Photo re-sizing

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here
koimaster
Founder

Photo re-sizing

Post by koimaster » April 13th 2018, 9:44am

After reading some posts and being contacted about resizing I contacted Dion and he did the below. Try his advice and let me know.

I just made a couple quick changes in the avalon and we_universal themes.
Have people clear their browser cache and see if images in posts and PMs are now being resized correctly. I'm close to 100% certain the we_universal theme is fixed, but there are no guarantees with the avalon theme since it's based on the 20-year-old subsilver theme.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: Photo re-sizing

Post by Thunder1 » April 13th 2018, 9:51am

If you're using IMGUR, try selecting 'large thumbnail' as your default pic size...this option is found on the lower right portion of the screen once you've logged on..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
foghorn
Founding Member & Master of Time

Post by foghorn » April 13th 2018, 10:27am

I did see after 2+ years that imgur has an auto resize feature, so at least now I don't have to resize each pic that I download.
Todays WURW pics are more normal than they have been in the past. Yesterday some were ok and otrhers were ginormoous. I us Avalon because about a year ago it became the only screen that was readable.
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » April 13th 2018, 11:20pm

I must be a dunce: Since I told Photobucket to cram it, I've been resizing virtually every new and old photo, even the ones I eventually uploaded from my account there. Didn't even think that I could have been doing it all along on Imgur, but I still do resizing (then opening the photos in a browser) as a visual sizing guide before storing them. Like fog, I've noticed a lot of ginourmous photos here.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster
conjurer (Online)
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » April 14th 2018, 7:58am

bobbee wrote:I changed my board style to the WL2 setting, and it seems to have cleared up the issue for me.

Thanks to Racer-x for that tip!

When it comes to all this computer shit, Racer's a fucking Viking!
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » April 14th 2018, 8:23am

bedlam wrote:Image

That's perfect, I think, anyway.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Announcements”