Sweet jeebus...166 Invictas

Luftwafflles
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Sweet jeebus...166 Invictas

Post by Luftwafflles » December 28th 2012, 8:08am

One of the geeks just posted a photo of his "collection". I counted 166 watches. Many of them models costing $500-$1200. This guy has spent, at least $50,000 on Invictas. When you guys said this was a mental illness, I thought you were half kidding. You were spot on. Good Lord, what an incredible waste of money.
We called another exterminator to take care of the rat problem in the basement. This one hasn't come out either.

elau
Watchlord WIS

Re: Sweet jeebus...166 Invictas

Post by elau » December 28th 2012, 8:38am

They should make a TV show on them hoarders, the only bad thing will be free advertisement for Inshita.

He does better throwing his money out the window, at least someone more worthy than A-Low benefits with that $50K.
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Watch Noob » December 28th 2012, 8:42am

TemerityB wrote:I love stuff like this. Guy spends 50 large on watch that have no actual real world value whatsoever.

Fools and their money.

Exactly. A lesson I've learned over the years is that when I purchase a reputable brand in good used condition, I can flip it for the same price or close to it if I find I don't enjoy it as much over time. You cannot say the same for TV brands.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » December 28th 2012, 8:55am

Watch Noob wrote:
TemerityB wrote:I love stuff like this. Guy spends 50 large on watch that have no actual real world value whatsoever.

Fools and their money.

Exactly. A lesson I've learned over the years is that when I purchase a reputable brand in good used condition, I can flip it for the same price or close to it if I find I don't enjoy it as much over time. You cannot say the same for TV brands.

The point I'm trying to make exactly. Good heavens, even a 20-year-old quartz Hamilton has real world market value. Think anyone is gonna covet a fucking Sea Spider even three years from now?
Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Post by Falstaff » December 28th 2012, 9:05am

TemerityB wrote:
Watch Noob wrote:

Fools and their money.

The point I'm trying to make exactly. Good heavens, even a 20-year-old quartz Hamilton has real world market value. Think anyone is gonna covet a fucking Sea Spider even three years from now?

...and, to add insult to injury, Invicter discontinues parts for models after 3 years.
"When the music's over, turn out the lights."
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » December 28th 2012, 10:58am

3Flushes wrote:It looks like my old Matchbox car collection. Fools and their money indeed.

Your old Matchbox and Hot Wheels will sell for more. Image
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
jb182
Watchlord WIS

Post by jb182 » December 29th 2012, 5:33am

Watch Noob wrote:

Could not agree more. This is the most important lesson I have learned since joining this forum.
abduksion

Post by abduksion » December 29th 2012, 12:37pm

Watch brands you can buy for $50k

Rolex
Breitling
Patek Philippe
Audemars Piguet
Vacheron Constantin
Oris
Tag Heuer
Seiko
Citizen
Orient
and so on
abduksion

Post by abduksion » December 29th 2012, 3:21pm

Dr.Morningwood wrote:You could probably by the 50k worth of watches now for $2500 from DoD sites or the famous Invicta Runs!!

Oh and not only that, but he added this abortion to his collection:

Those diamonds look like something a 10 year old girl can make with bedazzle beads.
fatman
ASSHAT

Post by fatman » December 30th 2012, 4:36am

DocKlock wrote:I've stared at that watch for almost a minute and I can't see the other hand. Maybe it's hidden behind the other one, but how could you tell the time quickly??

Come on Docklock, you should know by now that it's not about telling the time quickly or even telling the time at all. It's all about impressing friends and people you don't know.
HF
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS

Post by WatchDorks.Net » December 30th 2012, 5:50am

DocKlock wrote:I've stared at that watch for almost a minute and I can't see the other hand. Maybe it's hidden behind the other one, but how could you tell the time quickly??

Foolish morsel! Who uses watches to tell time? That's what cellphones are for. This is all about DA BLING! Playing oneupsmanship versus the other denizens of the trailer park. Shinier is always better.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Return to “Invicta”