What Your TV Watch Says About You

TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: What Your TV Watch Says About You

Post by TemerityB » August 6th 2020, 9:59am

franklin wrote:
August 6th 2020, 7:02am
Stührling is such an obvious "German transliteration" of the English word Sterling that I'm surprised anyone at all falls for it. But, at least they don't claim to be Swiss -- "manufactured a hemisphere away" is hardly impenetrable.
And, I love their exclusivity: in the last eighteen years they claim to have manufactured fifteen million pieces. That's almost as ubiquitous as Rolex.
Fifteen million Stuhrling Originals?!?

That's a whole lot of crap, considering I've never seen one on a single wrist other than my own (yeah, I made that mistake once). That's also a lot of landfill; those things disintegrate as they sit in their boxes waiting for sale.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 6th 2020, 12:35pm

TemerityB wrote:
August 6th 2020, 9:59am
franklin wrote:
August 6th 2020, 7:02am
Stührling is such an obvious "German transliteration" of the English word Sterling that I'm surprised anyone at all falls for it. But, at least they don't claim to be Swiss -- "manufactured a hemisphere away" is hardly impenetrable.
And, I love their exclusivity: in the last eighteen years they claim to have manufactured fifteen million pieces. That's almost as ubiquitous as Rolex.
Fifteen million Stuhrling Originals?!?

That's a whole lot of crap, considering I've never seen one on a single wrist other than my own (yeah, I made that mistake once). That's also a lot of landfill; those things disintegrate as they sit in their boxes waiting for sale.
Owned one early on in collecting. Was utter shite. Gave it to Goodwill.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 6th 2020, 8:24pm

I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 6th 2020, 11:28pm

conjurer wrote:
August 6th 2020, 11:25pm
Hawkeye wrote:
August 6th 2020, 8:24pm
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.
I just found my new sig-line!
BTW, Mr. Hawkeye, it's OK to say "fucking" instead of "fricken."
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 6th 2020, 11:38pm

I just bought a citizen’s promaster skyhawk a-t off citizen’s website. It was 20% off. It’s still the most I ever paid for a timepiece. Affirm financing is evil. And the first watch I have bought in 2 maybe 3 years
This was taken in the summer of 1987 on shellback day, this is on the equator in the Indian Ocean,I am the one with shirt unbuttoned in the middle
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 7th 2020, 12:06am

If there were more i had the ability to buy maybe 2 more. But. I got the one I liked the most and I will post it here in the right spot hopefully it will take less then 3 weeks
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 7th 2020, 12:47pm

conjurer wrote:
August 6th 2020, 11:50pm
You won't go wrong with Citizen.
Right on the money.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » August 7th 2020, 5:01pm

If you’re like me, you buy all of them and tell of delusions of grandeur. I survived 9/11 at the Pentagon. I was an Navy Aviator. I love big smoking pile of craps and beat off to every TV watch show. STAY GEEKY MY FRIENDS!

The most ignorant man in the world!
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 7th 2020, 6:23pm

Hawkeye wrote:
August 6th 2020, 11:38pm
I just bought a citizen’s promaster skyhawk a-t off citizen’s website. It was 20% off. It’s still the most I ever paid for a timepiece. Affirm financing is evil. And the first watch I have bought in 2 maybe 3 years
Was just looking at A-T Skyhawks today. Which did you get?
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 7th 2020, 9:44pm

biglove wrote:
August 7th 2020, 6:23pm
Hawkeye wrote:
August 6th 2020, 11:38pm
Was just looking at A-T Skyhawks today. Which did you get?
The one with the blue leather strap
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye » August 8th 2020, 2:45pm

iwasbanned wrote:
August 7th 2020, 10:05pm
Haters gonna hate

Naw, it’s your money..if you like it that’s all that matters.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 8th 2020, 7:33pm

Hawkeye wrote:
August 8th 2020, 2:45pm

Naw, it’s your money..if you like it that’s all that matters.
Yep. If it runs, wear it. I still have a skelton SO that somehow has refused to die. I slap it on every now and again, just because it's there.

Return to “Invicta”