- Founding Member
- Posts: 7509
- Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Movement: High Grade Caliber Japanese Miyota 9015 Automatic
Crown: Screw Down
Case Measurements: 45mm
Case Thickness: 16.5mm
Water Resistance: 100 ATM - 1000 meters - 3300 feet
24mm Lug Width
Pictures (Note: Watch pictured with 24mm black Panatime Strap with yellow contrasting stitching)
* 45mm Case size is a great size for me personally. I prefer 43-47mm case sizes.
* Dial is a nice vibrant yellow, sporty with a nice sunburst type pattern that has some depth to it.
* Hands tend to blend in a bit with the numeral markers. They are outlined in black, but as I get older it's nice to have the entire hands as a contrasting color for ease of visibility.
* Lume. Initial impression is very nice. The hands, number markers and bezel all lume up. The Bezel is actually brighter than the rest. I haven't estimated the time before fade, so I'll keep an eye on that. Overall initial impression is very good, but the hands are a bit harder to read as the bezel lume is so bright.
* The case is a nice brushed stainless steel construction.
* Crown is a screw down. Nice size, easy to grip with the deep grooves.
* Winding of the 9015 seems to be smooth. Reserve is supposed to be in the neighborhood of 48 hrs. Not an issue for me as I usually change watches daily.
* Bezel is a 90 click unidirectional, extremely smooth, easy to grip operation. Very little slop in the bezel was also noted.
* Helium escape valve is present, it will never be used by this guy.
* Movement is a Miyota 9015 28,8K vibes/hr. The sweeping of the seconds hand is extremely smooth. No stutters on this. This is my first 9015 so I'm not very familiar with the movement.
* The watch with the Panatime strap is very comfortable. I've read a lot of negatives on the DB bracelets, so I will change it to bracelet to see what my thoughts are. The watch at 45mm does not rock back and forth on my 7 1/2-7 3/4 inch wrist. The case thickness at 16.5mm may present an issue if chosen to wear under one of my dress shirts, I will have to see. I'm impressed with the depth rating to case thickness ratio. Is it really 1000M resistant? That has yet to be determined (reference older threads here).
Summary: I'll hold out on this until I wear this a few days. Initial impressions are surprisingly good. I'm not a DB fanboi to say the least. I didn't want to like this watch. I asked Alain for a trade so that I could evaluate a DB first hand without shelling out cash and he ended up just sending it to me, which was very generous. This model and the Alpha500 are the few of the DB's I like in terms of design. MORE TO COME.....