MaisonCeladon Yue Fei

Luxury and Independent Watch brands
koimaster (Online)
Founder

MaisonCeladon Yue Fei

Post by koimaster » April 14th 2021, 11:56pm

MaisonCeladon isn't a brand with many customer reviews available,

I purchased the Yue Fei in Obsidian
The quality is amazing, the workmanship is second to none, and the small details maketh the experience very satisfying indeed, the packaging is very well sort out, with a leather box resembling the Yue Fei's octagonal crown (which takes one person a full day to CNC mill and polish then hand brush , honestly it's a small work of art in itself,
The warranty card is a metal engraved note again hand brushed, the second hand is a lesson to other brands in attention to detail, as it's also has a liked dot,
The weight of the case alone is 105g and again all polished by hand, and hand polished in the top case sides,
The main hands are double faceted and lumed in a sexy blue, I've had more expensive watches before but this really is exquisitely made and finished you would think it's a £3000 watch, even people in Rolex and high horology FB groups have given it the nod of approval,
If there's one thing I'd like to see changed on future models it's that the strap was different, the current one is hybrid a mixture of rubber on the bottom and hand stitched leather on the top, and although it's good quality, I'm a bit old school and would've preferred either Leather, rubber or Shark, although Stingray is available at an extra cost, and the second thing is, for what your getting overall, all the handmade brushed, fittings and workmanship the overall cost is amazing value but not expensive enough, and if the MaisonCeladon Yue Fei was Swiss it would be

Also credit where credit is due, to Benjamin Chee, on his products, his dedication to bring an exceptional product to the market, the workmanship in his Watches, and the overall experience of purchasing as a customer and becoming part of the MaisonCeladon Family,
Also the Yue Fei is strictly limited to 50 in each colour, at $995 it's an absolute steal

https://www.watchprosite.com/watchtech/ ... .11032751/

I just noticed the lugs do not curve, a non starter for me

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Re: MaisonCeladon Yue Fei

Post by jason_recliner » April 15th 2021, 3:11am

Hands look pretty cheap, indices are nothing special. If you're going to rave about the finish then use a real camera not a piece of shit phone. The polish is barely discernable in most pics and where it is visible it doesn't look like anything special. The case looks like it was machined in tech class.

This resembles literally nothing they are selling:

https://celadonhh.com/pages/our-movements

In summary: get fucked you fucking stupid shill fuck.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
AlbertaTime
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by AlbertaTime » April 15th 2021, 6:58am

I know Ben and Beijing Watch Factory made all the movements in his first watches, I also know that he arranged and paid for extra quality control on the movements he purchased from them. I'll also add that Ben used Beijing after asking me about them, and no one in China that I knew of was making better movements at the time.

The Suzhou silk used in Maison Celadon watch dials is high end, from one of Suzhou's very top silk studios, and I visited the place that was done, with Ben. As well, Master Xu Yaonan (seen working on that tourbillon--that Mr. Xu designed) did design the double escapement CG24 movement that Ben used in one of his models.

Similarly, the cloisonne enamel technique shown in the video is the technique used on Ben's watches with those dials, and it's an exacting technique. Just laying the gold properly can take a couple of weeks or more, by someone skilled (I visited a workshop where that's done, but not with Ben). It's a much more exacting (and expensive) technique compared to the champleve technique used in most other and less attractive (but still attractive) similar-looking enamel watches.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » April 16th 2021, 4:29pm

jason_recliner wrote:
April 15th 2021, 3:11am
Hands look pretty cheap, indices are nothing special. If you're going to rave about the finish then use a real camera not a piece of shit phone. The polish is barely discernable in most pics and where it is visible it doesn't look like anything special. The case looks like it was machined in tech class.

This resembles literally nothing they are selling:

https://celadonhh.com/pages/our-movements

In summary: get fucked you fucking stupid shill fuck.
^^^That

Doesn't look at all to be on par with their other watches; the lack of curved lugs makes it look clunky when worn. The pic looks like you could drive a Mac truck through the gap between the lugs and the guy's wrist.
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
jason_recliner (Online)
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » April 16th 2021, 4:45pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
April 15th 2021, 6:58am
I know Ben and Beijing Watch Factory made all the movements in his first watches, I also know that he arranged and paid for extra quality control on the movements he purchased from them. I'll also add that Ben used Beijing after asking me about them, and no one in China that I knew of was making better movements at the time.

The Suzhou silk used in Maison Celadon watch dials is high end, from one of Suzhou's very top silk studios, and I visited the place that was done, with Ben. As well, Master Xu Yaonan (seen working on that tourbillon--that Mr. Xu designed) did design the double escapement CG24 movement that Ben used in one of his models.

Similarly, the cloisonne enamel technique shown in the video is the technique used on Ben's watches with those dials, and it's an exacting technique. Just laying the gold properly can take a couple of weeks or more, by someone skilled (I visited a workshop where that's done, but not with Ben). It's a much more exacting (and expensive) technique compared to the champleve technique used in most other and less attractive (but still attractive) similar-looking enamel watches.
I'm just a poor bogan with kangaroos on my driveway. I don't know much about silk or dial enamel techniques. What I do know is the movements shown in the video bare no resemblance to the watch in question. And even prisoners can machine and finish a crown in less than a day.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » April 16th 2021, 5:20pm

I know the quality of things I have seen with my own two eyes, and I agree with Alain (and, it appears 3F) that the Yue Fei design would have been better served with curves (or downward angles) at the lugs.

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » April 16th 2021, 11:07pm

AlbertaTime wrote:
April 16th 2021, 5:20pm
I know the quality of things I have seen with my own two eyes, and I agree with Alain (and, it appears 3F) that the Yue Fei design would have been better served with curves (or downward angles) at the lugs.
I meant, you know, like a Matchbox or Hot Wheels Mac truck- I've liked several others very much but this one just doesn't appear to me to rate with his other work..
^^^Copyright ©️ 2020 3flushes Media.^^^
AlbertaTime
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » April 17th 2021, 12:34am

3Flushes wrote:
April 16th 2021, 11:07pm
I meant, you know, like a Matchbox or Hot Wheels Mac truck- I've liked several others very much but this one just doesn't appear to me to rate with his other work..
That's fair, for sure.

Return to “Luxury & Independent Watchmakers”