INVICTA - STILL A HOOT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

boscoe
ASSHAT

INVICTA - STILL A HOOT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Post by boscoe » January 24th 2020, 10:46am

Every once in a while I stop at the shopping channel hawking Cheese as I'm flipping through the dials. I don't stay long, just enough to laugh.

This morning I visited the corporate web site and found this:

Invicta Pro Diver Mens Swiss Made Quartz 44mm Gold Case Green Dial - Model 25812 (25812)
$179.00 now $38.00

Still running the same con. Makes me grin. They meet the Swiss Made designation by the movement:

A watch movement is considered Swiss if: the movement has been assembled in Switzerland and, the movement has been inspected by the manufacturer in Switzerland and; the components of Swiss manufacture account for at least 50 percent of the total value, without taking into account the cost of assembly.

Rest of watch must be Asian since it's only $38. Or it may be hand assembled by chimps.

To add more amusement - this "Pro Diver" is rated at only 100M, which is barely safe for a swimming pool.

However, the most shocking discovery was Shaq O'Neal has now become an Invicta shill. Guess is glory days as a movie genie are done for good.
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: INVICTA - STILL A HOOT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Post by Mark1 » January 24th 2020, 1:23pm

I happened onto an Invicter presentation recently, (probably reflects a lack of interesting programming as much as morbid curiosity.) They were selling some Bolt variant with three quartz watch movements stuffed into a 50 or 60mm case. One time only priced about $500. My first thought, after wow that's a lot of cable, is I could go to Ashford for the same money and pick any of 3 or 4 hundred automatics actually made by real Swiss watchmakers.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: INVICTA - STILL A HOOT AFTER ALL THESE YEARS

Post by TemerityB » January 24th 2020, 10:14pm

Given the crap they sell, I wouldn't call Invicter a hoot; they're more like a poot.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Invicta”