Pigskin League Lays Down With Pigs

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Pigskin League Lays Down With Pigs

Post by TemerityB » July 28th 2019, 7:13pm

Well, today was the "big day" in Hooterville: The NFL's official licensing agreement with Invicter is going on right now as I write this one Blovine. The NFL must be particularly proud to offer team logos atop these Chinese-made, oversized quartz atrocities.

And hey, they're cheap - you can get every team in the league at a discount!

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
nimbleboy
Senior Member & WIS

Re: Pigskin League Lays Down With Pigs

Post by nimbleboy » July 30th 2019, 10:23am

If you are a big enough fan of one or two of these teams, I can't imagine you're inclined to buy more than a couple of watches. (What are you going to do with 30 watches of teams you hate?)

But... if you're a big enough fan of Invicta...?
Is it safe?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » July 30th 2019, 10:45am

nimbleboy wrote:If you are a big enough fan of one or two of these teams, I can't imagine you're inclined to buy more than a couple of watches. (What are you going to do with 30 watches of teams you hate?)

But... if you're a big enough fan of Invicta...?

Tell me about it. As I watched "chef" Daniel Green with Invicta Lyin' present their debut of the lines at the NFL Hall Of Fame (I'm not kidding), phone callers with monotone, droning voices called in, recounting their "80 Invictas" or their 50-slot dive cases on wheels. There was no joy or pride in their voices; they could barely construct sentences, let alone figure out why they do what they do. My theory: Since the man on the TV told them to order these things, they did, and what's left of their otherwise humdrum lives is summed up by their credit card statements. It's not for us to know - we could never figure out this utter madness in the first place. In all facets of life, TV makes people make some remarkably regrettable choices, every day, and in every way.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
3Flushes (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 1st 2019, 8:26am

Having slept on this deal a little bit, I wonder if they may not be selling the shit out of these as they have effectively turned their POS wartches into a pin set.

Pin companies frequently issue commemoratives that include every team. And they sell the shit out of them. The NFL has been a licensing brothel since day one. There has long been sets of mini helmets, footballs, pennants, challenge coin / medallion Franklin Mint'ish with acrylic presentation rack kind'a deals with every team included and whatnot. Why not with wartches? Too bad we can't get hold of some numbers; I would dearly love to know if sports memorabilia collectors are as malleable a group.

If you think about it, the Lalo family fits right freakin' in with the NFL family. In fact, they deserve each other.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.

Return to “Invicta”