Photobucket is at it again

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Photobucket is at it again

Post by koimaster » May 21st 2019, 10:28am

Photobucket currently hosts over 130 million photos for over 11 million free users! Effective June 1, 2019, new hosting limits will take effect that will impact a small portion of our image hosters.

What Are the New Limits?
Free hosters will be restricted to 25MB of hosting bandwidth per month. YOUR CURRENT USAGE IS OVER 25MB PER MONTH SO THIS NEW LIMITATION WILL AFFECT YOU.

What Happens If I Go Over My Bandwidth Allowance?
Free hosters, like you, who use more than 25MB of bandwidth will have all of their hosted photos watermarked and blurred.

photobucket.jpg

To restore hosting privileges and to avoid having your images blurred and watermarked after June 1, simply purchase a premium subscription plan for unlimited monthly bandwidth. Our plan pricing is the most competitive in the photo hosting industry.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
koimaster (Online)
Administrator/Founder
Facebook ID: 100000918104351

Re: Photobucket is at it again

Post by koimaster » May 21st 2019, 12:21pm

codguy wrote:Waiting for Imgur to do the same....................

Yep. They have already stopped the photo edit ability except for cropping or re-sizing.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
MKTheVintageBloke
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Post by MKTheVintageBloke » May 21st 2019, 3:52pm

Fucking ransomware. I'm very glad that I've deleted my account there. I believe I've posted here before the short message I wrote them upon them requesting providing a reason for deleting the account...
Deleting the account, as I won't have my pictures hosted by a bunch of fucking fleecers, who swindle people into paying for nothing that couldn't be had for free elsewhere. I hope that swindle of a business goes belly up, as it fucking should. Fare thee well and good fucking riddance, you sorry bunch of blithering wankers.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
H.P. Lovecraft

I'd send them all an animated gif of Ron Jeremy sucking his own cock.
Conjurer, of people asking about their Doxas
bedlam
WIS Divemaster
Facebook ID: 0

Post by bedlam » May 21st 2019, 9:15pm

The more shocking thing to me is people being surprised that a for-profit company might draw you in by offering benefits and then squeeze you for cash once you rely on them.

How was that not foreseeable?

Same thing for all the companies offering cloud-based storage or data back-up. You would have to be an idiot to rely on them assuming they will never squeeze you once they have all your stuff and you are reliant on them.
Meritocracy: the privilege, wealth and advancement of those who chose their parents wisely.

Return to “Announcements”