Patek Philippe Nautilus

Luxury and Independent Watch brands
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Patek Philippe Nautilus

Post by koimaster » May 29th 2021, 11:48pm

My earliest encounter in the flesh with the Patek Philippe Nautilus was somewhere in the early 2000s. Probably 2002 or 2003. Of course, I knew about the watch and read about it, but it was a rare thing. The Nautilus 5711/1A hadn’t even been introduced yet.

In those years, every Thursday, I found myself in this bar-restaurant to meet up with Gerard and some of his friends. At the time Gerard was the owner of a watch shop in The Hague (he hates the word boutique, but these days it would have been called a boutique) and the other guys, were all entrepreneurs in different fields. I was still a student, but besides my typical — then — student’s attire consisting of striped Ralph Lauren shirts, khaki pair of pants, and a pair of brown brogues, there was little I did to be a student. Oh, and let’s not forget about the money mullet I had at the time. I once showed a picture to Mike Stockton and he’s still referring to my lavish student’s mullet with quite some jealousy. Anyway, the other guys of the Thursday evening gang were a bit older than me (I guess in their late 30s, early 40s). Those were great and memorable evenings. It felt a bit like an act in the Sopranos to be honest, without the tracksuits.

https://www.fratellowatches.com/patek-p ... adio-star/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."

Return to “Luxury & Independent Watchmakers”