how bad can it be?

Watches marketed & sold by Invicta Watch Group
andrema

Re: how bad can it be?

Post by andrema » January 2nd 2013, 3:59pm

Only an asswipe doesn't know what a legendary Russian Diver looks like! Who needs a picture...sheesh
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » January 2nd 2013, 5:40pm

I kinda sorta wish folks would read these things through before the prevailing thought is "Invictas are at Walmart now," because if you look closely, they're really not. That watch, and the Invictas at the Walmart site, aren't being sold through Walmart at all - it's a link-through from another company called Wayfair in a joint marketing venture (notice that line that said "Buy From Marketplace"?):

http://www.wayfair.com/Invictas-Subaqua-Noma-III-Collection-X130292.html

Walmart Marketplace is the same as Amazon Sellers, which allows outside companies to sell through their portals.

I like a nice snarky insult as much as the next guy, but, sheesh, make sure it's merited before slinging the mud. Again: Yeah, its the Walmart website, but you're not actually buying the watch at Walmart. That being noted, as bad as I despise IWG? I'd rather be seeing wearing a thong and a SAN IV than be caught dead in a Walmart.
Last edited by Anonymous on January 2nd 2013, 5:44pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » January 2nd 2013, 5:42pm

TemerityB wrote:I kinda sorta wish folks would read these things through before commenting. That watch, and the Invictas at the Walmart site, aren't being sold through Walmart at all - it's a link-through from another company called Wayfair in a joint marketing venture (notice that line that said "Buy From Marketplace"?):

http://www.wayfair.com/Invictas-Subaqua-Noma-III-Collection-X130292.html

Walmart Marketplace is the same as Amazon Sellers, which allows outside companies to sell through their portals.

I like a nice snarky insult as much as the next guy, but, sheesh, make sure it's merited before slinging the mud.

That's news to me, I didn't know Walmart was doing this, but you have to admit, it's not too far-fetched to think you could see Invicters at Walmart one day.
---
-ajc
theKING

Post by theKING » January 2nd 2013, 6:43pm

TemerityB wrote:
I like a nice snarky insult as much as the next guy, but, sheesh, make sure it's merited before slinging the mud. Again: Yeah, its the Walmart website, but you're not actually buying the watch at Walmart. That being noted, as bad as I despise IWG? I'd rather be seeing wearing a thong and a SAN IV than be caught dead in a Walmart.

It's merited...

[img]Image[/img]

[img]Image[/img]

[img]Image[/img]
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » January 2nd 2013, 7:43pm

Yes, those are indeed Invictas in a Walmart.

Two things I'd never do, all in one place. Granted, serious WGs would counter those are "I By Invicta" watches from their budget line, but hey, Invicta is Invicta.

Have at 'em, King - the proof is right there in the pics.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » January 2nd 2013, 8:03pm

Walmart is missing a golden opportunity to cross-sell. On top of that display case should be a revolving rack of gift cards to places like Long John Silvers and Arby's and the closest endcap should have Cheetos and 4XL stretchpants

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 2nd 2013, 10:21pm

Horse Feathers wrote:Walmart is missing a golden opportunity to cross-sell. On top of that display case should be a revolving rack of gift cards to places like Long John Silvers and Arby's and the closest endcap should have Cheetos and 4XL stretchpants

This made me laugh pretty hard.
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » January 3rd 2013, 2:13am

Horse Feathers wrote:Walmart is missing a golden opportunity to cross-sell. On top of that display case should be a revolving rack of gift cards to places like Long John Silvers and Arby's and the closest endcap should have Cheetos and 4XL stretchpants

You're assuming it's not already like that.
---
-ajc

Return to “Invicta”