- Posts: 1981
- Joined: December 15th 2009, 11:00pm
Not everything here is to the liking of all people. What you do not like, avoid just like you do with TV. Have an issue with someone here, deal with it either on the forum or via PM. We will not step in to stop it. Have an issue with a watch company or anything else, feel free to discuss it, you will not get banned for it.
1. Banned from Watchgeeks (no deader than a doornail) or other forums, Fine, no reason to brag about it in your intro post or any other time unless asked. Lots of people have been banned elsewhere for a various reasons. Some members here were banned from WG before the damn place went live because they belonged to a "hater site" known as BDWF.
2. Love Invicta or Android or even Omega? Great, just don't ask about a new 55mm chinese watch here when you first arrive.
3. Want to bash Invicta or MD or WG, do it after you have been here awhile and only when it is brought up by others.
4. Want to say Fuck, Shit and all of the other "dirty words"? Go right ahead when it fits the topic or post. Otherwise you are blowing smoke out your ass here.
5. Lay low at first, get the lay of the land, post or respond on a topic you know of or a topic you are interested in learning. If members here give you a hard time, give it back. We play hard here, we enjoy each others comments and when we don't, we say something about it.
6. Come here to try to make a statement from wallyworld or to try to teach us about Doxa, Invicta or other brands or take on the members here? Good luck with that.
7. Think everyone here is a bad person? We have a lot of members here from other places. All are good people. The bad ones with agendas get culled quickly here by members.
8. Make a statement here and prepare to back it up with facts, not claims.
9. It helps to tell us about yourself and post a photo or two or your watches in the intro thread you are required to post. Yes you may get razzed a bit and you may even get pissed off about it. EVERYONE has gone through it. It is meant as a way to cull trolls from the forum.
10. Avoid the forum police squad at all costs. These are members here who think they can bully people at times. If they push you there are two choices, ignore them or fall into the trap they have baited. I suggest #1.
11. You will find great people here from many forums. Some are owners or admins elsewhere, most members here also belong to other watch forums. If you ask for help they will give it to you willingly.
12. Here to troll? Forget about it as the Gecko says in the commercial.
And just an FYI, this is a self moderated forum which relies on the members themselves to police the place. You get into a pissing contest with members here, do not look to admin to close the thread. If people pick on you, kick them, do not whine and complain. It is a game and we all play it, you will too if you last that long. All in good fun.
This is the deep end of the pool, not the wading pond.
tinstar_1977 wrote:Read and understood.
This is the way forums used to be. They were open, no mods to speak of and the members took care of the place. Free Speech, you have it here with few exceptions and the TOS is short, sweet and to the point. I posted the advise as a way for new members coming from elsewhere to get acclimated to the place.
We have a lot of fun in this forum and the information here is IMO pretty good. We are not TZ, Purist or WUS, all of whom I belong to, nor do we try to be. We are a small forum which is willing to share what we know or what we find with everyone. We honor our members who have passed on and we raise money for charities such as Shriners, St. Jude's and others on a regular basis by donation our own watches and having members auction them off.
We are watchlords here and our gentler sister forum watchforums.net which was designed after BDWF (Best Damn Watch Forum) for those who remember. Watchlords is the deep end of the pool, Watchforums.net is the middle of the pool.
Enjoy the forum.
Quotes from the fake naval aviator misterjingles. Not a pilot, or 9/11 survivor.