When SWISS means China

Watches marketed & sold by Invicta Watch Group
User avatar
ChronoMATT
Master of Time
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 8th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Sun Diego, California
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by ChronoMATT » March 20th 2013, 7:55am

Thanks. I missed for I usually skip anything from a new member with less than 100 posts.

Image

timex wrote:
ChronoMATT wrote:They must be in the closet. I haven't read of one purchase by anyone since being a member.


I did.
Posted it here.

LINK: Get your torches ready.

timex on Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:06 am wrote:And to re-ignite it all, you can go ahead and make me the Burning Man.
Just like Jimmy Swaggart humping that Hooker, Folks I Have Sinned!!!!!!

Came Monday, Invicta Grand Diver, 0992, SW200 with T25 Tritium tubes, and a cool engraved case back. $150. used.
Bought it from a fool who paid waaayy to much!!!!

It'll keep company with a couple of other Grand Divers, and a Hamilton Khaki Chrono, DB AM 500, 2 Rollies, and some others.


Tim
Image
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 3056
Joined: July 9th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Near the motor city..

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by Luftwafflles » March 20th 2013, 8:17am

In my almost nine months here, I have purchased exactly one Android. It has a Miyota 9000 series movement, it was under $200, and I like it. Sue me.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.







.
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 631
Joined: January 19th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by jonnybardo » March 20th 2013, 10:59am

Come on, is this place so cultish that members can't buy an Invicta now and then (not to mention other TV brands) without getting shat on by the Watchlords Mob? Does membership here require absolutely no Invicta purchases?

I think the key is recognizing that A) Invicta is a fashion watch company, not a fine or quality watch company, and B) Invicta has some very questionable, even corrupt, business practices.

If a person is cognizant of both points and still buys an Invicta now and again because they like them for what they are, I say let them be. If they are under the delusion that Invicta is what they claim to be--a real watch company that makes quality watches with Swiss parts--then deride away.

To be clear, I don't buy Invicta anymore. The last Invicta I bought was a few months ago, and that one was used on EPay. My disillusionment with Invicta began in October, was relatively complete by November - but that was simply for aesthetic reasons. In other words, I got sick of big, gaudy watches. I didn't realize what a shitty company they were until I came here, which just cemented the deal for me.
timex
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 230
Joined: February 20th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Long Island/ NY
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by timex » March 20th 2013, 12:50pm

jonnybardo wrote:Come on, is this place so cultish that members can't buy an Invicta now and then (not to mention other TV brands) without getting shat on by the Watchlords Mob? Does membership here require absolutely no Invicta purchases?

I think the key is recognizing that A) Invicta is a fashion watch company, not a fine or quality watch company, and B) Invicta has some very questionable, even corrupt, business practices.

If a person is cognizant of both points and still buys an Invicta now and again because they like them for what they are, I say let them be. If they are under the delusion that Invicta is what they claim to be--a real watch company that makes quality watches with Swiss parts--then deride away.

To be clear, I don't buy Invicta anymore. The last Invicta I bought was a few months ago, and that one was used on EPay. My disillusionment with Invicta began in October, was relatively complete by November - but that was simply for aesthetic reasons. In other words, I got sick of big, gaudy watches. I didn't realize what a shitty company they were until I came here, which just cemented the deal for me.


Jonnybardo, I'm still brand new here, but I honestly have not seen, what you describe as perceived treatment for somebody buying or owning an Invicta.

Add to that, this forum is the Wild, Wild West, of all Forums.
Self Moderated, No Taboo Subjects.

Almost every other Forum has No Religion, No Politics, No Swear Words, in effect.
The recent post, OH COME FUCKING ON!!!
About "the leader of the largest watch company in the world", went totally off the rails, into breaking the Sound Barrier on Theology.

But it was refreshing to see thinking minds discussing their views, with out it going nuclear, or getting locked down.

Like I said, I have not seen nor have I been " shat on by the Watchlords Mob", because of buying a Invicta Watch.

What I have seen, and enjoyed reading are accounts of Watch Geek Loyalist's/ fanbois,
coming here, joining, and commencing to shine on, like a Jehovah Witness standing at my front door.

Yea, the accounts of " shat on by the Watchlords Mob", getting ferreted out, and and mind-fucked, gang-bang style, I have read and watched.

Pure entertainment, and if they don't like it, they don't have to come back.

Just my thoughts as a new guy, with less than 100 posts.

tim
Last edited by Anonymous on March 20th 2013, 2:18pm, edited 2 times in total.
USN-R Bubblehead, Order of the Bluenose & Shellback.
User avatar
CohibaJoe
Posts: 11
Joined: June 16th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by CohibaJoe » March 20th 2013, 12:56pm

jonnybardo wrote:Come on, is this place so cultish that members can't buy an Invicta now and then (not to mention other TV brands) without getting shat on by the Watchlords Mob? Does membership here require absolutely no Invicta purchases?

I think the key is recognizing that A) Invicta is a fashion watch company, not a fine or quality watch company, and B) Invicta has some very questionable, even corrupt, business practices.

If a person is cognizant of both points and still buys an Invicta now and again because they like them for what they are, I say let them be. If they are under the delusion that Invicta is what they claim to be--a real watch company that makes quality watches with Swiss parts--then deride away.

To be clear, I don't buy Invicta anymore. The last Invicta I bought was a few months ago, and that one was used on EPay. My disillusionment with Invicta began in October, was relatively complete by November - but that was simply for aesthetic reasons. In other words, I got sick of big, gaudy watches. I didn't realize what a shitty company they were until I came here, which just cemented the deal for me.

Agree 100%...I cannot stand and stopped watching Shop...Makes me what to puke when I see anyone from Invicta...What liars and scum bags.
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 44658
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by koimaster » March 20th 2013, 1:34pm

jonnybardo wrote:Come on, is this place so cultish that members can't buy an Invicta now and then (not to mention other TV brands) without getting shat on by the Watchlords Mob? Does membership here require absolutely no Invicta purchases?

I think the key is recognizing that A) Invicta is a fashion watch company, not a fine or quality watch company, and B) Invicta has some very questionable, even corrupt, business practices.

If a person is cognizant of both points and still buys an Invicta now and again because they like them for what they are, I say let them be. If they are under the delusion that Invicta is what they claim to be--a real watch company that makes quality watches with Swiss parts--then deride away.

To be clear, I don't buy Invicta anymore. The last Invicta I bought was a few months ago, and that one was used on EPay. My disillusionment with Invicta began in October, was relatively complete by November - but that was simply for aesthetic reasons. In other words, I got sick of big, gaudy watches. I didn't realize what a shitty company they were until I came here, which just cemented the deal for me.



Watchlords Mob???? Lots of members here own Invicta watches and other brands sold on TV. As you say, if you know what you are getting and like it, more power to you. I know of quite a few members here who still purchase Invicta divers, Android watches, DB etc. It is what it is and that is not a problem here. It is the lemming like following of a felon and a huckster from Panama coupled with the lies told on a regular basis which pisses people off.

I decided to edit this to add that we have quite a few members here who were or still are members of WG or WF where invicta is not really discussed in the wide open like we have here. Many members here were banned at WG just for being here as a member. Some were banned for comments made at forums such as WTF. Why? Because be it Invicta, Doxa, Omega or Patek, the topics can be discussed without Jim or I closing something down for fear of offending a sponsor.

We are called watch snobs by invicta fanbois, hell how snobish can you be when you like G-shocks or Seiko, Citizen or other fair priced watches. If anything, I think fanbois of any brand are snobs in a way.
Last edited by Anonymous on March 20th 2013, 1:42pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
elau
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 1284
Joined: July 17th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Under a rock.
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by elau » March 20th 2013, 1:42pm

JohnnyB,
No one here tells you what not to buy or wear, it's your money after all. But I think we can agree Inshita is less than an honest company and therefore at least I, personally, would like to see it fails as a company. The only way to do that is to choke off its income by educating the buying public and let it withers away.
timex
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 230
Joined: February 20th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Long Island/ NY
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by timex » March 20th 2013, 2:20pm

As for what the company is, what it stands for, and how it operates.....

The FACTS are well documented, and at the end of each revelation is Koi's Tag.

I can't thank the man enough for all the work he has done past, present and future.
I Appreciate and admire his efforts to put the Unbiased Truth, out for all to review.
I would not be able, to have the restraint, he has consistantly shown.

Yes Koi has a driven agenda, but they brought that on themselves.
You can fuck with a man, but Family...Never.

And everything that gets posted about the company, starts with Eyal Lalo.

Eyal Lalo, having brain storming sessions & meetings about production, marketing, merchandising, branding, distribution, corporate governance, Consumer Satisfaction & Loyalty.

Every Single Facet, of Invicta, is Started & Built on the Premise of Deception.
Not one single honest mistake, can be shown.

Nothing about the company, not one single aspect, started out honestly.

My Grandma, "When fish goes bad, the eyes go first, not the middle or the tail.
It always starts with the Head of the Fish. Life's alot like that."


Most of us here, have moved on from Invicta, and there will always be more.

I think it's just a matter of time, before the company puts it's self out of business.
I have never bought a watch on any kind of a payment system.

I have never bought anything Invicta, other than certain Grand Divers and have never broke the 200 mark.

I am amazed at the guys who spend Thousands for a Chinese Quarts Movement, housed in enough stainless steel, to prevent you from boarding a plane.

Pass that on to your Son, " Gee Dad, thanks for the Turd!"

In 1976, I was in 6th Grade, my Father, a Blue Collar, Dairy Worker, sat me down and taught me all about my new watch, he bought for me, a Seiko 5, Automatic DX.
Explained what an Automatic Movement was, how to take care of it.

My Dad is gone, but I still have the watch, and it gets plenty of wrist time.
He also gave me, my first Gibson, a Buck Knife, and a 1934 Ford 2dr sedan, that his dad gave to him, passed onto me.

Anyway.

tim
USN-R Bubblehead, Order of the Bluenose & Shellback.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17914
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by TemerityB » March 20th 2013, 4:31pm

jonnybardo wrote:Come on, is this place so cultish that members can't buy an Invicta now and then (not to mention other TV brands) without getting shat on by the Watchlords Mob? Does membership here require absolutely no Invicta purchases?

I think the key is recognizing that A) Invicta is a fashion watch company, not a fine or quality watch company, and B) Invicta has some very questionable, even corrupt, business practices.

If a person is cognizant of both points and still buys an Invicta now and again because they like them for what they are, I say let them be. If they are under the delusion that Invicta is what they claim to be--a real watch company that makes quality watches with Swiss parts--then deride away.

To be clear, I don't buy Invicta anymore. The last Invicta I bought was a few months ago, and that one was used on EPay. My disillusionment with Invicta began in October, was relatively complete by November - but that was simply for aesthetic reasons. In other words, I got sick of big, gaudy watches. I didn't realize what a shitty company they were until I came here, which just cemented the deal for me.


Anything that's cheap, ey, Jonny? No sense admiring the craft or makeup of an "expensive" watch, as you have spent 323,435 word posts on previously, right? But that's beside the point. Here's a thread openly showing dubious business practices from a shady company, and your first reaction is to call the members here a "mob" because we call them out on it. Or piss on us because we refuse to trade with a company that's been proven to be shady time and again.

You're in way the fuck over your head, junior. Go back to your fucking yellow shinebox. You deserve to be part of a serious watch forum like I deserve to be the centerfold in Playgirl this month. Your big yellow flag is showing, and it's embarrassing; obviously a Geek who bought a cowboy hat, so now he thinks he can drive cattle. Lame. Wow, you bought your last Invicta months ago! Look, ma - I finished everything on my plate!
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 631
Joined: January 19th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by jonnybardo » March 20th 2013, 6:22pm

I thought I was pretty clear that I am NOT saying people shouldn't bag on Invicta, or that they aren't a shitty company - I fully agree with that. But what I am saying is that folks shouldn't be so quick to bag on people simply for buying or owning Invicta - which some people did in this thread. Or, worse yet, making shit up and accusing folks of stuff that is frankly BS.

A case in point:

TemerityB wrote:
Anything that's cheap, ey, Jonny? No sense admiring the craft or makeup of an "expensive" watch, as you have spent 323,435 word posts on previously, right? But that's beside the point. Here's a thread openly showing dubious business practices from a shady company, and your first reaction is to call the members here a "mob" because we call them out on it. Or piss on us because we refuse to trade with a company that's been proven to be shady time and again.

You're in way the fuck over your head, junior. Go back to your fucking yellow shinebox. You deserve to be part of a serious watch forum like I deserve to be the centerfold in Playgirl this month. Your big yellow flag is showing, and it's embarrassing; obviously a Geek who bought a cowboy hat, so now he thinks he can drive cattle. Lame. Wow, you bought your last Invicta months ago! Look, ma - I finished everything on my plate!


For those not seeing the hostility that newbies face when coming to this sight, tell me how posts like TemerityB's don't exemplify what I'm talking about. This goes beyond some locker-room rough-housing - I don't mind that - it is an outright personal attack.

To TemerityB...all I can say is, wtf is your problem with me? Did I shoot your dog or something? Whatever it is, get over it because all you're doing is being a dick and creating a strawman out of me to lash out at. Go take it out on on a dirty sock.
User avatar
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS
Posts: 8992
Joined: August 31st 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by Falstaff » March 20th 2013, 6:57pm

An insidious "just lower the bar a little" argument. Sure, a little can't hurt, right? How about just a wee bit more? Why not, we wouldn't want to be thought of as intolerant, now would we? Now if you could lower it just a teensy bit more....
"Open the pod bay door HAL."
"I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 631
Joined: January 19th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by jonnybardo » March 20th 2013, 7:23pm

Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here. Attacking people for owning Invictas, accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, or even those that do are equally active in it, but it does exist and, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place.

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for.
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33141
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by conjurer » March 20th 2013, 7:53pm

jonnybardo wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here. Attacking people for owning Invictas, accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, or even those that do are equally active in it, but it does exist and, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place.

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for.


Don't come out swinging at Temerity, jonny. You're gonna lose.

Invicta sucks big donkey dicks as a company. They made some decent stuff a long, long time ago, and there are some members here who still own those and I respect them. But don't try to defend them in a thread like this, which so clearly shows that, as a company, they don't give a shit about their customers.
User avatar
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Posts: 17914
Joined: June 12th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by TemerityB » March 20th 2013, 7:55pm

jonnybardo wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here. Attacking people for owning Invictas, accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, or even those that do are equally active in it, but it does exist and, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place.

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for.


"Attacked," the youngster whines. A "mob," he calls us. I told you before: Go get your yellow shinebox.

Wee jonny, your verbose, cryptic writing style only proves one thing: Using 23,546 words in a paragraph doesn't make you any clearer; it just obfuscates the meaning or point to the reader. In other words, spit it out, Jasper.

So let me get this straight: You choose to join this site after, obviously, reading a lot of it, then call out many of the veteran members for their "assaholic behavior." Truth be told, most of the veterans here can spot a troll or a faux WIS from 10 paces, and that means you, son. And if you meant to call me an asshole (sp), it felt like a blowjob from a Penthouse Pet. Please, more, and often.

After seeing the behavior of the WatchGeeks for the past four years or so, I have absolutely - let me write it again so that you might glean some semblance of understanding about it - absolutely no tolerance for the WG mentality. None. Bardo, you display all of the classic tendencies of a WG troll ... no, let me take that back.

You display all the tendencies of a Lord God King Uber Supreme King Size Watch Geek Troll who sleeps on yellow sheets and stacks his cheese boxes four high so they're nice and even and write to Eyal Lalo for an autographed photo. I've seen the true Geek mentality - putting up faux sites to hound the owner of this site; proclaiming this site "hacked" WGs; parading around with their 55mm ugly wrist clocks like the dateless losers they're always destined to be; whining about real jewelry stores and watch makers who won't even change a battery on IWG crap if it came with a $50 bill strapped to it. The art of watchmaking is a time-honored craft that only a few have mastered; you and the WG flotsam can't understand stuff like that, because you're busy hoarding cheap POS to smell the coffee. And who cares anyway.

Here's the rub, which, obviously, I'll have to explain a second time: This thread, and only about 50 others on this open site, reveal the business practices of the Invicta Watch Group and those who represent them. Your response to a fact-based thread is, basically, "anyone should buy whatever they want, that's unfair" after you viewed photos with "Swiss" on watch faces and "Far East Movements" on their guts. And after that, you question those who'd want to not trade with the very company who perpetrated the fraud? THAT's a "mob"???!?

I guess as long as a watch is cheap, it's good, eh, jonny? I'll state it again: You have no fucking business on a watch forum. You're the guy who had about six really smart watch collectors explain to you why expensive watches are worth the price, only to have to spit back at 'em, "I don't care, I don't see the difference." Bull fucking shit, Skeezix.

You are, however, the perfect pigeon to join WatchGeeks.net. They talk all about Value-Pays (TM) there, and they have a huge array of sub-$100 watches for you to choose from! Plus, every summer they all save their pennies and get together for a big fish sammich jamboree. You really ought to ask your mom if you can attend, it's loads o' fun!

Image

Oh, and as for "turning people off from this place": Unlike WatchGeeks, we're not looking for more members - we're looking for the right members. Enjoy your $75 watches, and I'll try to do better in the future to not be so mean to Invicta fans.






Last edited by Anonymous on March 20th 2013, 8:14pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33141
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by conjurer » March 20th 2013, 8:00pm

TemerityB wrote:
jonnybardo wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here. Attacking people for owning Invictas, accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, or even those that do are equally active in it, but it does exist and, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place.

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for.


"Attacked," the youngster whines. A "mob," he calls us. I told you before: Go get your yellow shinebox.

Wee jonny, your verbose, cryptic writing style only proves one thing: Using 23,546 words in a paragraph doesn't make you any clearer; it just obfuscates the meaning or point to the reader. In other words, spit it out, Jasper.

So let me get this straight: You choose to join this site after, obviously, reading a lot of it, then call out many of the veteran members for their "assaholic behavior." Truth be told, most of the veterans here can spot a troll or a faux WIS from 10 paces, and that means you, son. And if you meant to call me an asshole (sp), it felt like a blowjob from a Penthouse Pet. Please, more, and often.

After seeing the behavior of the WatchGeeks for the past four years or so, I have absolutely - let me write it again so that you might glean some semblance of understanding about it - absolutely no tolerance for the WG mentality. None. Bardo, you display all of the classic tendencies of a WG troll ... no, let me take that back.

You display all the tendencies of a Lord God King Uber Supreme King Size Watch Geek Troll who sleeps on yellow sheets and stacks his cheese boxes four high so they're nice and even and write to Eyal Lalo for an autographed photo. I've seen the true Geek mentality - putting up faux sites to hound the owner of this site; proclaiming this site "hacked" WGs; parading around with their 55mm ugly wrist clocks like the dateless losers they're always destined to be; whining about real jewelry stores and watch makers who won't even change a battery on IWG crap if it came with a $50 bill strapped to it. The art of watchmaking is a time-honored craft that only a few have mastered; you and the WG flotsam can't understand stuff like that, because you're busy hoarding cheap POS to smell the coffee. And who cares anyway.

Here's the rub, which, obviously, I'll have to explain a second time: This thread, and only about 50 others on this open site, reveal the business practices of the Invicta Watch Group and those who represent them. Your response to a fact-based thread is, basically, "anyone should buy whatever they want, that's unfair" after you viewed photos with "Swiss" on watch faces and "Far East Movements" on their guts. And after that, you question those who'd want to note trade with the very company who perpetrated the fraud? THAT's a "mob"???!?

I guess as long as a watch is cheap, it's good, eh, jonny? I'll state it again: You have no fucking business on a watch forum. You're the guy who had about six really smart watch collectors explain to you why expensive watches are worth the price, only to have to spit back at 'em, "I don't care, I don't see the difference." Bull fucking shit, Skeezix.

You are, however, the perfect pigeon to join WatchGeeks.net. They talk all about Value-Pays (TM) there, and they have a huge array of sub-$100 watches for you to choose from! Plus, every summer they all save their pennies and get together for a big fish sammich jamboree. You really ought to ask your mom if you can attend, it's loads o' fun!

Image








Like I said, jonny, you're gonna lose.
User avatar
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Posts: 9280
Joined: August 29th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by Horse Feathers » March 20th 2013, 8:06pm

jonnybardo wrote:But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.


Image
Image

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 3056
Joined: July 9th 2012, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Near the motor city..

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by Luftwafflles » March 20th 2013, 11:14pm

jonnybardo wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here. Attacking people for owning Invictas, accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, or even those that do are equally active in it, but it does exist and, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place.

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies - and the fact that you condone it. Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high.

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for.
Jonny, the thing is, I've seen so many guys with your attitude, not just on internet forums, but in the workplace, and just life in general. You come in new. At first you seem like you might be okay, but in short order, you complain and criticize about how the place is run, and about other people that have far more time invested than you. You think the place should change to suit your ways. You act as though you are victimized if it does not. As though someone forces said newb to be there, and even worse, newb thinks the place would fall apart without his unrequested advice. These types never last. Anywhere. It only takes a modicum of intelligence and class to realize, as a newb, it might be wise to kind of shut the fuck up at first, or at least not challenge or insult the status quo. It's called respect. A good example is a newb welcoming a newb in the intro section. A newb has the right, but it is, for want of a better word, unseemly. The new guy on the block is never designated to be the welcome wagon. Anyway, just my take, to each his own..
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.







.
User avatar
codguy
ASSHAT
Posts: 8406
Joined: June 9th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by codguy » March 21st 2013, 3:31am

jonnybardo wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:You brought it on yourself, new guy asking if we are acting "cultish" and "mob" like.

You asked to be accepted and then quickly challenge our behavior.


Yeah, I challenge the assaholic behavior that seems pretty prevalent around here.
That's why I love this place, you on the other hand make me yawn Attacking people for owning Invictas, Renato, Adee Kaye, Field & Stream, Android, Stuhrling Original, SWI, Jacque Lemans, etc. etc. accusing people of being Invicta geeks, etc etc etc. Its an "you're either with us or against us" mentality. I'm not saying everyone participates in it, I think, turns a lot of folks off from the this place. perfect, not everyone is cut out to be a member here

I come here because there's a lot of great watch knowledge here and I appreciate the "wild and wooly" vibe and much of the humor. this is a open forum, you didn't need to join to get educated or enjoy the vibe and humor But I don't appreciate the type of crap that TemerityB's attack on me exemplifies Temerity didn't bloody your lip did he? Its childish macho BS, the type of stuff that happens in junior high. can you get moved to a different school?

By the way, I didn't accuse you or any specific person of cultish/mob behavior, but what was referring to a general tenor here. There's a relatively distinct but basically unspoken code that if you cross, you get attacked for. the swelling will go down if you put some ice on it



I am sorry you didn't get the ribbon and trophy that was handed out here last year (all members received one of each) and to my knowledge there are none left. (place frown face here)


BTW- facebook is calling you.
.

#LETSGOBRANDON

.
User avatar
Kahuna74
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4458
Joined: June 11th 2011, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by Kahuna74 » March 21st 2013, 4:04am

johnnybardo, you are a '-----'! Many of use got sucked in and many of us learned after a couple of stupid purchases from shop and Invicta's crap. We moved on to real watches, so again dud you are a '----'!
Last edited by Anonymous on March 21st 2013, 11:04am, edited 1 time in total.
jonnybardo
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 631
Joined: January 19th 2013, 11:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by jonnybardo » March 21st 2013, 4:19am

conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Frothing At the Mouth


Like I said, jonny, you're gonna lose.


I'm not going to lose because I'm not going to play his game. TemerityB can rant and rave all he want, he can chase whatever windmills he so desires - but after starting to read his post I realized that there's no point in engaging him in anything resembling civil discourse or adult conversation, so I stopped. I don't know the guy from Adam, but what I perceive here is a very angry man, and possibly a delusional paranoid.

Luft, I hear ya - and I apologize if I come off like the new guy trying to change things. Actually, I'm not - or only a little, and only with regards to the most egregious attacks towards actual human beings, which are often misplaced, e.g. TemerityB's vituperative accusations of me as a "WG Troll." It is just utter BS, and delusional paranoia. Why continue it? And why does this community tolerate nasty attacks and insults, especially when they are misplaced or towards someone who isn't a "WG Troll" (if we define that
as an Invictard pretending to be something else)?

Again, I'm not complaining about the criticisms of Invicta or even making fun of the Invicta community, but the strawman tactics, false accusations and ad hominem attacks that can be exemplified by TemerityB's temper tantrums above. I mean, if I actually was some secret undercover agent from the Invicta Hegemony trying to infiltrate your secret little hideout, then sure, attack away. But if you take me at face value, as a relatively recent convert from "Invictaddiction" who now has no taste for them, and you see the continued attacks and false accusations that I get from folks like TemerityB, can you see why I'd want to change that?
User avatar
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time
Posts: 33141
Joined: July 13th 2010, 10:00pm
Contact:

Re: When SWISS means China

Post by conjurer » March 21st 2013, 4:26am

jonnybardo wrote:
conjurer wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Frothing At the Mouth


Like I said, jonny, you're gonna lose.


I'm not going to lose because I'm not going to play his game. TemerityB can rant and rave all he want, he can chase whatever windmills he so desires - but after starting to read his post I realized that there's no point in engaging him in anything resembling civil discourse or adult conversation, so I stopped. I don't know the guy from Adam, but what I perceive here is a very angry man, and possibly a delusional paranoid.

Luft, I hear ya - and I apologize if I come off like the new guy trying to change things. Actually, I'm not - or only a little, and only with regards to the most egregious attacks towards actual human beings, which are often misplaced, e.g. TemerityB's vituperative accusations of me as a "WG Troll." It is just utter BS, and delusional paranoia. Why continue it? And why does this community tolerate nasty attacks and insults, especially when they are misplaced or towards someone who isn't a "WG Troll" (if we define that
as an Invictard pretending to be something else)?

Again, I'm not complaining about the criticisms of Invicta or even making fun of the Invicta community, but the strawman tactics, false accusations and ad hominem attacks that can be exemplified by TemerityB's temper tantrums above. I mean, if I actually was some secret undercover agent from the Invicta Hegemony trying to infiltrate your secret little hideout, then sure, attack away. But if you take me at face value, as a relatively recent convert from "Invictaddiction" who now has no taste for them, and you see the continued attacks and false accusations that I get from folks like TemerityB, can you see why I'd want to change that?


You're calling my pal T a nut? Fuck off, jonny.
Post Reply

Return to “Invicta”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests