DOXA - MARANEZ

Micro-Brands discussed here
koimaster
Founder

DOXA - MARANEZ

Post by koimaster » January 8th 2021, 11:21pm

It has long been said that if you are an inventor or manufacturer of something great, you know you and / or it has been accepted as great when someone copies it. In the watch world you can find copies of many famous brands. I am not just talking fakes, but copies of the design and the look and the feel. I guess if that is the metric of success, then the classic Doxa SUB has been a failure. In the 18 years I have been buying and writing about the Doxa SUB I have always said: the nice thing about wearing a Doxa is there are no fakes around. And I still believe that is true. However, there have been a couple of watches from microbrands which have used the Tonneau style case and people have commented how similar the watch looks to a Doxa SUB, but in reality they have only looked a little like a Doxa SUB. I think we all knew the day would come when another manufacturer would trade on the unique style and design of the Classic Doxa dive watch.

Ladies and gentlemen let me introduce to you the Maranez Samui. It may not be an exact Doxa SUB replica, but it is definitely a homage that at first glance has the look and feel of the real thing.

http://www.doxa300t.com/maranez/maranez.htm

1946-2006

“Your heart was warm and happy

With the lilt of Irish laughter

Every day and in every way

Now forever and ever after."
Mark1
Founding Member & Master of Time
Facebook ID: 0

Re: DOXA - MARANEZ

Post by Mark1 » January 9th 2021, 12:55am

Get a grip man. There are many options aside from the Doxa. Besides, if you're going Doxa you gotta go orange dial.
See you're WRONG I don't work at all, I'm a Democrat. The immortal Horse Feathers as spoken to Chucky Ninetoes.

Return to “Micro-Brands”