From San Diego, California

User avatar
ChronoMATT
Master of Time
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 8th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Sun Diego, California
Contact:

From San Diego, California

Post by ChronoMATT » June 10th 2011, 12:11pm

Hello from San Diego, California.

I was half way through writing a long introduction including my history with a Geek forum -- how I was ridiculed by its owners and lemming members as I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling -- and sensored for suggesting that if Renato can be kicked-out for providing bad customer service, the 'Product Tech Manager' administrator should also kick off Invicta -- and then there's that Joe character who has made a career out of posting "Nice watch. Wear it in good health." 30,000 times -- but I said F-it.

I will just say that I hope this forum found via the Better Skills blog stays true to its mission statement.

Last edited by Anonymous on June 17th 2011, 3:24pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 43288
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by koimaster » June 10th 2011, 12:18pm

ChronoMATT wrote:Hello from San Diego, California.

I was half way through writing a long introduction including my history with a Geek forum -- how I was ridiculed by its owners and lemming members as I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling -- and sensored for suggesting that if Renato can be kicked-out for providing bad customer service, the 'Product Tech Manager' administrator should also kick off Invicta -- and then there's that Joe character who has made a career out of posting "Nice watch. Wear it in good health." 30,000 times -- but I said F-it.

I will just say that I hope this forum found via the Better Skills blog stays true to its mission statement.




Welcome to the forum. If you like Renato or Invicta, that is fine, I still a few of both lines. In 18 months of up time we have not moved away from the mission statement. The members will not allow it and as long as the bribes Image tributes keep coming in, it will stay that way.
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
ChronoMATT
Master of Time
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 8th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Sun Diego, California
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by ChronoMATT » June 10th 2011, 12:28pm

Thanks, Koi. We have shared several forums together.

koimaster wrote:
ChronoMATT wrote:Hello from San Diego, California.

I was half way through writing a long introduction including my history with a Geek forum -- how I was ridiculed by its owners and lemming members as I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling -- and sensored for suggesting that if Renato can be kicked-out for providing bad customer service, the 'Product Tech Manager' administrator should also kick off Invicta -- and then there's that Joe character who has made a career out of posting "Nice watch. Wear it in good health." 30,000 times -- but I said F-it.

I will just say that I hope this forum found via the Better Skills blog stays true to its mission statement.




Welcome to the forum. If you like Renato or Invicta, that is fine, I still a few of both lines. In 18 months of up time we have not moved away from the mission statement. The members will not allow it and as long as the bribes Image tributes keep coming in, it will stay that way.
Image
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 43288
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by koimaster » June 10th 2011, 12:51pm

ChronoMATT wrote:Thanks, Koi. We have shared several forums together.

koimaster wrote:
ChronoMATT wrote:Hello from San Diego, California.

I was half way through writing a long introduction including my history with a Geek forum -- how I was ridiculed by its owners and lemming members as I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling -- and sensored for suggesting that if Renato can be kicked-out for providing bad customer service, the 'Product Tech Manager' administrator should also kick off Invicta -- and then there's that Joe character who has made a career out of posting "Nice watch. Wear it in good health." 30,000 times -- but I said F-it.

I will just say that I hope this forum found via the Better Skills blog stays true to its mission statement.




Welcome to the forum. If you like Renato or Invicta, that is fine, I still a few of both lines. In 18 months of up time we have not moved away from the mission statement. The members will not allow it and as long as the bribes Image tributes keep coming in, it will stay that way.



Yes we have.

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t1038-watches-from-tv-outlets

http://watchlords.forumotion.net/t54-post-your-invicta-watches
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
WatchDorks.Net
Senior Member & WIS
Posts: 4797
Joined: June 10th 2010, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: The Peoples Republic of Illinois
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by WatchDorks.Net » June 10th 2011, 2:40pm

ChronoMATT wrote:I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling...


Oh... I'd say the trail has been blazed long before now. I've had 4 accounts banned from there for calling a spade a spade. Quite a few of us have.

Nevertheless, anyone intent in calling out the douchebaggery over there is alright in my book.
Proud "hater" since 2009. Get over it and have fun reassembling yer wartches.

Image

Image
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time
Posts: 20220
Joined: December 18th 2009, 11:00pm

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by foghorn » June 10th 2011, 2:53pm

You are my hero.
Some here were calling them out long before WG even existed.
That,my friend, is the forefront.
Welcome.
User avatar
ChronoMATT
Master of Time
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 8th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Sun Diego, California
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by ChronoMATT » June 10th 2011, 9:06pm

Well, I didn't intend to place myself above any valuable work done by members calling out Invicta on their crap. I was just noting my very early experience dealing with the abuse from folks who didn't seem to be used to the integrity of Invicta being questioned.

If this is how pissy you guys are here toward well intended comments made by newcomers, you are my type and think I will enjoy my stay here. Look forward to mixing it up with you assholes.

Watch Noob wrote:Renaissance Man you are not. Welcome to the forum regardless.


WatchDorks.Net wrote:
ChronoMATT wrote:I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling...


Oh... I'd say the trail has been blazed long before now. I've had 4 accounts banned from there for calling a spade a spade. Quite a few of us have.

Nevertheless, anyone intent in calling out the douchebaggery over there is alright in my book.
Image
User avatar
koimaster
Founder
Posts: 43288
Joined: December 16th 2009, 11:00pm
Location: Oregon, Thanks for visiting! Now go back home!
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by koimaster » June 10th 2011, 9:11pm

ChronoMATT wrote:Well, I didn't intend to place myself above any valuable work done by members calling out Invicta on their crap. I was just noting my very early experience dealing with the abuse from folks who didn't seem to be used to the integrity of Invicta being questioned.

If this is how pissy guys are here regarding well intended statements made by newcomers, I think I will enjoy my stay here and look forward to mixing it up with you assholes.

Watch Noob wrote:Renaissance Man you are not. Welcome to the forum regardless.


WatchDorks.Net wrote:
ChronoMATT wrote:I was on the forefront of calling shenanigans on Invicta for misleading the public on their FTC-allowed "Swiss" labeling...


Oh... I'd say the trail has been blazed long before now. I've had 4 accounts banned from there for calling a spade a spade. Quite a few of us have.

Nevertheless, anyone intent in calling out the douchebaggery over there is alright in my book.



Image

Fitting in already....... Image


We have a good time here, kick back and if someone says something you don't agree with, defend yourself. The place is self moderated and at the end of the day, if someone has a few bite marks on them, well, if they are ankle high it was a pug, knee high, a person who eats with his pecker and anything higher is normally the work of a banned AH temp. :twisted:
Image

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
User avatar
Guest

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by Guest » June 11th 2011, 1:10pm

Whocares wrote:Welcome, That Joe guy is probably one of the very few people I respect on there.



I "believe" I saw where Joe has over 1500 watches in his collection.
Think about that for a second,,,,,say @ $150 a pop,,,,conservatively.
User avatar
ChronoMATT
Master of Time
Posts: 2431
Joined: June 8th 2011, 10:00pm
Facebook ID: 0
Location: Sun Diego, California
Contact:

Re: From San Diego, California

Post by ChronoMATT » June 11th 2011, 6:07pm

Easy, asshole.

I already addressed the use of the word "forefront" and the reason I'm here (due to the wise musings from the Better Skills blog) in an earlier post. Maybe you can take some time out to pull your eyes from your ass and stick them back in your sockets so you can read. Gents like Koi and Foghorn remember me from forums that existed well before WatchGeeks was a twinkle in Jim's sagging left nut.

Also, I didn't pussy-out by registering here anonymously. My screen name is the same one I have used for years on every forum I've been part of -- including WG.

So, I appreciate the warm welcome and you can now warmly fuck off.

Ain't free speech grand?

Slowpo wrote:
I was on the forefront
Easy Rambo, the only reason you're here is Becouse watchgeeks is down.
Last edited by Anonymous on June 11th 2011, 6:11pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests