Reply from Swiss Federation RE: Invicta misrepresentation

BigCheez
ASSHAT

Reply from Swiss Federation RE: Invicta misrepresentation

Post by BigCheez » July 6th 2010, 8:38am

From BDWF:

Dear Sir,

We thank you for your message regarding INVICTA and for your interest in the Swiss watch industry.

For several reasons, we know this brand very well. Our federation protects the Swiss geographical indications all over the world. Unfortunately, some countries and companies have rather to be considered as careless regarding the enforcement of intellectual property rights and especially the use of geographical indications.

We would appreciate if you could send us some more information (pictures etc.) about the models or the advertisements which attest, in this specific case and in your opinion, the abuse of the geographical indication “Swiss”. This would make it easier to intervene….

Best regards

Yves Bugmann

Federation of the Swiss Watch Industry FH

Yves Bugmann

Head of Legal Division

CH-2501 Bienne

Envoyé : lundi, 5. juillet 2010 20:57
À : info@fhs.ch
Objet : Message du site public

Message du site public
Service concerné :
--------------------------------------------------------

After all the lieing being done by Invicta, are you filing any legal action for them to cease with thier false labeling of thier watches? Or contacted the US customs to complain? The Real Swiss watch industry is being harmed by this company. thanks for your attention, Paul

Bigjimzlll
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1043975795

Re: Reply from Swiss Federation RE: Invicta misrepresentation

Post by Bigjimzlll » July 6th 2010, 8:56am

foghorn wrote:Unfortunately,since Invicta isn't a Swiss company and there is no copyright on the word Swiss, nothing can be done
Sleazy and underhanded? -YES.
Illegal?- I doubt it.

This may open the door for the "Swiss Made" watches though...
Watch Noob
Founding Member - WIS

Post by Watch Noob » July 6th 2010, 9:15am

With Inflicta being in the limelight now due to all the exposure of their lies, I would like to see addtional follow-up on this. It will be interesting to read what the Federation states on this issue.

I think Mr. Bugmann pretty much summed up his response by stating the following: "For several reasons, we know this brand very well."

Post by Guest » July 6th 2010, 1:16pm

While this would be wonderful and right in many ways for Invicta to get a much needed spanking, I don't think anyone has proven that an Invicta watch with the words "Swiss Made" has had a bogus movt in it.....so far.

Unless I missed it, the only issue I have noted was with the word "Swiss" on the dial having a chinese movt in it. All it would take is for someone to open up one of the so called reserve pieces and find a chinese movt inside. Then I think there would be some cause.

LIES ALL LIES!!!
Senior Member & WIS

Post by LIES ALL LIES!!! » July 6th 2010, 1:55pm

Good idea but wrong agency. The "Swiss" designation only applies to Swiss Federation members which Invicta is not a part of.

However, US Customs would be the right agency to contact as the dials and/or caseback must be labeled with the movement's country of origin. In this case it was misrepresented as Swiss but was Chinese.
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » July 6th 2010, 2:07pm

Watchnublet wrote:While this would be wonderful and right in many ways for Invicta to get a much needed spanking, I don't think anyone has proven that an Invicta watch with the words "Swiss Made" has had a bogus movt in it.....so far.

Unless I missed it, the only issue I have noted was with the word "Swiss" on the dial having a chinese movt in it. All it would take is for someone to open up one of the so called reserve pieces and find a chinese movt inside. Then I think there would be some cause.

I'm tempted to open my Swiss Made Bolt ........

Post by Guest » July 8th 2010, 7:21pm

I was the one that posted that reply, and also included pics of a "swiss" lupah marked "swiss chronograph" and the back plate, but the movement said swiss parts.......the silver chinese version of the 5040d.........they told me "this" forum is not for personal crusades..........I quit. The federation swings some power and could ban infectya from using "swiss made".......that would really screw up thier program[img][/img] now if i could figure out how to upload the pics, id show ya..........
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » July 8th 2010, 7:44pm

GEEKNOMO wrote:I was the one that posted that reply, and also included pics of a "swiss" lupah marked "swiss chronograph" and the back plate, but the movement said swiss parts.......the silver chinese version of the 5040d.........they told me "this" forum is not for personal crusades..........I quit. The federation swings some power and could ban infectya from using "swiss made".......that would really screw up thier program[img][/img] now if i could figure out how to upload the pics, id show ya..........

get a free photobucket account. after you sign in you can upload photos to photobucket. from there copy and paste the bottom code to the forum reply

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » August 21st 2019, 8:33pm

koimaster wrote:
August 21st 2019, 9:03am
For old tymes sake

In my mind's eye, this very moment was the beginning of the end of the long-running Invicta "Swiss" scam. Right after this happened and the word started getting out, the word "Swiss" began appearing less and less on Invicta watches and their TV spiels started focusing on anything but Swissiness. They were caught, they were spanked, and they had to change. Invicta was called fake Swiss by the FH, right there for all the world to see.

So, a new strategy - Invicta replaced "Hey, Swiss!" slowly, first by offering even dress-style watches with stupid plastic dive cases ("Hey, that's a $55 value, and you get it free with your watch!"), and then by simply doing tie-ins, just like kids' cereals (when you come to think of it, Invicta really is the Cocoa Puffs of the watch world - no nutrition, and if you get too much of 'em, you're gonna get sick).

So what is Invicta today? Using stuff that isn't their crap watches to gain "credibility." First you had Jason Taylor coming in as an endorsee, tho I think anyone who wasn't a Dolphins could have given a flying shit. Then, the tie-ins came fast and furious: Watches with "The Deadliest Catch." Watches tied in to Pirates Of The Caribbean. Watches with Popeye and Betty Boop (hey, you old fucking fossil!). Watches with Marvel and DC characters somehow associated with them. And, most recently, an actual NFL tie-in. Hey gang, we're all out of New England Patriots, but you Carolina Panthers fans still have a shot!

Let's not even talk about a "cologne" line that somehow is supposed to make you smell like Invicta. One's called Invicta Yellow. Seriously.

This is Invicta today - just cheap toys on top of Chinese-made toys, and nothing a full grown adult, save softies who'd collect 800 of 'em like pacerguy would be caught dead wearing. Swiss? Who cares, says Invicta - we know who our audience is, and it's softer than a 12-pack of Twinkees.

Looka me, Mom - my watch has The Hulk on it. I'm tough just like the Hulk! Mom ... ? Ma!!!!!!

Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » August 22nd 2019, 5:13pm

I almost forgot them "big time" celebs they got to get paid to do absolutely nothing endorse watches they had little to actually do with: Actresses Eva Longoria and Gabrielle Union (that lasted about nine seconds) and another NFL guy whose name escapes me that used to sit at the desk and basically say duhhhh.
Buying a hat doesn't make you a cowboy.

Return to “Invicta”