Where Stührling Watches Are Made – And What Makes Them Great

koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Where Stührling Watches Are Made – And What Makes Them Great

Post by koimaster » April 26th 2019, 4:22pm

Stührling watches are made with precision and care. That’s why we’ve been around for over fifteen years.

Now, for the first time, we’re ready to pull back the curtain and reveal where our watches are made—and what makes them a favorite of so many wrists.

The design and development of our timepieces takes place in our Park Slope mothership in Brooklyn, NY. Long before it was hip to call yourself a Brooklynite, we were connecting with Stührling owners around the world through our ongoing digital dialogue to refine designs and ensure satisfaction on wrists everywhere. But when it comes to manufacturing our designs, we went to the same place that Apple, Bose, Sony, and other market-leaders turned to: Shenzhen.

Simply put, the world-class manufacturing capabilities found in this part of China’s Guangdong province rivals (actually, surpasses) everywhere from Silicon Valley to Stuttgart in terms of quality, performance, and value. For a generation that cares more about how something is made rather than where it’s made, brands looking to deliver both maximum quality and value don’t have to look farther than Shenzhen.

By now you’re probably wondering why a client list full of top-tier tech brands would be of interest to a company in the business of classically inspired timepieces—not to mention the movements that power them. And though our skeleton watches, divers, and tourbillons thrill in the same way as the latest tech accessories do, the core designs and “technology” of watches have remained pretty much unchanged for almost three centuries. But despite having the whole world to choose from, Stührling opted for Shenzhen—the Switzerland of world-class manufacturing and the perfect place to launch a watch brand that would go on to disrupt the industry.

https://www.stuhrling.com/where-stuhrli ... -are-made/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Where Stührling Watches Are Made – And What Makes Them G

Post by AlbertaTime » April 29th 2019, 6:43am

kevco wrote:"Stührling opted for Shenzhen—the Switzerland of world-class manufacturing and the perfect place to launch a watch brand that would go on to disrupt the industry."

Huh?

I wondered at that, too--until I understood that, like Switzerland is mecca for watch building (as long as one ignores Germany), Shenzhen is mecca for large-scale modern manufacturing. That's not an unreasonable claim, especially if one includes the entire Shenzhen-Zhuhai-Guangzhou triumvirate.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
kevco
Master of Time

Post by kevco » April 29th 2019, 9:10am

AlbertaTime wrote:
kevco wrote:"Stührling opted for Shenzhen—the Switzerland of world-class manufacturing and the perfect place to launch a watch brand that would go on to disrupt the industry."

Huh?

I wondered at that, too--until I understood that, like Switzerland is mecca for watch building (as long as one ignores Germany), Shenzhen is mecca for large-scale modern manufacturing. That's not an unreasonable claim, especially if one includes the entire Shenzhen-Zhuhai-Guangzhou triumvirate.

Ron I think the part that confused me about the above statement is the part that said "a watch brand that would go on to disrupt the industry."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 29th 2019, 9:33am

biglove wrote:Sturhling disrupts my bowels when I look at them.

Well said. When I see a captain of industry wearing a watch with many complications, I assume the watch is a VC or A. Lange.

When I see Pete from the Jiffylube pit wearing a watch with many complications, I assume the watch is a SO.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » April 29th 2019, 12:08pm

kevco wrote:
AlbertaTime wrote:

Huh?

Ron I think the part that confused me about the above statement is the part that said "a watch brand that would go on to disrupt the industry."

I think in some senses they did. They were early on the Chinese tourbillon game, and I think in many ways they were important in ushering in the micro brand revolution. Stuhrling made it clear that a smaller, non-Swiss/German, company could write an entertaining story and become profitable if they manufactured in China.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » April 30th 2019, 7:38am

World class is such an oxymoronic phrase
Since we have such a class running our country, elite is another
My bowels get disrupted when people use words with no meaning.
This watch and other micro... now major brands... including Invicta
When worn by people in fancy dress, are no better that clones to me.
Guy wearing a 700 dollar suit, perfumed and scarf... sporting an Invicta....
What a scene. Saw it last week at a funeral... can’t get it out of my mind
Was degrading
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Re: Where Stührling Watches Are Made – And What Makes Them Great

Post by TemerityB » August 11th 2019, 5:02pm

You guys are such haters! A watch expert on some other website tells us differently:

I have come to think of this watch -- the "Ricochet" -- as Stuhrling's most stunning, despite the fact that it's pretty much a copy of the Hamilton "Ventura," which, in itself, was/is one of the most amazing watch builds in the history of Horology.

:wink:
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » August 12th 2019, 8:42am

These wartches are made. Why they are so stunning that I've always believed they just materialized out of thin air. Learn something new everyday in this joint.

I begged you not to go but you said goodbye
Now you're telling me all your lies
I hear you knockin' but you can't come in
I hear you knockin' go back where you been

You better get back to your used to be
Now this song's stuck in my head Gosh Damn you T
I hear you knockin' but you can't la la
la la la hmm hmm l

I told you way back in '52

GODDAMMIT
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » August 12th 2019, 8:53am

Well we made the big time again for the 6th time. This thread made it to Secret of Watches blog.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 12th 2019, 9:52pm

TemerityB wrote:
August 12th 2019, 6:01pm
Frankly, I've always believed that SO's lavish HQ in scenic Brooklyn belies the fine Swiss quality of their one-of-a-kind wares.

Stührling Original 449 20th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215-6247, as depicted on Google Maps.
I could well imagine Larry Magen passed out in that doorway, with his trousers around his ankles.
Cream rises to the top while jackoffs only leave puddles of rancid jizz.

--Temerity, regarding Bazinga!.
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » August 13th 2019, 5:10am

TemerityB wrote:
August 12th 2019, 6:01pm
Frankly, I've always believed that SO's lavish HQ in scenic Brooklyn belies the fine Swiss quality of their one-of-a-kind wares.

Stührling Original 449 20th Street Brooklyn, NY 11215-6247, as depicted on Google Maps.

I think Gemnation is there too.

Return to “Invicta”