Home for Displaced watchgeeks

koimaster
Founder

Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » July 14th 2014, 11:20am

http://watch-in-time.boards.net/

Do not bother stopping here. Move along........

https://watchintyme.com/index.php

Or better yet watchintyme.com which has it's own naval aviator.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Founder

Re: Home for Displaced watchgeeks

Post by koimaster » July 14th 2014, 4:10pm

I could care less about their new place at this point. If they troll here or try the same crap that went on at WG then that is a different story. At this point I see it and any other off-shoots the same as I do this site, BDWF or others that were started after WUS and the bullshit that went down there.

Watchgeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. While it would nice to give this site a bit of credit for it, I doubt anything we ever did changed anything there. The owners, sponsors and most of the members were for the most part oblivious to us.

If a couple of the better known trolls come back from the ashes, then the lemmings are dumber than I give them credit for. Fuck them all, watchgeeks is dead, long live watchlords!

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 14th 2014, 4:17pm

koimaster wrote:I could care less about their new place at this point. If they troll here or try the same crap that went on at WG then that is a different story. At this point I see it and any other off-shoots the same as I do this site, BDWF or others that were started after WUS and the bullshit that went down there.

Watchgeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. While it would nice to give this site a bit of credit for it, I doubt anything we ever did changed anything there. The owners, sponsors and most of the members were for the most part oblivious to us.

If a couple of the better known trolls come back from the ashes, then the lemmings are dumber than I give them credit for. Fuck them all, watchgeeks is dead, long live watchlords!

Yup.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » July 14th 2014, 4:29pm

koimaster wrote:Watchgeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money.

There it is, all wrapped up int two tidy, concise sentences.

I can only wonder if those butt-hurt creepazoids at the new site would be accepting of members from here under the same screen names that we use here. You know, in the spirit of camaraderie, since they're the "good" site (famous Geek quote: "WatchGeeks stand for goodness"). We could bury the hatchet and never quarrel again; it would be like a nice, fresh start for both our site and their side.

Psyche!

WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » July 14th 2014, 5:02pm

I am thinking that at this point the admins are overwhelmed. I am signed up under my same ID and have posted what I think of Invicta. No ban or scrub...yet.
"When things are at their darkest, pal, it's a brave man that can kick back and party." - Lt. Tuck Pendleton, Innerspace
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » July 14th 2014, 6:21pm

Let's see if I have this right.
After all,I was an adversary of JS and MD before many of you knew what a solid end link was.

We hate JS for his past (which half of you have no clue about really) and he becomes irrelevant to the majority. Hooorray!!!!

We transfer our disdain to MD (who I called out years ago at BDWF and ultimately got banned -and I was a fucking owner!!!) and he goes away. Hooooray!!!

Then SNBC is on the ropes and WG is dead. The ultimate victory!! Hooooorayyyy!!!

But ever the jilted geeks or what-the-fuck-ever now we need to find and invade the place where some of these guys call a new home and start all over??

What the fuck is your goal?? Will you ever be satisfied?
These motherfuckers are more like you than you care to admit. They like watches!! Albeit crappy ones , but they fucking like them!!

At what point do we ultimately move the fuck on??
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » July 14th 2014, 6:27pm

foghorn wrote:Let's see if I have this right.
After all,I was an adversary of JS and MD before many of you knew what a solid end link was.

We hate JS for his past (which half of you have no clue about really) and he becomes irrelevant to the majority. Hooorray!!!!

We transfer our disdain to MD (who I called out years ago at BDWF and ultimately got banned -and I was a fucking owner!!!) and he goes away. Hooooray!!!

Then SNBC is on the ropes and WG is dead. The ultimate victory!! Hooooorayyyy!!!

But ever the jilted geeks or what-the-fuck-ever now we need to find and invade the place where some of these guys call a new home and start all over??

These motherfuckers are more like you than you care to admit. They like watches!! Albeit crappy ones , but they fucking like them!!

Yup.
foghorn

Post by foghorn » July 14th 2014, 6:42pm

Thanks John.
We have plenty of ball busting and fun making right here.

We got a full slate of Aussies , Canadian(s), young twerps, old fucks, southern, northwestern, book store dwelling, male nursing, cops, pretentious, cheap watch owning, other forum mod/admins, bearded over the hill snowboarding, and eating with their pecker motherfuckers to make fun of. We don't need nuttin' else.
hondaman
Facebook ID: 100000047100636

Post by hondaman » July 14th 2014, 7:02pm

Watchgeeks has barely been worth making fun of for a good while. They are done but is was fun busting their balls for a while.
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » July 14th 2014, 7:06pm

foghorn wrote:Thanks John.
We have plenty of ball busting and fun making right here.

We got a full slate of Aussies , Canadian(s), young twerps, old fucks, southern, northwestern, book store dwelling, male nursing, cops, pretentious, cheap watch owning, other forum mod/admins, bearded over the hill snowboarding, and eating with their pecker motherfuckers to make fun of. We don't need nuttin' else.

Pure unadulterated poetry.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » July 14th 2014, 8:20pm

foghorn wrote:These motherfuckers are more like you than you care to admit. They like watches!! Albeit crappy ones , but they fucking like them!!

I have no problem with a knucklehead who chooses to be a knucklehead despite the fact that they have been informed they are being a knucklehead. Acting under the influence of deception is one thing, acting after having been informed is another. Wear what you like as long as you know what it is , yet, somehow, someway, far beyond my considerable capacity for comprehension, like it anyhow. Once I've enlightened someone, I've done all I can do. I've done my job. I've given it everything I've got. I've taken my best shot and so on. The rest is up to their own natures, to buy or not to buy, it's solely up to them, they gotta put their grown-up person undergarments on, they're on their own and so forth. And that's ok with me. It has to be, otherwise the top of my head would blow off.

foghorn wrote:At what point do we ultimately move the fuck on??

This is the hard part.

First of all, I'd like to quote the guy who said: "Comedy is not pretty," however, I don't remember who said it and I aint with the google tonight, I'm in a hurry, so I gotta keep this short. So, this is the hard part, as comedy indeed is oft-times not pretty, but, is always funny, to someone, (I had a stand-up comic room-mate in college who never bombed, he just had the wrong audience) and I have to admit, I do get an occasional kick out of the fringe.

I'll enjoy my guilty little corner of comedic darkness with you guys out on my balcony, however, I have no desire to parachute in and stick it up their butts in the middle of their own deal, especially since they are not affiliated with a sponsor, although I've read Wing is sniffing around. Mongo is probably feeding him the same line of bullshit that he fed Laylow, laying out how he's going to make Android the next Invicta, while planning a takeover, and whatnot. Mongo is good at getting his foot in the door, I hope the Android bit is just an ugly rumor.

The above said,

I think that much of the battering of geeks has been largely related to their rabid support for a company we find to be Public Enemy Number One to this thing of ours, more so than anything personal. IWG, the primary object of our campaign, is kept at the forefront of the search engines, largely facilitated by our eye on the industry and continual posts about those crooks. There is another thread about this somewhere, so I won't dwell on it, however, I think it's important to keep the truth out there, as more and more consumers are doing research on the web before making purchases.

I have no problem with, as someone, I think HF said, not clubbing baby seals, at least not on their home ice, while continuing to keep the IWG, et.al. on the burner and poking a little fun over here at our clubhouse.
Last edited by 3Flushes on July 15th 2014, 12:47am, edited 3 times in total.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » July 14th 2014, 9:14pm

I have an account at the new joint under my WG pseudonym. Not that I'll participate much.

Change is good, especially this particular forcing function for the WatchGeek. Like many of us here, once you get out in the real watch world, with any luck (and intelligence), you begin to realize what's what and act accordingly. It is my greatest hope that they do (welll, maybe not my greatest). As long as they can keep the wolves away, they might just be ok. Regardless it will be interesting to watch, sort of.

Anyway...I'm not worried about any shortage of IWG fodder, there's plenty out there as long as there's an Invicta on sale somewhere. So, I stand with HF and foghorn on this one. At some point we all have to venture beyond our own front door - I say let 'em.
Racer-X
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Racer-X » July 14th 2014, 9:21pm

foghorn wrote:Let's see if I have this right.....

These motherfuckers are more like you than you care to admit. They like watches!! Albeit crappy ones, but they fucking like them!!

I agree. The heavy hand that led many of us here is gone. Let them have their place and we will have ours.
Mark1

Post by Mark1 » July 15th 2014, 1:02am

If they want a place to talk about their big shiny multi-knobbed TV tympeaces, better there than here I say. It will be interesting to see how the forum develops without Invicta (or any other as yet unknown sycophants) controlling it.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 15th 2014, 10:23am

conjurer wrote:

Yup.

Let's make that a double Yup
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » July 15th 2014, 11:05am

From what I have read over at the new forum, they are still hard core tv watch hoarders. Some things will never change.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » July 15th 2014, 11:24am

hcharles wrote:From what I have read over at the new forum, they are still hard core tv watch hoarders. Some things will never change.

The geeks won't change, hopefully the leadership will. How the administration and TOS shape up will make it a good board if the guy who started the place sticks to his guns. It will be interesting to see how things play themselves out.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
chuckf1
Facebook ID: 1014067913

Post by chuckf1 » July 15th 2014, 12:03pm

eddiea wrote:
conjurer wrote:

Yup.

Let's make that a double Yup

I'll triple Yup that. To each his or her own people, to each their own.
eddiea

Post by eddiea » July 15th 2014, 12:58pm

hcharles wrote:From what I have read over at the new forum, they are still hard core tv watch hoarders. Some things will never change.

Different strokes for different folks, as long as they are not spending my money?, It does not affect me one way or the other , why should I'll be concerned?......Live and let live .

Return to “Invicta”