The Mouse King

Luxury and Independent Watch brands
koimaster
Founder

The Mouse King

Post by koimaster » August 28th 2020, 2:03pm

While the world of haute horlogerie is filled with unique and dramatic designs, few brands are as creative or playful as Konstantin Chaykin. Most famous for its series of pareidolia-focused watches with literal faces such as the Joker, the brand consistently maintains a lighthearted tone to its exploration of ultra-luxury boutique watchmaking. For its latest limited edition release, Konstantin Chaykin takes this train of thought even further, offering a unique timepiece with not just a face, but ears as well, and a bejeweled gold royal crown at 12 o’clock to complete the look. Inspired by the villainous character from the classic Tchaikovsky ballet “The Nutcracker,” the limited edition Konstantin Chaykin Mouse King might be an unusual release outside of the Christmas season, but the creativity and craftsmanship on display is undeniably impressive.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/konstantin ... OBwZ1lwXsc

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke (Online)
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: The Mouse King

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 28th 2020, 2:32pm

The Konstantin Chaykin designs are - to put it mildly - absolutely fucking horrible. This? This isn't just absolutely fucking horrible, it's that plus vomit-inducing grotesque.
You cannot explain away a wantonly immoral act, because you think that it is connected to some higher purpose.
Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Star Trek: The Next Generation
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » August 28th 2020, 10:38pm

That watch is clearly exceptionally well made.

I wouldn't touch it if it was $50 with a free carton of Luckys.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » August 29th 2020, 6:23am

Growing up I had a Dentist named Dr. Chaykin so I have a bad taste in my mouth for a watch named that.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”

Return to “Luxury & Independent Watchmakers”