Invicta's "Gibeon" Meteorite

jaw
Watchlord WIS

Re: Invicta's "Gibeon" Meteorite

Post by jaw » January 2nd 2013, 10:39am

Hawk wrote:
jaw wrote:UPDATE: Just handed off my OG Meteorite to Koi.

Did it have flame fusion protecting the gibeon?...8<...

Sorry, I don't recall Hawk - I'm thinking sapphire. Pretty sure it was released prior to the industry shaking Flim-Flam Fusion technology. Koi has it so perhaps he can take a look.
Hawk
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Hawk » January 2nd 2013, 1:00pm

jaw wrote:
Hawk wrote:
jaw wrote:UPDATE: Just handed off my OG Meteorite to Koi.

Did it have flame fusion protecting the gibeon?...8<...

Sorry, I don't recall Hawk - I'm thinking sapphire. Pretty sure it was released prior to the industry shaking Flim-Flam Fusion technology. Koi has it so perhaps he can take a look.

Oops. I forgot that flame fusion was relatively recent.

Then again it would have to be recent as the technology to economically fuse, rather than laminate, crystalline and amorphous substances without losing the crystal's physical properties didn't even exist in the 20th century.
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » May 20th 2013, 1:33pm

Actually, gibeon isn't any big deal.

An Arizona firm offers complete watches for under 500.00 with what I believe to be genuine Gibeon dials.

http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com/Meteorite-Watches/

My uneducated guess:

1. Rolex sells primarily through brick and mortar meaning people will actually look at the product and decide if it's worth the "bump". WG is rife with threads whining about the bland nature of their dials - almost like invicter was dumpster-diving Rolex's rejects.

2. Those Rolex I've seen with a significant "Gibeon bump" also included some degree of "diamond hour marker" bumps.

3. The difference in (to offer a semi-related example) stainless steel alloys is measured in dollars per ton. Rolex gets more for their choices of material in a manner totally independent from the market value of that material.

Gibeon, despite its finite quantity, isn't really all that expensive.

What would be expensive is somehow magically imbuing either stainless steel or gold with a "molecular structure".

That's straight out of Star Trek.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Post by elau » May 20th 2013, 3:58pm

Human nature. Everybody wants something better or more than they can afford. When it is not possible to achieve that "thing" their desire becomes hatred. Some people give up and move on, other try harder, and some resort to making up excuses in their heads why their $50 Inshita is just as good if not better than the "real" thing their junk copies from. Geeks belong to the last group. But deep inside they know they are being ridiculed so they flock together to become a force. Kind of like ugly bitches always hang out together, seldom see an ugly woman finds refuge in the drop dead gorgeous crowd.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 20th 2013, 5:01pm

elau wrote:Human nature. Everybody wants something better or more than they can afford. When it is not possible to achieve that "thing" their desire becomes hatred. Some people give up and move on, other try harder, and some resort to making up excuses in their heads why their $50 Inshita is just as good if not better than the "real" thing their junk copies from. Geeks belong to the last group. But deep inside they know they are being ridiculed so they flock together to become a force. Kind of like ugly bitches always hang out together, seldom see an ugly woman finds refuge in the drop dead gorgeous crowd.

Fucking-A elau, that was some heavy shit right there!
Image Image

3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » May 20th 2013, 7:46pm

elau wrote:Human nature. Everybody wants something better or more than they can afford. When it is not possible to achieve that "thing" their desire becomes hatred. Some people give up and move on, other try harder, and some resort to making up excuses in their heads why their $50 Inshita is just as good if not better than the "real" thing their junk copies from. Geeks belong to the last group. But deep inside they know they are being ridiculed so they flock together to become a force. cult. Kind of like ugly bitches always hang out together, seldom see an ugly woman finds refuge in the drop dead gorgeous crowd.

Fixed it for you.
Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.
DoctorIvey
Senior Member & WIS

Post by DoctorIvey » May 21st 2013, 5:23am

koimaster wrote:Bruce Geller
Geology Museum Director Colorado School of Mines
1310 Maple Street
Golden, Colorado 80401

303 273-3823
[email protected]

Most of you know the name Bruce Geller as the man who brought you Mission Impossible and Mannix (one of the most violent detective shows of all time, perhaps only surpassed by hackneyed hack Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer). You probably don't know that he got his start writing for the...wait for it...DuMont network and also contributed scripts to such gems as Have Gun Will Travel and Rawhide.
Rumors that he produced a bug-eyed love child name Sarah Michelle via a tequila-and-meth-fueled binge filming Mork and Mindy while shacked up with guest star Morgan Fairchild are unconfirmed.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » May 21st 2013, 12:01pm

They gots real metorite, real diamonds, real "Swiss Made," real "Limited Edition," real "Reserve," real NASA coins, real watches shot up into outta space, real gifts to the armed forces, real sandstone, real eco-friendly Mother Of Pearl, real D/D modules, real big Today's Top Values, real "Swiss gold layering," real "Once Onlys," real bonded at the molecular level, and a real convicted felon and an actual listee at the Stolen Valor website as the company's spokeman.

It's all shit.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » May 21st 2013, 1:33pm

surferjohn wrote: Whats wrong with making their affordable watches available without representing them as something they are not.

Nothing, but that is not what their customers want. They want to believe they are getting "rare opportunities" to buy $1500 watches for $200 because they are knowledgeable collectors, have exclusive insight through their forum, buy from a company that doesn't advertise on TV or pay celebrities to wear them, have friends on TV that sell them and even provide advance notice to the very best deals and allow them to pay in installments. They are the chosen ones, members of a group of like minded people (perhaps the first time in their lives) who are part of a family that gets once in lifetime opportunities. They hear the talking TV heads telling them to try and find anything like in in a store at the same price, they see and hear the people who own the company and design the products. Sure Hamilton makes an OK watch but I never saw the dude who owns it explain the features, see his boat or smile with glee over the successful recovery of watches launched into space by balloons.

Hater !!
Last edited by Anonymous on May 21st 2013, 3:36pm, edited 2 times in total.

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
JAS1125
Watchlord WIS

Post by JAS1125 » May 21st 2013, 3:34pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
surferjohn wrote: Whats wrong with making their affordable watches available without representing them as something they are not.

Nothing, but that is not what their customers want. They want to believe they are getting "rare opportunities" to by $1500 watches for $200 because they are knowledgeable collectors, have exclusive insight through their forum, buy from a company that doesn't advertise on TV or pay celebrities to wear them, have friends on TV that sell them and even provide advance notice to the very best deals and allow them to pay in installments. They are the chosen ones, members of a group of like minded people (perhaps the first time in their lives) who are part of a family that gets once in lifetime opportunities. They hear the talking TV hear telling them to try and find anything like in in a store at the same price, they see and hear the people who own the company and design the products. Sure Hamilton makes an OK watch but I never saw the dude who owns it explain the features, see his boat or smile with glee over the successful recovery of watches launched into space by balloons.

Hater !!

"Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance"

David Mamet
abduksion

Post by abduksion » May 21st 2013, 6:37pm

surferjohn wrote:I don't own any Invicta products, that's not going to change anytime soon.

Trust me your not missing much. If you ever do buy an Invicta stay within the $100 or less price point.
codguy
ASSHAT

Post by codguy » May 22nd 2013, 3:57am

Horse Feathers wrote:

Nothing, but that is not what their customers want. They want to believe they are getting "rare opportunities" to buy $1500 watches for $200 because they are knowledgeable collectors, have exclusive insight through their forum, buy from a company that doesn't advertise on TV or pay celebrities to wear them, have friends on TV that sell them and even provide advance notice to the very best deals and allow them to pay in installments. They are the chosen ones, members of a group of like minded people (perhaps the first time in their lives) who are part of a family that gets once in lifetime opportunities. They hear the talking TV heads telling them to try and find anything like in in a store at the same price, they see and hear the people who own the company and design the products. Sure Hamilton makes an OK watch but I never saw the dude who owns it explain the features, see his boat or smile with glee over the successful recovery of watches launched into space by balloons.

Nail head, meet hammer!

Nasty

Post by Nasty » May 23rd 2013, 4:56pm

surferjohn wrote:
TemerityB wrote:They gots real metorite, real diamonds, real "Swiss Made," real "Limited Edition," real "Reserve," real NASA coins, real watches shot up into outta space, real gifts to the armed forces, real sandstone, real eco-friendly Mother Of Pearl, real D/D modules, real big Today's Top Values, real "Swiss gold layering," real "Once Onlys," real bonded at the molecular level, and a real convicted felon and an actual listee at the Stolen Valor website as the company's spokeman.

It's all shit.

We need an automated process by which every time certain keywords are used this paragraph pops up just to remind and annoy. Years ago I worked for a publisher and our editorial server got infected with a virus called "Wazzu" (I least I think thats what it was). All this virus did was randomly insert the word wazzu in our publications and it wasn't very funny at the time but looking back its funny now. We need a disclaimer that pops up every time "Invicta" is typed just to reinforce.

Probably an admin panel option here. Image
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » June 26th 2013, 6:06pm

From Erik Twekler who sells watches with meteorite dials.

I cannot tell the difference between this and Muonionalusta meteorite.  The latter is cheaper and more inclined to rust.

This looks like it could be Gibeon or Muonionalusta.  The cost of the raw material to make such a watch face is not great for either one of these.  For Gibeon, it's probably on the order of $10 or less.  Sometimes people plate meteorite with gold or other things, partly to prevent rusting

John from Arizona skies

Hello and thanks. Personally, we would avoid anything coming out of china, HK, etc and especially anything plated with gold or any other metal.

-John

Alex at Watchwerks in Portland looked at the dial for me. It seems that the dial had a bit of rust on the edge which was cleaned before I could stop it. Also, the so called meteorite is paper thin. I mean paper thin.

And now the lemmings are falling for the new revised history and calling the cut and paste king a "prof".

http://issuu.com/watchlords.com/docs/meteortie_june_2013

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » June 27th 2013, 4:21am

Gawd! That link to the meteorite post is unbelievable. They are not geeks, but zombies.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
Tzimisces

Post by Tzimisces » June 27th 2013, 12:26pm

I too would like to see an Invicta expedition to find a new source for dials. 

I'll bet the Ali Baba Fulfillment Center Warehouse is huge.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » October 5th 2020, 9:10pm

Even today, I am sure Invicta is still selling pure shit wrapped in tall tales and raging misrepresentations.

The difference now is that I enjoy watching the marks get hornswaggled. Fuck 'em.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Invicta”