Vacheron Constantin FiftySix

Luxury and Independent Watch brands
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder

Vacheron Constantin FiftySix

Post by koimaster » December 17th 2018, 4:14pm

The Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Complete Calendar is inspired by a 1950s Vacheron Constantin model, the reference 6073. However, as Angus Davies explains, this paragon of fine watchmaking is not a facsimile of a former great, but a timeless watch imbued with peerless craftsmanship and an impressive automatic movement, relevant to a modern-day audience.

As a young boy, I recall my father saying that the music at the time was ‘not as good as in my day’. My grandmother talked about ‘food tasting better in her day’. On the face of it, everything seemed better in times gone by.

Now I am older, I reminisce about the ‘good old days’ and look back at my youth through rose-tinted glasses. The fact is, while some aspects of life have deteriorated, many things have improved. There is merit in revisiting the past, reinterpreting what has gone before, but embracing the new and the advancement it confers.

I am reminded of this scenario when I look at the Vacheron Constantin FiftySix collection. The Genevan watch company has delved into its history, reappraised the reference 6073, a model from the 1950s, and conceived an array of new watches applicable to a modern-day audience.

https://www.escapementmagazine.com/arti ... ndar.html/

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Vacheron Constantin FiftySix

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » December 17th 2018, 4:19pm

I like it. The steel version is erection-inducing.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
TemerityB
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Vacheron Constantin FiftySix

Post by TemerityB » December 17th 2018, 7:23pm

Sleek, serious, a movement to die for, and a tight-as-a-drum merger of old and new school. I'll never afford it, but that doesn't mean I can't dream. I can't even imagine what that looks like in real time.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Luxury & Independent Watchmakers”