RLG pre-order

Micro-Brands discussed here
biglove
Watchlord WIS
Facebook ID: 0

Re: RLG pre-order

Post by biglove » February 22nd 2021, 11:10am

Have been contemplating the powder blue dial.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
Watch Noob
Banned

Post by Watch Noob » February 22nd 2021, 11:15am

Nice look Diver. I like the clean look of the dial and the areas of lume. The caseback is one of the nicest I've seen in a while. Finishing looks pretty nice in the pics at least.
biglove
Watchlord WIS

Post by biglove » February 22nd 2021, 1:08pm

codguy wrote:
February 22nd 2021, 11:14am
I might need to purchase a half dozen of these.......only to put them up for sale on forums say in six months.
Considering their resale, could likely be done at a profit. And since your SOLE contribution to this forum amounts to persistent trolling and harassing other members, you can go crawl back in the hole you came from.

Guess you won’t be happy until all that remain here are you and Koi. Then you can troll him and watch what happens.
Last edited by biglove on February 22nd 2021, 1:39pm, edited 1 time in total.
My best friend from college shared his secret to his huge financial success, "I fell out of the right vagina."

"We should just sanction stupidity as our national pastime and be done with it."-TemerityB, WL Asshat
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 22nd 2021, 1:31pm

Right size, great look, good movement, terrific case back. This might be the first time in ages I'm attracted to a watch I've never even heard of before. I honestly am quite impressed. Enough to bookmark that page even.

I mean, wow. I was expecting another NH35 diver at that price.

Edit - whoops, that's LeGrand. Forgot about the name change.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
Thunder1 (Online)
Senior Member & WIS

Post by Thunder1 » February 22nd 2021, 2:17pm

biglove wrote:
February 22nd 2021, 11:10am
Have been contemplating the powder blue dial.
Looks good..great size, nice movement..seems like excellent VFM..
Ebels are a lot like women that lack a low cut dress that zips up the side...neither get the love that they deserve...
koimaster (Online)
Founder

Post by koimaster » February 22nd 2021, 5:37pm

Interesting thing about some micro brands is they hold up well compared to the so called main stream brands. Maison Celedon is a micro brand yet it compares quite nicely against Grand Seiko and other mid range priced watches.

I also would like to add this comment, what one person likes and can afford is perhaps not the same as others may like and could afford. While I make exceptions for shit tv watches for the most part, with the prices of watches going higher and higher out of greed for the most part, purchasing a pre-owned (used) watch is not much different than purchasing a lower priced watch one can afford. If someone could afford a $15k over priced (IMHO) Rolex than feel free to buy it. If you cannot afford to buy it, purchased something else you like like a tudor, omega, glycine, longines.

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
TemerityB
ASSHAT

Post by TemerityB » February 22nd 2021, 6:20pm

koimaster wrote:
February 22nd 2021, 5:37pm
Interesting thing about some micro brands is they hold up well compared to the so called main stream brands. Maison Celedon is a micro brand yet it compares quite nicely against Grand Seiko and other mid range priced watches.

I also would like to add this comment, what one person likes and can afford is perhaps not the same as others may like and could afford. While I make exceptions for shit tv watches for the most part, with the prices of watches going higher and higher out of greed for the most part, purchasing a pre-owned (used) watch is not much different than purchasing a lower priced watch one can afford. If someone could afford a $15k over priced (IMHO) Rolex than feel free to buy it. If you cannot afford to buy it, purchased something else you like like a tudor, omega, glycine, longines.
I'm a Rolex fan and I couldn't agree more. What is going on with shady ADs and the secondary market is crazy. I bought a new Rolex last summer before all this nonsense started in. I had saved for it and was ready. But if it was today? I wouldn't even think about a new Rolex. What is going on with that market is beyond insane.
The Best Invicta Ever is: The ones you used to own. - Boscoe
jason_recliner
ASSHAT

Post by jason_recliner » February 22nd 2021, 6:47pm

You reckon Maison Celadon is comparable with GS? I don't think so. Their movements are pretty and nicely decorated but that's about it. I don't think the screws are heat-blued. And their stamped dials and handsets are not even close. The straps and buckles are okay but nothing special. It's more like a Tissot / Longines competitor IMO.
Copyright Reclinervision 2020 Productions. All rights reserved.

If it thinks, it stinks
iwasbanned
Master of Time

Post by iwasbanned » February 22nd 2021, 8:22pm

jason_recliner wrote:
February 22nd 2021, 6:47pm
You reckon Maison Celadon is comparable with GS? I don't think so. Their movements are pretty and nicely decorated but that's about it. I don't think the screws are heat-blued. And their stamped dials and handsets are not even close. The straps and buckles are okay but nothing special. It's more like a Tissot / Longines competitor IMO.
Recliner is right.

Return to “Micro-Brands”