Hi from the UK

oldoak
Facebook ID: 0

Hi from the UK

Post by oldoak » February 17th 2018, 5:35pm

Hi, just joined and saying hello.
I'm in the UK, and enjoy collecting and learning about watches and make knives in my spare time.

Here's one I made earlier,

And one of my watches...

And the Captain, Freddie....

So hi from here, and see you around.
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: Hi from the UK

Post by koimaster » February 17th 2018, 5:40pm

Welcome to the forum. Good taste in watches and the knive looks god as well. Freddie reminds me of a couple of long passed springers, lady and shamus.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 17th 2018, 6:04pm

Welcome to the asylum, sir..you will be assimilated..resistance is futile..btw, your knife appears to be inspired by the Bowie...is that correct?
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 17th 2018, 8:50pm

Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

Like the blade-work- I have two Damascus blades, nice patterns, but I really like the one on yours-Never seen it before- I didn't major in knives- is the pattern your own, traditional...??? Whataya call it? Where can I get one? I can spend all the way up to $19 USD.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
oldoak

Post by oldoak » February 18th 2018, 1:21am

3Flushes wrote:Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

Like the blade-work- I have two Damascus blades, nice patterns, but I really like the one on yours-Never seen it before- I didn't major in knives- is the pattern your own, traditional...??? Whataya call it? Where can I get one? I can spend all the way up to $19 USD.

Hi glad you like the pattern. It’s stainless Damascus made by a company called Damasteel. The pattern is called Odins Eye!
$19 would be far too much 😀
oldoak

Post by oldoak » February 18th 2018, 1:26am

Thunder1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum, sir..you will be assimilated..resistance is futile..btw, your knife appears to be inspired by the Bowie...is that correct?

Yes it is a Bowie inspired knife, made a few a few years ago.
Thanks for the welcome 🙂
oldoak

Post by oldoak » February 18th 2018, 1:29am

koimaster wrote:Welcome to the forum. Good taste in watches and the knive looks god as well. Freddie reminds me of a couple of long passed springers, lady and shamus.

Thanks for the welcome.
Gotta love ‘spanner’s’ bet they were fun dogs, good memories I bet!
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by 3Flushes » February 18th 2018, 2:32am

oldoak wrote:
3Flushes wrote:Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

Hi glad you like the pattern. It’s stainless Damascus made by a company called Damasteel. The pattern is called Odins Eye!

Thanks- I'm going to find something made with that.

*I hope it's his good eye*
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
Thunder1
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 18th 2018, 10:28am

oldoak wrote:
Thunder1 wrote:Welcome to the asylum, sir..you will be assimilated..resistance is futile..btw, your knife appears to be inspired by the Bowie...is that correct?

Yes it is a Bowie inspired knife, made a few a few years ago.
Thanks for the welcome 🙂

You have good taste, sir..I own a Samuel Bell made bowie, made for one of great-great grandfathers...a time tested design, if there ever was one...
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » February 18th 2018, 10:42am

3Flushes wrote:
oldoak wrote:

Thanks- I'm going to find something made with that.

*I hope it's his good eye*

Everybody needs at least one. The Yank version is arguably Devin Thomas. I'm betting you'd find something you like. Pick out the blank from Devon's site and any custom maker can provide you with something. In my view cheaper than DIY if you're easily tempted into buying the tools. If the Devin Thomas doesn't work the Söderfors joint has a sales office in Illinois.

http://devinthomas.com/
And the fact I'm still living rent free in his head makes me grin and giggle.
...bobbee

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”