Hello from North London, UK

Nndroid
Facebook ID: 0

Hello from North London, UK

Post by Nndroid » August 2nd 2017, 4:48am

HAIL, WATCH LORDS. I prostrate myself before your majesties.

I'm possibly the worst noob you'll ever encounter on the site because I don't own ANY watches. WAIT, DON'T HURT ME. I'm here to find out which one I should get, which brands I should investigate, what's "me" and so on.

Background is, I live in North London, am a writer and general layabout, love electronic music, old reggae, comics and nerd stuff, and Liverpool FC. Somehow I've got through five decades without ever owning a real watch, but as electronic devices become more disposable and meaningless I'm more and more drawn to the mystery and romance of an actual mechanical watch – something that's not going to be e-waste in three years' time.

Going to post a request in the General Watch Talk section, but in the meantime, hello and please don't destroy me.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Hello from North London, UK

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » August 4th 2017, 7:57pm

See? I told you that you'd do much better here with your intro posting, and sew fourth. I've read your posts a bit, and for a newb, you know a lot of stuff, so post early, post often, but in all cases, POST, damn yer miserable hide, Squire! (We're truly glad you're here, mate...)
tiktok
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tiktok » August 4th 2017, 10:05pm

welcome, a great place to start your watch search is "Urwerk". The mineral glass crystal makes it accessible to most any noob collector. Froggy says three thumbs up.
"Obsessed by a fairy tale, we spend our lives searching for a magic door and a lost kingdom of peace."
Eugene O'Neill.
Nndroid

Post by Nndroid » August 5th 2017, 7:21am

Falstaff wrote:You're not a hipster are you? Porkpie hat? Ironic beard? Retro sunglasses? Skinny jeans? Stripey Russian sailor shirt? Full sleeve tats of heathen Japanee manga characters? Big fucking "Inca" ear lobe plugs?

Pretty much the opposite. No tats, no hats, beard is more like "I forgot to shave again" and the only thing pierced round here is the lid of another jar of peanut butter.
Nndroid

Post by Nndroid » August 5th 2017, 7:24am

tiktok wrote:welcome, a great place to start your watch search is "Urwerk". The mineral glass crystal makes it accessible to most any noob collector. Froggy says three thumbs up.

Ha ha, one thing I do know is that the Urwerks look like Optimus Prime's scrotum. So I will be swerving that one, unless you want to wire me $90,000 and a blindfold? Urwerk = UrWANK.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » August 5th 2017, 8:58am

Nndroid wrote:
tiktok wrote:welcome, a great place to start your watch search is "Urwerk". The mineral glass crystal makes it accessible to most any noob collector. Froggy says three thumbs up.

Ha ha, one thing I do know is that the Urwerks look like Optimus Prime's scrotum. So I will be swerving that one, unless you want to wire me $90,000 and a blindfold? Urwerk = UrWANK.

I think you are going to fit in well here.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”