A hydro plated piece of shit

Watches marketed & sold by Invicta Watch Group
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8400
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by codguy » April 22nd 2021, 8:57pm

★★★★★1 out of 5 stars. · 22 days ago
LOOKS GREAT
I received the watch and I set the time and placed it into my watch case however two days later when I went to wear it I later noticed that the second hand was moving and the time and date was the same date That I set it on from the first day I received it. I thought maybe it was me but I waited and did it again the time did not keep but the seconds hand is moving. Being a constant customer I really would like a discount on this purchase


^ HUH ???
The dude/dudette/zem received a faulty watch, gave it five star review.......... and wants a partial refund????? What the fuck am I missing here?
.

#LETSGOBRANDON

.
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1241
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by DoctorIvey » April 22nd 2021, 9:11pm

Interesting. I always wonder when I see something like this what really happened. I remember a guy who went to high school with my sister. He was a drug dealer in my hometown, and everybody knew it. Crazy things would happen to him that would have no doubt resulted in anybody else being put in prison for years. Yet he always skated, until one day, after several decades of this, he is suddenly arrested and has his businesses and properties seized. You know that wasn't the result of forty years of slowly building a solid case.

And speaking of the inability to build a solid case, how does Invicta stay in business? (That's a rhetorical question, I know the answer.) I was in Long Beach back in 1990 when a guy got arrested and sent to prison for selling counterfeit Oakleys. It was a big deal. Yet the other day an interesting thing happened. I was told by a family member that a friend got upset because her husband bought another Rolex. He told his wife not to sweat it because it was fake. I didn't think it was because I know this guy pretty well this does not jibe with what i know about him (the fake Rolex, not the lying to his wife). Well, I had occasion to speak with him and he told me without batting an eye that he bought a fake Rolex, for well over a thousand dollars. This may come as no surprise to most of you, but I did not know you could spend a couple of thousand dollars online on a knowingly counterfeit watch.

And yet you can, and people do so every day. It strikes me as odd. You say one wrong thing online in 2021 and you'll instantly be canceled, yet some guy in mainland China can openly sell fake Swiss watches and nothing happens to him. Meanwhile, a guy in England tries to auction a genuine Chinese watch for what it is and he gets slapped down and excoriated for his lack of morals.
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 8456
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by jason_recliner » April 22nd 2021, 9:28pm

codguy wrote:
April 22nd 2021, 8:57pm
★★★★★1 out of 5 stars. · 22 days ago
LOOKS GREAT
I received the watch and I set the time and placed it into my watch case however two days later when I went to wear it I later noticed that the second hand was moving and the time and date was the same date That I set it on from the first day I received it. I thought maybe it was me but I waited and did it again the time did not keep but the seconds hand is moving. Being a constant customer I really would like a discount on this purchase


^ HUH ???
The dude/dudette/zem received a faulty watch, gave it five star review.......... and wants a partial refund????? What the fuck am I missing here?
Nah, isn't a 1 out of 5 star review?

Presumably this is one of you guys:
★★★★★1 out of 5 stars. · 2 years ago
Watch apperence
The watch was too busy for me, I wasn’t aware it had a hamburger painted on it.
I returned the watch.
:mrgreen:
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 8456
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by jason_recliner » April 22nd 2021, 9:47pm

DoctorIvey wrote:
April 22nd 2021, 9:11pm
Interesting. I always wonder when I see something like this what really happened. I remember a guy who went to high school with my sister. He was a drug dealer in my hometown, and everybody knew it. Crazy things would happen to him that would have no doubt resulted in anybody else being put in prison for years. Yet he always skated, until one day, after several decades of this, he is suddenly arrested and has his businesses and properties seized. You know that wasn't the result of forty years of slowly building a solid case.
And speaking of the inability to build a solid case, how does Invicta stay in business? (That's a rhetorical question, I know the answer.) I was in Long Beach back in 1990 when a guy got arrested and sent to prison for selling counterfeit Oakleys. It was a big deal. Yet the other day an interesting thing happened. I was told by a family member that a friend got upset because her husband bought another Rolex. He told his wife not to sweat it because it was fake. I didn't think it was because I know this guy pretty well this does not jibe with what i know about him (the fake Rolex, not the lying to his wife). Well, I had occasion to speak with him and he told me without batting an eye that he bought a fake Rolex, for well over a thousand dollars. This may come as no surprise to most of you, but I did not know you could spend a couple of thousand dollars online on a knowingly counterfeit watch. And yet you can, and people do so every day. It strikes me as odd. You say one wrong thing online in 2021 and you'll instantly be canceled, yet some guy in mainland China can openly sell fake Swiss watches and nothing happens to him. Meanwhile, a guy in England tries to auction a genuine Chinese watch for what it is and he gets slapped down and excoriated for his lack of morals.
I find a watch commemorating the government-sanctioned deaths of innocent people, and profiting off selling it, absolutely repugnant. On the other hand I don't care if somebody wants to sell a fake watch and somebody else wants to buy it, as long as the seller is honest and the buyer knows what they're getting. I don't care if Rolex (or whoever) sells less watches, and people save some cash by buying fakes. To me the Tiananmen watch is far worse in every way. But it's subjective.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 1241
Joined: May 19th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by DoctorIvey » April 23rd 2021, 6:50am

It is indeed. In today's America people find Dr. Seuss and Mark Twain, among others morally repugnant. First they literally rewrite, and then ban that which they do not approve. And while I find almost all of pop culture morally repugnant I don't insist that it is banned. For whenever tyranny invades liberty this scrubbing occurs, and it ought to (IMO) concern anyone who values freedom.

I want to draw attention to the Tienanmen Square watch. The worst thing we could do is destroy all of them and never speak of them, because that is the first thing required when pretending that it never happened.

And i get it that I'm old and the world has passed me by because I remember a time when not "everybody" stole streamed music and movies from Russia and wanted to do away with the notion of private property. I admit it: that last verse of This Land is Your Land always stuck in my craw.
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8400
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by codguy » April 23rd 2021, 10:02am

Masshole wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 9:23am
JAS1125 wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 8:59am
You guys are in a luck. It's on sale!!!!

https://invictastores.com/assortments/n ... 53mm-35161
I can’t fathom how or why anyone would wear something like this.
You didn't stick around WIT long enough it appears..........
.

#LETSGOBRANDON

.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 44630
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by koimaster » April 23rd 2021, 10:58am

I will asking Steve to inform jingles to either return the watch to Allison or pay $395 to her for the cost of the watch
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT
Posts: 8456
Joined: September 17th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by jason_recliner » April 23rd 2021, 3:08pm

JAS1125 wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 8:59am
You guys are in a luck. It's on sale!!!!

https://invictastores.com/assortments/n ... 53mm-35161
Are you sure it's the same one? I can't see the burger ☹️
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33126
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by conjurer » April 23rd 2021, 9:57pm

jason_recliner wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 3:08pm
JAS1125 wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 8:59am
You guys are in a luck. It's on sale!!!!

https://invictastores.com/assortments/n ... 53mm-35161
Are you sure it's the same one? I can't see the burger ☹️
God damn it, Toby. Don't you understand that each and ever one of these is a pièce unique? Some may have hamburgers, others--the most coveted ones--display Eyal's taint, or perineum as the French say when they're in their cups. These examples will fetch (fletch?) five figures or more, kind of like an Invicter version of a Rolex Submariner Comex, only bigger and with the hands falling off. There is said to be one which depicts Eyal's taint being licked, in an oral configuration, by Michael Davits, who is wearing an Arab Strap and a dildo jammed up his wrectum. Alas, this might be an urban legend, much like the Renatoe tourbillon, and is said to be worth, if real, $4.5 million, or $85 billion trillion AUD. Or something.
User avatar
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 9642
Joined: November 25th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by 3Flushes » April 24th 2021, 3:50pm

conjurer wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 9:57pm
jason_recliner wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 3:08pm
JAS1125 wrote:
April 23rd 2021, 8:59am
You guys are in a luck. It's on sale!!!!

https://invictastores.com/assortments/n ... 53mm-35161
Are you sure it's the same one? I can't see the burger ☹️
God damn it, Toby. Don't you understand that each and ever one of these is a pièce unique? Some may have hamburgers, others--the most coveted ones--display Eyal's taint, or perineum as the French say when they're in their cups. These examples will fetch (fletch?) five figures or more, kind of like an Invicter version of a Rolex Submariner Comex, only bigger and with the hands falling off. There is said to be one which depicts Eyal's taint being licked, in an oral configuration, by Michael Davits, who is wearing an Arab Strap and a dildo jammed up his wrectum. Alas, this might be an urban legend, much like the Renatoe tourbillon, and is said to be worth, if real, $4.5 million, or $85 billion trillion AUD. Or something.
^^^Oh cool,
I thought they just didn't even bother with the registration of that tremendous graphic on each wartch. I mean, why bother given who the target audience must be.

I can't even believe I just saw that..
^^^Copyright ©️ 2021 3flushes Media.^^^
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17910
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: A hydro plated piece of shit

Post by TemerityB » April 24th 2021, 5:57pm

But the discount! I mean, the savings! Invicter, as a company, seems almost Christ-like in their generosity. You don't see Jaeger-LeCoultre or even Hamilton take 800 smackers off an heirloom like that!

Haters!
The great Lalo will show you ... he'll show you all! He's got is own plane!!!!
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest