictas and other tv watches (sold via informercial). They are giving you a hard time. You can put them on ignore if you choose or respond (the trolling of you will continue) or just ignore them in general. The only person on this forum who cannot ignore people is me.

Image
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 7286
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by codguy » July 8th 2020, 3:41pm

Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:04pm
So if you spent $500 or up on a Invicta watch, I don't know who would do such a thing. However it would behoove one to purchase the extra warranty IMHO. At least you can get your $500 dollar piece of crap repaired, fixed or replaced.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
TemerityB wrote:
July 8th 2020, 12:50pm
That factor doesn't make up or the fact that most of their product line, IMHO, looks like they are designed either for gorillas or wrestling fans
You forgot Monster Truck racing............. just wanted to point that out
.


Image
Scorpion 1031
Member
Posts: 30
Joined: July 6th 2020, 11:38am
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Trade Gastroenteritis For Dysentery!

Post by Scorpion 1031 » July 9th 2020, 12:44am

koimaster wrote:
July 8th 2020, 3:11pm
Scorpion 1031 wrote:
July 8th 2020, 2:55pm
biglove wrote:
July 8th 2020, 2:50pm
Excellent summation, T-B.

As far as this scorpio assclown, just a little troll running about. Not worth our time.
So I'm a troll because I have my own opinion? Talk about hyperbole! What an idiotic statement.
No, everyone is entitled to their opinion here. Some may not agree with it but stick to your guns. Many members here came from the now dead forum called watchgeeks aka shill city. Many of those same members owned invictas and other tv watches (sold via informercial). They are giving you a hard time. You can put them on ignore if you choose or respond (the trolling of you will continue) or just ignore them in general. The only person on this forum who cannot ignore people is me.

Image
Oh, I get it. Plus I'm the new guy. Trust me I'm not taking it personal and I dish it as well as I can take it.
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest