Hello from CH

rruegger
Facebook ID: 0

Hello from CH

Post by rruegger » June 21st 2017, 12:08pm

CH = Switzerland
:mrgreen:

Have been writing about watches for the last 18 years and did visit the forum yesterday thanks to my site statistics - and, of course, koimaster.

Personally, I am particularely interested in watches that tell a story, mostly divers and pilot watches, usually from 1950 to 1970. Not necessarely from Switzerland exclusively. :mrgreen:

Best,

Roger
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Re: Hello from CH

Post by biglove » June 21st 2017, 1:11pm

If my watches could tell stories it would go something like, "Hey, you fat goofy bastard! Stop hitting me with door frames!" Or maybe, "Put on some clothes ya' sick, nasty fooker! No one wants to see you naked!"

;)

Oh, Hidey-Ho!
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » June 21st 2017, 1:19pm

And here I thought "CH" stood for "Chest Hair!" Chuff ME. Welcome to Watch Lords! It's been a long time since we've had a jamoke new member from Switzerland to pick on and otherwise humiliate discuss and exchange watch information with, and I believe you will feel right at home with our irritable and snobby sensibilities open-minded and fresh outlook on Horology. I also think you'll find us a very stuck-up and hard to penetrate group of fussy little octogenarians (or, in the case of Conjurer, above, a centenarian), but do try and fit in. We need the laughs! find us a welcoming and very friendly group of fellow watch lovers, from all age groups and socio-economic levels. (Try as we might, though, we just can't seem to divest ourselves of the poor and uneducated rabble who keep trying to sneak into our elite ranks.) We gladly welcome any and all participants in this silly, worthless waste-of-time entertaining and stimulating pastime we all enjoy so much.

Well, I'm off to go and bang my mistress and enjoy a refreshing bit of Coca-Cola, if you get what I mean, wink-wink, nudge-nudge and visit my dear old great-Aunty, who has been very ill these past few months, so I'll wrap this up and again say jeez, another chump has shown up, whoop-de-woo! welcome aboard! I'm glad you're here...( :roll: )

Alle Witze beiseite, willkommen bei Watchlords. Fühlen Sie sich frei, irgendwo zu posten, das Sie mögen, und haben Sie eine gute Zeit mit den vielen Diskussionen hier. Bitte teilen Sie uns mit uns Bilder von Ihren Uhren, wie wir immer genießen, was unsere Mitglieder in ihren Sammlungen haben. Und wieder willkommen bei Watchlords!
8-)
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » June 21st 2017, 7:47pm

TemerityB wrote:No jokes from me. I think it's really great we have someone from Switzerland among us. Really cool.

Welcome, and I'm really looking toward to learning your perspective on things.

What if he is a Swiss version of "Dirtbox?" That would spice things up a bit.

Seriously though, welcome and hope you enjoy the place.
"You can't fix stupid but you can sedate the hell out of it."-Youseff Achmed, MD

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
bedlam
WIS Divemaster

Post by bedlam » June 21st 2017, 9:21pm

biglove wrote:
bedlam wrote:Sounds good. Can we have a pic of something from 1964 :-)

Whats the lug-to-lug on that? :shock:
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » June 22nd 2017, 2:16am

TemerityB wrote:No jokes from me. I think it's really great we have someone from Switzerland among us. Really cool.

Welcome, and I'm really looking toward to learning your perspective on things.

gerdson
Master of Time

Post by gerdson » June 22nd 2017, 11:19am

Verdammt. Last time I vouched for someone, it was this crazy Dane. And we all know how that ended...

But Roger is another caliber. Please be nice!

Gruezi!
Olof
Ardnut since 1989

In twenty years or so, the German language will be one, massively long compound word.
-- conjurer
eddiea
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by eddiea » June 22nd 2017, 2:46pm

Swiss ? what is your Swiss Made percentage 51,60 or 80% ??
Mortuus Fakeuus

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » June 24th 2017, 12:26am

rruegger wrote:I was told I was made in Switzerland, but there should be half a German in the mix too... :-)

So that means you're half German and half human? My wife is of the same mix, which is why I go on brief vacations every time the moon goes full... :shock:

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”