Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post Reply
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 2579
Joined: March 4th 2012, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371
Location: Snake River Valley
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by hcharles » August 6th 2014, 7:15am

I've heard of pissing your money away on junk, but this is taking a sickness to a lower level. Paying money for photos of watches. This is what happens when a guy can't get laid.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
User avatar
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 8161
Joined: December 19th 2009, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Mark1 » August 6th 2014, 9:35am

Horse Feathers wrote:I'm willing to offer the introductory Sad Mongo series for $200 and will personally sign each one.

Order now and get the Best Of Hydromax.


Will those be signed and numbered?
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31774
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » August 6th 2014, 10:19am

Mark1 wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:I'm willing to offer the introductory Sad Mongo series for $200 and will personally sign each one.

Order now and get the Best Of Hydromax.


Will those be signed and numbered?


And, more importantly, will you throw in a warlet??
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Posts: 9281
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Horse Feathers » August 6th 2014, 10:25am

Mark1 wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:I'm willing to offer the introductory Sad Mongo series for $200 and will personally sign each one.

Order now and get the Best Of Hydromax.


Will those be signed and numbered?


Mark1, thanks for your interest.

The introductory sets will be signed but not numbered. In early 2015 we expect to have a Limited Edition series that will be printed on Linen Fine Art paper produced by one of Europe's oldest family owned paper mills producing fine papers on the same location since 1784. Each print will be carefully inspected then signed and numbered. The prints will then be custom mounted in highest quality Philippine Mahogany frames and shipped in a custom Naugahyde archival quality box.

conjurer wrote:And, more importantly, will you throw in a warlet??


Conjurer, thank you for your interest as well. Very pleased to see the excitement over this once in a lifetime opportunity.

The Warlet idea is an interesting concept, while we have no current plans we appreciate feedback form the collectors and will consider it.
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31774
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » August 6th 2014, 10:30am

Horse Feathers wrote:
Mark1 wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:I'm willing to offer the introductory Sad Mongo series for $200 and will personally sign each one.

Order now and get the Best Of Hydromax.


Will those be signed and numbered?


Mark1, thanks for your interest.

The introductory sets will be signed but not numbered. In early 2015 we expect to have a Limited Edition series that will be printed on Linen Fine Art paper produced by one of Europe's oldest family owned paper mills producing fine papers on the same location since 1784. Each print will be carefully inspected then signed and numbered. The prints will then be custom mounted in highest quality Philippine Mahogany frames and shipped in a custom Naugahyde archival quality box.

conjurer wrote:And, more importantly, will you throw in a warlet??


Conjurer, thank you for your interest as well. Very pleased to see the excitement over this once in a lifetime opportunity.

The Warlet idea is an interesting concept, while we have no current plans we appreciate feedback form the collectors and will consider it.


Get ready for the slow pitch over the plate:

Image
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 6th 2014, 11:26am

Obviously a single male, as no woman would allow something like that in her living room...ask your own ladies (or significant others, just in case ;) ) and see what the answer is... :o :( :? ..yep, trust me; I know. :shock:
User avatar
AJC
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 6157
Joined: May 14th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Delaware, United States
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by AJC » August 6th 2014, 1:13pm

My fiancee purchased an authentic old Hamilton poster that diagrams the inner workings of a watch in beautiful navy, dark red, and off white to hang in the office. I'm looking for a cherry frame that doesn't cover the Lancaster, PA at the bottom.
---
-ajc
User avatar
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 6th 2014, 1:48pm

AJC wrote:My fiancee purchased an authentic old Hamilton poster that diagrams the inner workings of a watch in beautiful navy, dark red, and off white to hang in the office. I'm looking for a cherry frame that doesn't cover the Lancaster, PA at the bottom.

There's a big difference here, 'drew; he's framing Yugo 'racing' car photos -- that were actually demo-derby cars with a lot of photo-shopping done to give 'em that brand-new look -- and your young lady is framing the equivalent of a Ferrari racing automobile. And, not surprisingly, it's in the office and not the living room. :mrgreen:

If you can get a pic of the poster, I'd love to see it, as I'm a Hamilton Fanaticom... ;)
User avatar
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 14134
Joined: October 27th 2013, 9:18am
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Deep South
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by biglove » August 6th 2014, 2:08pm

Mortuus wrote:
AJC wrote:My fiancee purchased an authentic old Hamilton poster that diagrams the inner workings of a watch in beautiful navy, dark red, and off white to hang in the office. I'm looking for a cherry frame that doesn't cover the Lancaster, PA at the bottom.

There's a big difference here, 'drew; he's framing Yugo 'racing' car photos -- that were actually demo-derby cars with a lot of photo-shopping done to give 'em that brand-new look -- and your young lady is framing the equivalent of a Ferrari racing automobile. And, not surprisingly, it's in the office and not the living room. :mrgreen:

If you can get a pic of the poster, I'd love to see it, as I'm a Hamilton Fanaticom... ;)


Agreed on wanting to see your poster. And there is a helluva' difference between tasteful artwork and the pics that clown has of his wartches!
"I always complain because I'm old now and everything hurts."-Mike Rowe
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 16876
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New York City
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by TemerityB » August 6th 2014, 3:46pm

Great day in the morning, I just noticed this: That George Thorogood guy posted a photo of an Omega Constellation on top of a fucking Hydromax? As if one had anything to do with the other?!?

Get that real watch offa that toy right now, ass wipe.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 3056
Joined: July 9th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Near the motor city..

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Luftwafflles » August 6th 2014, 10:09pm

There is the advantage, that the geek can gaze endlessly upon his fave watches, with little risk of the hands falling off.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.







.
User avatar
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 4943
Joined: November 30th 2010, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: California
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by svaglic » August 6th 2014, 10:17pm

Luftwafflles wrote:There is the advantage, that the geek can gaze endlessly upon his fave watches, with little risk of the hands falling off.

:npkjp,:

Of course, I see now. How sad that it makes total sense. Lufty, you nailed it.
You can have brains or you can have beauty, but you can’t have all three.
User avatar
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 7th 2014, 7:56am

AJC wrote:Image

It is residing between two pieces of cardboard until I find a suitable frame.

Cool stuff, 'drew! That young lady of yours is just uber-bosso-keen...I'd marry her if I was you. ;)
.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 41377
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » August 7th 2014, 8:28am

Still wonder how there could have been activity on my WG account after the above date which was a month or so after I told the owners there to fuck off. In fact there was activity on that koimaster account until 2010.

Image
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31774
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » August 9th 2014, 8:51am

This is indeed surprising and disconcerting news; while Invicter is infamous for hands falling off, this is a new instance of product failure (i.e. the bracelet falling the fuck apart.) Who would have thought that a shoddy bracelet would fail when holding a 17 pound watch head on a skinny wrist?
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Posts: 9281
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Horse Feathers » August 9th 2014, 8:55am

conjurer wrote:This is indeed surprising and disconcerting news; while Invicter is infamous for hands falling off, this is a new instance of product failure (i.e. the bracelet falling the fuck apart.) Who would have thought that a shoddy bracelet would fail when holding a 17 pound watch head on a skinny wrist?


I may have to recall all the HydroMix versions sold to BestBuy................... Nah !!
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 31774
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by conjurer » August 9th 2014, 9:05am

Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:This is indeed surprising and disconcerting news; while Invicter is infamous for hands falling off, this is a new instance of product failure (i.e. the bracelet falling the fuck apart.) Who would have thought that a shoddy bracelet would fail when holding a 17 pound watch head on a skinny wrist?


I may have to recall all the HydroMix versions sold to BestBuy................... Nah !!


A HydroMix falling off the wrist of a geek while mixing a batch of Cheetos dip could do terrible damage, H-F, especially to geek genitalia. You may be opening yourself to a long stretch of frivolous lawsuits.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
User avatar
Tzimisces

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Tzimisces » August 9th 2014, 9:34am

Despite the bracelet falling off, the fact that wearing it for a period of time causes pain, the crown logo rubbing off after a few days, the shitty lume...it still exudes a lot of quality.
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Posts: 9281
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by Horse Feathers » August 9th 2014, 10:36am

Just weeks after the esteemed Michael Davis leaves the Invicta Watch Group, the company releases their new revolutionary product with a cheap folder bracelet. This is the kind of stuff that Mr. Davis was fighting against and probably the reason he left. As the Technical Brand Manager and a product ambassador how does he defend Invicta releasing a product not worthy of the logo. Where has the Invicta pride gone, this is a part of the Reserve Line, only the best of the best, the Invicta watchmakers in Switzerland train hard just for the opportunity to work on these legendary Reserve timepieces.

Until I see a commitment to quality and customer service I'm going to cut back my purchases to 10 or so a month (barring Sunday Runs, Once Only's, Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter Once a Thon's, Costco Sales, Daily Deal Sites and Birthday/Holiday purchases)

That should send a loud and clear message to Mr. Lalo.
Last edited by Horse Feathers on August 9th 2014, 1:22pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest