Unusual find.

bobbee
Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Unusual find.

Post by bobbee » June 24th 2017, 1:02am

Spotted in the window of a local charity shop today.

ImageImage

Low (£2!) price and attractive with the teeny tiny shells, which are only 4-5mm across, so I paid my money and took it home.
Opened it up, and inside it was hallmarked "A.G.R." for Robert Pringle & Sons, also the acorn and leaves for Chester imported, and the date letter "G" for 1907/08.

I might try to find a nice 13''' movement (only 1 1/2 inch case) and dial to fit inside, but honestly someone made a lovely job with those shells, so I may leave it as is.

Cheers, Bob.
Mortuus Fakeuus

Re: Unusual find.

Post by Mortuus Fakeuus » June 24th 2017, 9:59am

This is really cool the way it is, but I always love seeing if I can find a nice set of innards so that it re-fulfills its original purpose. (Of course, I've only done that with vintage and antique radios, so you may want to take my input with a very large grain of salt...) Congrats on a really very cool find! 8-)
conjurer
ASSHAT & Master of Time

Post by conjurer » June 24th 2017, 10:09am

That is indeed an unusual find, and very cool, Mr. bee. I know the Victorians were nutz about putting things under glass, and I've never seen something like that before.
I find tv watches to be like the guys who raise their truck you need a fricken ladder to get in. It’s a attempt to look cool... that’s all.

--Hawkeye
TemerityB (Online)
ASSHAT
Facebook ID: 0

Post by TemerityB » June 24th 2017, 4:42pm

More proof that it always pays to keep those eyes open, regardless of where you are. Good on ya, bob.
WatchGeeks will go down in watch forum history as the worst watch related site that existed. Trolls, threats, bannings, and owners and sponsors talking out of their collective asses to fleece people out of hard earned money. - Koimaster

Return to “Clocks & Pocket Watches”