New To WatchLords

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Re: New To WatchLords

Post by conjurer » January 20th 2013, 4:32pm

foghorn wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:You two just go out of your way to be assholes.

E
As a longtime member, in good standing, I can assure you that no self respecting member of this forum has to "go out of their way" to be an asshole.

Jeebus!!

True dat. I understand that once Buffy blew Mr. French so good his bowtie spun around like an airplane propeller.

I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 20th 2013, 4:50pm

mika9090 wrote:Man there are some bored, no life Douchebags on this site. I'm more interested in learning more about watches (CD2 Image You're Kidding Me, Right?) than standup comedy by Hectum & Rectum. Peace out. Don't understand that one either = Fuck Ya Later!

Goddamn! This boy went right into the drywall!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
ocean
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by ocean » January 20th 2013, 4:54pm

mika9090 wrote:
TemerityB wrote:Hello. Deep waters here, so here's hoping for all the best.

Thanks Bro. Not sure about some of the responses if they're just acting stupid, are stupid, or think they're funny, buy just in case, I have no idea who Brian Keith is, but was referring to KEITH BOSCHETT, and a CAVE DWELLER 2. Thanks for the welcome but got to get busy.

Your answer is just wrong a CD-2 is NOT a Cave Dweller and is a POS next to Aegir CD-2. Some light reading for you before you come in and think you know it all http://www.watchforums.org/t574-wbotd-9-6-12-aegir-watch

Welcome to the deep end. You might want to put on your cup from this forward.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » January 20th 2013, 4:57pm

conjurer wrote:
mika9090 wrote:Man there are some bored, no life Douchebags on this site. I'm more interested in learning more about watches (CD2 Image You're Kidding Me, Right?) than standup comedy by Hectum & Rectum. Peace out. Don't understand that one either = Fuck Ya Later!

Goddamn! This boy went right into the drywall!

He's better off back at WatchFreeks

Interesting Image Search

https://www.google.com/search?q=mika9090&rlz=1C1SAVI_enUS510US511&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=XZ_8UOmVFcmH0QHFkIDwDA&biw=1536&bih=764&sei=fp_8UJv8IcuH0QGegIGQBQ

"I did lose a pusher pulling it out of the mug however
it doesn't affect functionality"

- JR of Reclinervision ™
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » January 20th 2013, 5:08pm

Hey douchenozzle, you're still showing online.

- JR of Reclinervision ™
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » January 20th 2013, 5:14pm

Horse Feathers wrote:

Hey douchenozzle, you're still showing online.

Probably trying to figure out how to delete his posts.
To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them. George Mason
AJC
Watchlord WIS

Post by AJC » January 20th 2013, 5:43pm

Classic. They poke their head in the door, start making the rounds, shaking a few hands and then WHAM! They're swinging from the chandeliers tossing shit in the air like a bunch of god damn spider monkeys!
---
-ajc
ocean
Master of Time

Post by ocean » January 20th 2013, 6:09pm

AJC wrote:Classic. They poke their head in the door, start making the rounds, shaking a few hands and then WHAM! They're swinging from the chandeliers tossing shit in the air like a bunch of god damn spider monkeys!

Now you went and did it, you know conjurer gets when monkeys are talked about. Image
Horse Feathers
ASSHAT - RETIRED

Post by Horse Feathers » January 20th 2013, 6:18pm

I guess he didn't read the Android Powerjet review here before joining

" Android’s Powerjet 9100 timepiece blows the competition away"

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/reduced-android-mens-powerjet-9100-automatic-stainless-steel-bracelet-watch-$150-693771.html

" This is a beautiful watch with a hunk of SS and Platinum MOP"

http://www.watchfreeks.com/view_topic.php?id=31334&forum_id=50

- JR of Reclinervision ™
fatman
ASSHAT

Post by fatman » January 20th 2013, 6:59pm

Image Image
HF
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 20th 2013, 8:15pm

Hawk wrote: There is a Cave Dweller "S" which I guess stands for "sold out".

...learn something new every day around here. Today it was Navajo code whisper dive watch secret internet handshakes. FNORD.

The S version has a ETA movement.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Hawk
ASSHAT

Post by Hawk » January 20th 2013, 8:41pm

koimaster wrote:

...learn something new every day around here. Today it was Navajo code whisper dive watch secret internet handshakes. FNORD.

Which just happens to be sold out.

This whole thing was something of a mystery to me. The old boy went from yellow to black back to yellow so fast I could hardly track it. It seemed like he was doing well (or at least better than average) there for a while.

Damn, I'm glad my first post here was in a place other than "intros". Back when that sort of thing was allowed. As I recall I showed up here with one Movado, one Coach, already a "hater" and dumb as rock (not that the later has changed any in three years). But the gauntlet now in place would discourage a fuckin' armadildo fercryinoutloud.
koimaster
Founder

Post by koimaster » January 20th 2013, 10:50pm

Hawk wrote:
koimaster wrote:

Which just happens to be sold out.

This whole thing was something of a mystery to me. The old boy went from yellow to black back to yellow so fast I could hardly track it. It seemed like he was doing well (or at least better than average) there for a while.

Damn, I'm glad my first post here was in a place other than "intros". Back when that sort of thing was allowed. As I recall I showed up here with one Movado, one Coach, already a "hater" and dumb as rock (not that the later has changed any in three years). But the gauntlet now in place would discourage a fuckin' armadildo fercryinoutloud.

It does seem to have become more personal than before. It used to be good natured kidding which seems to have morphed into something else over the last year or two.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » January 21st 2013, 7:43am

I don't know about that, Alain. Me and Foggy were making fun of some dead celebrities on the old TV show Family Affair, while a couple of other members were pretty much welcoming him (as I did, in my own heartwarming way.)

This boy, unless he's Sabastian Cabot's nephew or something, came out swinging like an asshole. Like AJC mentions, he blows up at the drop of a hat.

I agree that sometimes we could be a little less acerbic with new members.

--Hawkeye
tomsimac
Senior Member & WIS

Post by tomsimac » January 21st 2013, 8:06am

My thought is when they come in and just say "Hi. I like watches" or Invicta 4EVA" we should completely ignore the post. Nothing gets them, maybe just ignore until they learn a bit from reading more intelligent intros or have them fill out a score card with who they are.
elau
Watchlord WIS

Post by elau » January 21st 2013, 8:29am

I still like the idea of flushing them out early on like Foghorn did. Worse is to have a few hours of harsh words but saves this site from over run by trolls in the long run. For what it's worth, it's my 2 cents.

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”