Account deletions and forum cleaning

Stickys, Announcements and TOS are here
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Account deletions and forum cleaning

Post by koimaster » November 25th 2014, 6:57pm

I am going to start removing inactive accounts next week. It does not take much to post at least once here. This has ben a rule here for almost the entire 5 years this forum has been here.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
abduksion

Re: Account deletions and forum cleaning

Post by abduksion » November 25th 2014, 7:35pm

Good idea I check the members list once in awhile or to look up someone's PF if I'm not familiar with who they are. And I see dozens of people who've signed up weeks or even months ago without posting anything.
timex
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Post by timex » November 26th 2014, 5:37am

I don't post much, unless I really have something to add.

But if you check my IP, you will see, every single work day, the WL-Portal is my first stop.

I do so enjoy the contributions, by all.

For that, Thank You!!!

And have a Happy Thanksgiving!!
tim
USN-R Bubblehead, Order of the Bluenose & Shellback.
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » December 6th 2014, 4:59pm

We are now 50 users lighter. Pretty simple rules around here, post in the intro forum

1946-2006

abduksion

Post by abduksion » December 6th 2014, 6:12pm

I'm guilty of doing this on sites I joined and never posting more than my introduction. One that comes to mind is BDWF.com I believe Conjurer is the an admin there? I'm just surprised he hasn't deleted my account yet.
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » December 7th 2014, 9:47am

itfc1959 wrote:I've been away for a while because I've caught a carcinoma. Had other things on my mind....but I do like to pop in from time to time.

Sorry to hear about this, itfc. I'll keep a good thought about your health.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 7th 2014, 9:50am

itfc1959 wrote:I've been away for a while because I've caught a carcinoma. Had other things on my mind....but I do like to pop in from time to time.

Sorry to hear that. Hope all goes well for you.
"Never insult anyone by accident."-Robert A. Heinlein

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
itfc1959
Facebook ID: 10154907245961454

Post by itfc1959 » December 7th 2014, 10:52am

Thanks guys, I really appreciate that. At the moment it's going ok. As you are no doubt aware, our much maligned National Health Service is free at the point of delivery and one of the current initiatives in my locality is early detection of cancers. To that end, my local hospital mailed out (at random) an invitation for a bowel screening for males over 55. Being completely symptom-free and in full good health, I discussed this with Mrs itfc and we thought a check-over would be a good idea.

To cut a long story short, they found a very small rectal carcinoma that I had no idea was there, and within a few weeks (after numerous blood tests and CT scans to ensure it hadn't gone anywhere), it was taken out together with the first two level lymph nodes at the end of October.

Histology reported back that this little bastard , although small and relatively new, had drilled into the first two nodes, which had of course been removed at the time of the op, had not got any further, and that my liver and lungs were clean. Everything cancerous had therefore been taken out: Blood tests showed no markers in my system. A number of polyps had been removed at the colonoscopy prior to the op, and these had been biopsied as being harmless.

The plan now is to see Oncology soon for a mopping up with chemo: hopefully that will nail it, and I'll be having five years of follow-up with regular camera crews up my arse (or ass, if you would prefer), to keep a check on things. Thanks, National Health Service.

Being relatively young and in the top 20th percentile for fitness for my age cohort (thanks, pre-op physical), my chances for five year survival are at present about 70%. If you can get to 5 years, you can consider yourself cured. Those are pretty good odds and are probably higher. Or to put it another way, if I hadn't gone for the screening, or if it hadn't been offered, we'd be looking at a very different scenario in maybe a year or so. By the time I'd be showing signs and symptoms the carcinoma may well have spread to the lungs and liver, which is where it tends to go next. So all in all, I suppose I can consider myself a lucky little mother-lover.

It breaks my heart when I read on here (and other fora) of people selling off their watches or whatever else they can get their hands on to pay for medical care for themselves or their loved ones because their insurance doesn't cover what's needed, or the cover has ended. I consider that an obscenity in a modern society and I am very grateful that we have a health service that, for all its faults and inefficiencies, can deliver when it's required. I also think that a frightening number of my fellow countrymen don't realise what they've got and are sleep-walking their way to the end of the NHS as we know it. The Conservatives have always loathed and detested the NHS ever since its inception in 1948 and are lining up a wholesale privatisation after the next election, the main beneficiaries of which are going to be the private health care companies that have been donating millions to Conservative Party coffers over the past few years. It's very sad.
Tzimisces
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Tzimisces » December 7th 2014, 2:16pm

Gotta watch those toilet seats. Next time use one of those paper ass-gaskets.

Given recent medical emergencies, I'm thinking that watches are very bad for your health. Glad you're on the mend, and I sincerely hope that the worst is behind you.
“He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.”
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » December 7th 2014, 3:48pm

Your odds are excellent and your story speaks very well of your country's health system.

Truly impressive!

Here in the USA our health system is great at "rescue medicine" but we suck at preventative medicine.
Last edited by biglove on December 9th 2014, 1:14am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never insult anyone by accident."-Robert A. Heinlein

https://imgur.com/h3UXafB
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » August 9th 2019, 1:34pm

So if you notice a decrease in membership numbers it is due to my doing some house cleaning to go along with the forum upgrades.

Tzimisces is one of the accounts that has been deactivated. More to come if people have not posted in 2 years or more.

1946-2006

conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » August 9th 2019, 2:16pm

koimaster wrote:
August 9th 2019, 1:34pm
So if you notice a decrease in membership numbers it is due to my doing some house cleaning to go along with the forum upgrades.

It looks like you put Mort to work, the fuck.
My little brain can't even comprehend how deep that is.

--beefsupreme, commenting on his super rare Deep Blue wartche

**(@
koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 4th 2019, 9:17am

conjurer wrote:
August 9th 2019, 2:16pm
koimaster wrote:
August 9th 2019, 1:34pm

It looks like you put Mort to work, the fuck.

Kind of an oxymoron...

1946-2006

koimaster
Administrator/Founder

Post by koimaster » September 4th 2019, 5:07pm

biglove wrote:
September 4th 2019, 5:04pm
It has been two years since Tz posted?! Where is he?
He chose to leave because he, like a certain mouse we had here did not like the light of day shown on the annointed one.

1946-2006

Return to “Announcements”