Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post Reply
Watch Noob
Founding Member
Posts: 7509
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Watch Noob » July 16th 2014, 3:47am

foghorn wrote:Let's see if I have this right.
After all,I was an adversary of JS and MD before many of you knew what a solid end link was.

We hate JS for his past (which half of you have no clue about really) and he becomes irrelevant to the majority. Hooorray!!!!


We transfer our disdain to MD (who I called out years ago at BDWF and ultimately got banned -and I was a fucking owner!!!) and he goes away. Hooooray!!!


Then SNBC is on the ropes and WG is dead. The ultimate victory!! Hooooorayyyy!!!

But ever the jilted geeks or what-the-fuck-ever now we need to find and invade the place where some of these guys call a new home and start all over??


What the fuck is your goal?? Will you ever be satisfied?
These motherfuckers are more like you than you care to admit. They like watches!! Albeit crappy ones , but they fucking like them!!

At what point do we ultimately move the fuck on??


Excellent point Jeff. Many of us had moved on some time ago, but there seems to be the ever vigilant contingency that vows to hunt the geek down like prey wherever they may roam.
Drifter on Watchlords
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4798
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by WatchDorks.Net » July 16th 2014, 6:28am

Hunt them down, or simply enjoy pointing fingers at mouthbreathers and charlatans? I treat it as a spectator sport, enjoy the fuck out of it, and don't apologize in the least.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8189
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Mark1 » July 17th 2014, 1:22am

conjurer wrote:I wonder if Koimaster was invited to the party?


Koi might be on the menu there. They luvs em sum fish sammiches.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17128
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by TemerityB » July 17th 2014, 6:51am

conjurer wrote:I wonder if Koimaster was invited to the party?


That's an excellent point. Wonder what would happen if he tried to join using that name.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4798
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by WatchDorks.Net » July 17th 2014, 7:59am

Candidly, I think it would depend on how koi conducted himself. If he went there with the intent of starting trouble, he'd likely get shitcanned, but just as a regular member posting (completely unlikely, but for the sake of argument), I don't know that anything would happen other than some of the members reacting to the monicker.

The roster of moderators at the new location are not (YET!!) acting with the same tyrannical behavior that the WG moderators did. I think that is due to (1) the forum not being Invicter-sponsored, (2) as far as I can tell there is no overlap between these moderators and the WG moderators, and (3) believe it or not, based on public expression at the new forum, there were more than a few Geeks that were sick and tired of the moderator behavior at WG, yet could never say anything for fear of being banned. Some of the discussion at the new forum on that issue as well as Invicta's customer service is quite candid.

Speaking of different outcomes, already there has been a case where a thread was locked due to "negativity", but enough people complained and the thread was opened back up. That would not have happened at WG.

Also, I have yet to see the type of harsh lecturing that Mongo, Nismo, George the Douchbag, et al. used to inflict upon members just for asking questions.

Too early to tell, but it seems to be a case of "same bunnies, different farmer".
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14568
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by biglove » July 17th 2014, 9:04am

I was well received there before I had my account deleted at my request (just no hope of ever getting through to the masses).

Hell, they should look at Koi as a fucking hero for bringing all of the issues to the forefront!

Poor damned sheeple. Blind, willfully ignorant and stupid en masse. Sad thing is, there are some good guys there.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41965
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » July 17th 2014, 9:11am

WatchDorks.Net wrote:Candidly, I think it would depend on how koi conducted himself. If he went there with the intent of starting trouble, he'd likely get shitcanned, but just as a regular member posting (completely unlikely, but for the sake of argument), I don't know that anything would happen other than some of the members reacting to the monicker.

The roster of moderators at the new location are not (YET!!) acting with the same tyrannical behavior that the WG moderators did. I think that is due to (1) the forum not being Invicter-sponsored, (2) as far as I can tell there is no overlap between these moderators and the WG moderators, and (3) believe it or not, based on public expression at the new forum, there were more than a few Geeks that were sick and tired of the moderator behavior at WG, yet could never say anything for fear of being banned. Some of the discussion at the new forum on that issue as well as Invicta's customer service is quite candid.

Speaking of different outcomes, already there has been a case where a thread was locked due to "negativity", but enough people complained and the thread was opened back up. That would not have happened at WG.

Also, I have yet to see the type of harsh lecturing that Mongo, Nismo, George the Douchbag, et al. used to inflict upon members just for asking questions.

Too early to tell, but it seems to be a case of "same bunnies, different farmer".




Image


Northeastguy ( mod at WGlite)

Image

Image

Image
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4798
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by WatchDorks.Net » July 17th 2014, 9:20am

My bad. I hadn't recalled seeing northeastguy at WG, or he just didn't catch my attention.

Interestingly enough, he's the one that locked down the thread at WGLite (I like that term) saying "This thread can't go anywhere but down" like was the norm at old WG, and was then subsequently overruled by the other moderators.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14568
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by biglove » July 17th 2014, 9:34am

WatchDorks.Net wrote:My bad. I hadn't recalled seeing northeastguy at WG, or he just didn't catch my attention.

Interestingly enough, he's the one that locked down the thread at WGLite (I like that term) saying "This thread can't go anywhere but down" like was the norm at old WG, and was then subsequently overruled by the other moderators.


WatchSteve asked for my opinion on things before I left. I was honest with him about MD and how he is a profit hungry, true enemy of horology.

Also made him aware of the lockdown. Northeastguy is a thug lite with a desire for power, any power, and his head is so far up Mongo's ass it is not to be possible for Mongo to take a crap.

Only a matter of time before the shit hits the fan there. I don't have the history with WG and the whole affair but even I can see it coming.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31968
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » July 18th 2014, 8:05am

Mortuus wrote:
koimaster wrote:Image

Fame at last...my late father would be so proud. :?


This is unfair!! I started the silly, discusting [sic] stories about skip [sic]! Me! Conjurer! And I got passed over! And Mort gets all the fame! And I don't even have a discusting [sic] above-ground pool! Goddamn geeks. Can't never get nothing rite [sic]!
Image
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 2828
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by JAS1125 » July 18th 2014, 8:13am

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
koimaster wrote:Image

Fame at last...my late father would be so proud. :?


This is unfair!! I started the silly, discusting [sic] stories about skip [sic]! Me! Conjurer! And I got passed over! And Mort gets all the fame! And I don't even have a discusting [sic] above-ground pool! Goddamn geeks. Can't never get nothing rite [sic]!



Image
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
User avatar
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31968
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » July 18th 2014, 8:14am

JAS1125 wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
koimaster wrote:Image

Fame at last...my late father would be so proud. :?


This is unfair!! I started the silly, discusting [sic] stories about skip [sic]! Me! Conjurer! And I got passed over! And Mort gets all the fame! And I don't even have a discusting [sic] above-ground pool! Goddamn geeks. Can't never get nothing rite [sic]!



Image


Thanks, John. I was afraid that cultural reference would pass over the heads of these liver-spotted fatbodies.
Image
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41965
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » July 18th 2014, 9:50am

I just looked at their new board which has changed names and location. An improvement with the dropping of the Android Hotness thing. He might make it yet and that would be a change of pace for members there.





Image
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Posts: 9280
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Horse Feathers » July 18th 2014, 10:39am

JAS1125 wrote:

Image


Fun Fact:

John Holland Cazale was an American actor. During his six-year film career he appeared in five films, each nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part II, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter.
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 2828
Joined: January 29th 2013, 11:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by JAS1125 » July 18th 2014, 10:46am

Horse Feathers wrote:
JAS1125 wrote:

Image


Fun Fact:

John Holland Cazale was an American actor. During his six-year film career he appeared in five films, each nominated for the Academy Award for Best Picture: The Godfather, The Conversation, The Godfather Part II, Dog Day Afternoon and The Deer Hunter.



Yessir....he died way too young too. Would have been interesting to see what kind of career he would have had. Very impressive for just a short time
"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17128
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by TemerityB » July 18th 2014, 10:51am

I dunno. All I can think of is: Fuck anyone who calls his or herself a "WatchGeek." What's left at the new place are the dregs, and as such, fodder for much hilarity. Unimportant to the hobby, because IWG isn't part of the actual hobby in the first place.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by abduksion » July 18th 2014, 11:46am

I wonder how long its gonna take Eyal Lalow to admit Its Watchgeeks 2.0? We all remember the Imperious fiasco a few years back this isn't any different. This has Lalo written all over it. I was on there for 5 minutes and I already lost 30 IQ points. No need to worry I'm not signing up.
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14568
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by biglove » July 18th 2014, 12:14pm

I don't understand the whole "liver spot" obsession?

The turd does realize we all grow older and get them?

Punk ass kid! Get off my lawn you rat bastard!
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."
User avatar
abduksion

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by abduksion » July 18th 2014, 12:15pm

biglove wrote:I don't understand the whole "liver spot" obsession?

The turd does realize we all grow older and get them?

Punk ass kid! Get off my lawn you rat bastard!


I hope you weren't there too long? IQ points drop lol.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41965
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » July 20th 2014, 6:18pm

What the fuck is this crap? And how did I get dragged into this.

http://watchintyme.com/thread/777/best- ... cta?page=3
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest