Introducing myself here:

790rivers
Facebook ID: 0

Introducing myself here:

Post by 790rivers » February 13th 2018, 4:24pm

Introducing myself here:
I found my father's Seiko Kinetic Auto Relay 5J22-0B69 in a drawer after he died in 2005 and it has kept constant and nearly flawless time ever since. Recently I became so interested in Grand Seiko that I bought a 6145-8010TAD on ebay and am very happy with it, succumbing to a little symbolic patricide in the process. It is the first quote-serious-unquote watch I have ever bought, maybe the last. Trying to learn more about the 61GS, hunting for manuals and schedmatics, led me to this forum. Happy to be here.
790rivers
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: Introducing myself here:

Post by koimaster » February 13th 2018, 4:40pm

Welcome to the forum of the insane. We try to keep everyone entertained here, feeding time for the zoo is 7PM EST since some of us are still waking up on the west coast.

https://issuu.com/watchlords.com/docs/g ... _collector

The link above will take you to the watchlord Issuu site where there should also be a lot of information on watches as well.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: New members - Introduce yourselves

Post by 3Flushes » February 13th 2018, 4:44pm

Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

P.S. There is likely to be some, uhh, shoe squeezing regarding your intro- although you made the effort to post one- being in the wrong spot. A good sense of humor and a cup are recommended equipment to survive the ritual hazing around here, a sacred WL tradition- just remember it's all in good fun. Pretty much. Usually.

If you're looking to learn a little something about watches and horology, you've come to the right place!
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Introducing myself here:

Post by bedlam » February 13th 2018, 4:47pm

3Flushes wrote:Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

P.S. There is likely to be some, uhh, shoe squeezing regarding your intro- although you made the effort to post one- being in the wrong spot. A good sense of humor and a cup are recommended equipment to survive the ritual hazing around here, a sacred WL tradition- just remember it's all in good fun. Pretty much. Usually.

If you're looking to learn a little something about watches and horology, you've come to the right place!

I said hello too but the post disappeared and I have deleted my post.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
3Flushes
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: Introducing myself here:

Post by 3Flushes » February 13th 2018, 4:47pm

Welcome to Watchlords. The joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.

EDIT: See- not even here a few hours and you've already had a post re-directed to the proper forum.
Copyright ©️ 2019 3flushes Media.

The past is never dead. It isn't even past.- Faulkner

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”