Deep Blue Master Explorer

Post your watch reviews here
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Re: Deep Blue Master Explorer

Post by eddiea » July 1st 2012, 2:26am

spanky1 wrote:At Some Point DB needs to lose there free pass on this forum. Too much dirt on their there porch steps to deserve such accolades. Take off the blinders WL Stepford Wives. It's all Chinese.

Drama, controversy and a bit of bullshit seems to be common denominators in most, if not all micros ... from Stan Betesh's Deep Blue water resistant unproven claims , Mitch Feig's Ocean7 erratic and at times plain nasty, costumer service, Jenny's Doxa general bullshit or Michael Kobold's poser extraordinaire persona...they all seems belong in some kind of watch, soap opera....
Nothing wrong with Chinese made components (especially the Hong Kong variety)if the QA is there, believe all micros tap into those common components in one way or another to a certain degree, don't believe any of these brands had claim Swiss origins ever...and to me, is all about how much Im willing to pay for basically the same shit across the board..and again, to me DB got the best bang for the buck, bar none...
That been said, Micros are just Micros, if I want something really special (like I do now) I set my goal into a JLC Master Compressor....
spanky1

Post by spanky1 » July 1st 2012, 6:28pm

@mortuus: Many of my watches have Chinese cases etc. Just the nature of the beast. I used to be a huge DB Kool-Aid drinker. After purchasing a few of Stan's inferior models I started to hold them accountable. Some DB's are a good bang for the buck. Many of the newer models are nothing more than rebranded chinese ebay clones.
I think Stan is all over the board with his newer models. It's difficult for me to find the Love to Spend 500.00 plus on his better grade of watches. DB watches and a box of chocolates.
jaw
Watchlord WIS

Post by jaw » July 1st 2012, 7:04pm

spanky1 wrote:At Some Point DB needs to lose there free pass on this forum. Too much dirt on their there porch steps to deserve such accolades. Take off the blinders WL Stepford Wives. It's all Chinese.

No free pass from me. I've stated here before the window of opportunity for a Deep Blue of great value has closed. No more COSC regulation on a non-COSC watch, consistent fit/finish, cut free components, or consistent quality across a given model run. All gone, now it's hit or miss. The good CS is still there, but you have to be able to repair and return a watch to sustain longevity. His CS biz model of just replace the whole thing can only last so long. DB is for a narrow range of nascent collectors that just can't afford what they really want - and that's ok. I was one of them but have since moved on.
Watch Noob
Founding Member

Post by Watch Noob » May 13th 2013, 3:47pm

looks great Eddie. I took mine (thanks again Alain), on vaca to my parent house a few weeks ago.

Thinking of throwing the bracelet on there just to see how bad it is (based on reviews read here at WL's).

The strap that it came on is like butta though so I'm sure it won't be on long.
Drifter on Watchlords
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » December 17th 2013, 12:24pm

Watch Noob wrote:looks great Eddie. I took mine (thanks again Alain), on vaca to my parent house a few weeks ago.

Thinking of throwing the bracelet on there just to see how bad it is (based on reviews read here at WL's).

The strap that it came on is like butta though so I'm sure it won't be on long.

Jim,

what are your long term thoughts on this watch. I hated to part with it but it went to a good home and it gets to travel too. :D

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
hcharles
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 1081120685253371

Post by hcharles » December 18th 2013, 3:14pm

Stan jumped the shark with his watches, now just another tv brand.
Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine. Abraham lincoln
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED
Facebook ID: 0

Post by Horse Feathers » December 18th 2013, 4:24pm

hcharles wrote:Stan jumped the shark with his watches, now just another tv brand.

Unfortunately I have to agree, when he sold Panatime it looks like he went all in to be a bigger player on ShopNBC and that meant playing to the geeks.

Glad I bought when I did as most of his stuff now is overpriced, oversized and plays to the WG crowds taste.

He knows he fucked up

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » January 9th 2014, 12:09pm

Horse Feathers wrote:
hcharles wrote:Stan jumped the shark with his watches, now just another tv brand.

Unfortunately I have to agree, when he sold Panatime it looks like he went all in to be a bigger player on ShopNBC and that meant playing to the geeks.
Glad I bought when I did as most of his stuff now is overpriced, oversized and plays to the WG crowds taste.
He knows he fucked up

Agreed...
Stan was told that "greed for lack of a better word is good, greed is right, greed works"...Unfortunately, they forgot to tell him that Gordon Gekko, is a fictional character from the 80's.

Return to “Watch Reviews”