Hello from a old collector>>

maverick
Facebook ID: 0

Hello from a old collector>>

Post by maverick » August 16th 2019, 2:39pm

Hi to all. I always posted by the name maverick which is the user name I have always used. It was the name of a male Dalmatian we had for 14 years. Now he is immortalized on the net. lol
I can post pictures of the watches I have owned if it is something I am supposed to do. The last watch I sold was a 1972 6239. I have owned many Modern Rolex and vintage Rolex watches and my daily wear is a Z serial numbered GMTII-C. I just acquired a new 116500LN black dial.
It appears the watch forums I used are not doing too well and I was told many collectors have migrated here so I thought I would say hello to all.
It is a long story on why I stopped collecting but it involves very bad advice from a well known collector. However I am still here and my horological interests are as strong as ever.

koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: Hello from a old collector>>

Post by koimaster » August 16th 2019, 2:57pm

Hello Dennis, I remember you from TZ and a couple of other sites over the years. I think you probably know Smellody from the Rolex forum and there are a few others here from there as well.

We do have a mixed group of WIS here, from those still new to the hobby to old farts like foghorn, Max, you and others here. We have a good time here, it is the deep end of the pool and I do not think I have seen a thread that starts with "help me pick out a watch to match my undies" or "do I have to put my solar watch on a winder?" At least not that I know of.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy yourself and pay no attention to the guy who eats with his pecker.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Post by koimaster » August 16th 2019, 3:14pm

Didn't you have a blue dialed rolex at one time? I am thinking before I was banned by this highness back in 2007 or so. If I am correct about the watch, was that a GMT with factory case bevel, military issue only?

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » August 16th 2019, 5:14pm

Welcome!

That Daytona's really nice. Doesn't have a novel the length of Gone With The Wind on the dial.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
maverick

Post by maverick » August 16th 2019, 8:05pm

koimaster wrote:
August 16th 2019, 2:57pm
Hello Dennis, I remember you from TZ and a couple of other sites over the years. I think you probably know Smellody from the Rolex forum and there are a few others here from there as well.

We do have a mixed group of WIS here, from those still new to the hobby to old farts like foghorn, Max, you and others here. We have a good time here, it is the deep end of the pool and I do not think I have seen a thread that starts with "help me pick out a watch to match my undies" or "do I have to put my solar watch on a winder?" At least not that I know of.

Welcome to the forum, enjoy yourself and pay no attention to the guy who eats with his pecker.
Thanks! I am already enjoying the forum. I had a blue dial TT Submariner at one time. (The only two tone I ever owned) I never had any military Rolex watches but I am a 100% DAV service connected. where I live there are a lot of vets. One Rolex recently sold for 180K. It was a military sub without the word submariner on the dial.
I assume Mr pecker has one eye. ;-)
AlbertaTime (Online)
Master of Time

Post by AlbertaTime » August 16th 2019, 8:31pm

Hi Dennis!

This...
3Flushes wrote:
August 16th 2019, 3:34pm
...the joint's more fun than a human being should be allowed to have.
izza troof.
Curator: Alberta Museum of Chinese Horology in Peace River

"That stone buddha deserves all the birdshit it gets. I wave my skinny arms like a tall flower in the wind." Ikkyu

Return to “Welcome! Introduce Yourself”