Flame Fusion, what is it?

Watch Noob
Founding Member

Re: Flame Fusion, what is it?

Post by Watch Noob » August 4th 2011, 2:37pm

dude wrote:Had IWG not decided to be so deceptive, a proprietary material could have been a selling point. But no. They had to do the usual and fuck the whole deal up.

Come to think about it, this is the very subject that brought me and Mr. Noob together "oh so long ago". Man, was I a fucked up mess.

Good times brother Randy, good times! Image
Drifter on Watchlords
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Mark1 » August 4th 2011, 4:02pm

Falstaff wrote:I suspect they're coming out of the same Sagacious Panda No. 4 Guangzhou glass factory and that they are all exactly the same, whether Invicta Flame Fusion, Stuhrling Krysterna, Swiss Legend Sapphitek or even Croton's mysterious Spherulite (the Merm claims it means "strong" in German - it doesn't). Wonder why everybody else in the watchmaking biz manages to get by with either mineral or sapphire crystals except these yahoos?

I've often wondered that myself. Beware any TV watch salesperson selling you something "different" as an upgrade.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
TickTocker
Senior Member & WIS

Post by TickTocker » August 5th 2011, 6:05pm

RP wrote:I understand Invicta is working on a flame fusion condom

I wouldn't trust FF on my cheapest watch, so what makes them think I would trust it on my precious ding a ling lol
Last edited by Anonymous on August 5th 2011, 6:35pm, edited 4 times in total.
Bahoomba
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Bahoomba » January 11th 2019, 1:42pm

koimaster wrote:yes, flame fusion. Is it still around?

Was it ever really around, I mean, when you think about it? :wink:

They still talk about it on Evine all the time. Like it's actually "something."
Rule 1,493: Never photograph a watch on a wrist. On a lovely rock in a pond or a parapet, certainly - but never on a wrist.
- Chapter Seven, The Bazinga! Way To Become A Blogger Billionaire
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » November 3rd 2019, 8:41pm

A bump for tonight's Invicter Live from Times Square show, here Justin Zimmer seems to be pretty much kidnapping passersby to get them inside the near-empty "Invicta flagship store" near Times Square, while Invicter Lyin' is back in Minny telling people that Flame Fusion is "the ultimate."

Check out this show if they replay it on the Slob website. The folks Justin "interviews" tells you everything about the "impact" Invicter has made in the NYC market (meaning nobody notices and nobody cares).
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » November 6th 2019, 11:42am

12189005_1077714195602507_3537356847741431883_n.jpg
Courtesy of TB
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
bbattle
Senior Member & WIS

Post by bbattle » December 14th 2019, 6:59am

Interesting thread from one of those "other" watch forums:

Banned
WTF Veteran

My Watchbox
I think we first need to decypher the term Flame Fusion, before we can understand what we are discussing. From my understanding, Invicta has coined another marketing buzz phrase to sell the watches that have this type of crystal. This is a standard Invicta marketing strategy. They frequently appropriate an existing material or watch componant with clever marketing hype. It's cheaper than actually paying to develop the concepts themselves. It's the same concept as they used when they built their fantasy Swiss watch factories and invested in all their other wide spread company controlled manufacturing facilities. (Their less than 200 employees must work their butts off to keep up with production demands). :)

These crystals are nothing more than mineral crystals with a thin coating of synthetic sapphire bonded on with heat. Seiko has been using them for years on their lower cost models. So have many other watch manufacturers and watch importers. So has Invicta. They quietly used them on the 2006/2007 43mm Aussie Pro Diver models and several other earlier models. They probably got their supply from Seiko or from Seiko's supplier.

The Flame Fusion hoopla and hype is a more recent developement that can probably traced to ShopNBC's hype and happy horse manure marketing department. It's typical of the scam language SNBC has been using to foist off their junk for years. A good example is their house brand Brilliante CZ and plated sterling silver jewelry line. CZ stones and sterling/vermeil settings have been used in inexpensive costrume jewelry for decades. ShopNBC has been trying to upgrade their line to a more expensive and more profitable one with pure 100% marketing BS. Typical. Suckers get regularly hooked. I LMAO every time I tune in and listen to the fools who call in and gush poetic about the frapping they just took when they paid $100 or more for a few bucks worth of glitter. Invicta has become pretty much just another ShopNBC house brand. So the hype gets piled on nice and thick. My advise is to don your hip boots when you tune in to buy a new Invicta Reserve model watch. Otherwise, you will probably get your own butt "Flame Fusioned". :)

Allow me to digress back to reality. Composite crystals are fine on economy grade watches. They do exactly what they are designed to do. The sapphire coating protects the mineral glass from abrasion. This allows the use of thinner, but tougher crystals. Synthetic sapphire is abrasion resistant, but is more brittle and more expensive than mineral glass. So sapphire crystals have to be thicker and heavier to be as shatter resistant as a thinner and lighter weight mineral glass crystal. Thicker sapphire crystals must also be made of extremely pure materials to remain optically clear. So therefore, a high quality, durable sapphire crystal is much more expensive to produce.

IMO, composite crystals have a place on economy grade watches like Asian made Pro Divers, etc. They do not belong on Swiss made watches. I much prefer thicker cut sapphire crystals on the more expensive Swiss made automatic and higher grade Swiss made quartz chronograph models.

So it seems Invicta and ShopNBC have teamed up once again to scam the suckers by offering a cheaper substitute material and claiming its an upgrade--typical Invicta/ ShopNBC BS. I applaude them for their chutzpa, but will not be buying any of their more expensive Swiss made watches w/ Flame Fusion crystals. I won't be fooled again. Live and learn. :)

https://www.watchtalkforums.info/forums ... 37531.html

which one of you guys was Silent Sam?
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 14th 2019, 12:42pm

biglove wrote:
December 14th 2019, 9:32am
Good stuff. Definitely sounds like a Lord.
No kidding!
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Nuvolari
Watchlord WIS

Post by Nuvolari » December 14th 2019, 1:49pm

TemerityB wrote:
December 14th 2019, 12:42pm
biglove wrote:
December 14th 2019, 9:32am
Good stuff. Definitely sounds like a Lord.
No kidding!
That’s what I was thinking, too. Logical and articulate... that ain’t your typical fanboy.
“Could somebody please let me know what the fuck is going on here?? It's like walking into the local Safeway to do some grocery shopping and finding a bunch of ghey midgets cornholing each other in the produce department.” - Conjurer

Return to “Invicta”