Bring it on!

Pit46
Facebook ID: 0

I hoped for a warmer welcome XD

Post by Pit46 » September 8th 2019, 8:01am

Hi guys, it's Peter here :)

Just joined this forum and wrongly posted the introduction in another thread.
Whatever...I'm a new watch enthusiast mainly interested in microbrands (Baltic, Unimatic, etc...).

Hope to bring something new into this forum, share my passion and find interesting stuff :)
Falstaff
Watchlord WIS

Re: I hoped for a warmer welcome XD

Post by Falstaff » September 8th 2019, 8:49am

Yep, some days are like that. Don't take it to heart. We have frequently provided welcomes so sublimely warm that they've turned a new member's words into ashes in his mouth and sent him weeping bitter tears back to whatever dreary hamlet or hog wallow from which he foolishly dared to set out to see the big wide world. Poor misbegotten bastards...but they were delicious. Oh - and by the way, a hearty Watchlords' welcome to you, sir! Follow the steady blue line to your next destination.
"Open the pod bay doors, Hal." "I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » September 8th 2019, 9:15am

This is no microbrand haven; I for one, detest all this Kickstarter falderal.

It is, however, just one man's opinion. Welcome. Bring whatcha got.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
MAX (Online)
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by MAX » September 8th 2019, 9:44am

Nothing wrong with microbrands as long as you know what you are buying. Good way to learn.

Put on your thick skin and stick around.
NRPI here.

“Begin at the beginning," the King said, very gravely, "and go on till you come to the end: then stop.”
svaglic
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by svaglic » September 8th 2019, 9:53am

I looked up Unimatic and there are some decent looking watches and some not so ones. I’m not sure which one you have.
A google search for Kustom didn’t help. I caught a glimpse before it wanted my email.
To be honest, I didn’t care for it. I don’t like the build your own watches and what was shown didn’t look that decent. Seiko has too many options and available mod stores, like Yobokies and Dagaz, at decent prices. Seiko is just hard to beat for price, looks, options and quality for most people to venture into something that costs more and is unproven.

I have a few micro’s and I am interested in seeing more. Welcome.

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”